I'm in love with an 8-bit GameBoy game.

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

I'm in love with an 8-bit GameBoy game.

Post by Falco Girgis »

Okay, no more denying my sincere affection for this new game. It all started just the other day when my little brother walked to Rhino Games with a bit of money.

He bought a game, not just any game, but the most damn respectable GameBoy title I've ever seen--The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening.

He brought it home and played it for a few hours. Then, he randomly decides that he hates it and that he'd like to do anything for Kirby's Tilt 'n' Tumble. I'd never really seen the game before, so I decided that I'd have a look before he made the exchange.

I bend over and look at his GameBoy screen and....

O
MY
GOD

It was truly love at first site. I went so far to trade him a $30 Gameboy Advance game for it. I don't care who you are, but you have to get this game. I've never felt so ... content with a GameBoy game. I'm less than 1/4 the way through it and I still love it that much...
Catalyst
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by Catalyst »

If you're playing the DX version and you beat it without having any game overs, you get a slightly altered ending. And speaking of the ending, you'd better have a box of tissues nearby, because it's extremely emotionally powerful.
No.
Tvspelsfreak
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, SNES
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

Post by Tvspelsfreak »

You won't need the DX version to get the altered ending.
At least not if we're thinking about the same tiny change of the last scene.
Showdin
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Showdin »

Oh god I love that game. I beat it when I was in like 3rd grade. It took me forever though because I wasn't too good. Then I lost it along with 6 golden coinz and many others. But, I walked into my local game retailer about a week ago and they had a copy, so I decided to re-purchase the glory. I am currently at the gay part where you have to find 5 golden leaves. It sux!!! XD
You are better than me.