Post your mid-term grades.

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Is it so wrong to not take an AP class in which you hate the subject? I HATE history so I don't take a class that goes through it extensively and what not. It sounds kinda logical to me.
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Yeah... it does--so you want to put it off so that you can take the same class in a less forgiving environment (college) with professors who hate you, and you get to pay for the class and books. In the meantime, you waste your time with History that in no way affects your career--that does actually sound wrong to me.

I know, I'm a whore about the matter, but I think people need to wake up and realize how effing important these AP classes are. PEOPLE! YOU WILL REGRET IT WHEN YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR THEM!

I have heard first hand from people who have had experience. Yes, it's hard. Yes, I'm going to stay up all night tonight to study for a test. But YES IT IS WORTH IT GDAMMIT!
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

But you like history... don't you.
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

Ahhh..... Well.. I can say there are times when it's interesting... I probably don't hate it like most... ~~~~~
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

GyroVorbis wrote:Yeah... it does--so you want to put it off so that you can take the same class in a less forgiving environment (college) with professors who hate you, and you get to pay for the class and books. In the meantime, you waste your time with History that in no way affects your career--that does actually sound wrong to me.

I know, I'm a whore about the matter, but I think people need to wake up and realize how effing important these AP classes are. PEOPLE! YOU WILL REGRET IT WHEN YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR THEM!

I have heard first hand from people who have had experience. Yes, it's hard. Yes, I'm going to stay up all night tonight to study for a test. But YES IT IS WORTH IT GDAMMIT!
So hurry up and go places already. Just send me the newspaper clippings.
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
FredDibnah
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by FredDibnah »

I couldn't care less if I have to take it later. I've heard horrible stories from my friend (who makes straight A's) about the AP U.S. History at our school. I don't think I could handle a chapter a night, I'm too lazy to do most of the homework I have already. Besides, I'm taking AP classes for the ones I LIKE next year, English and Latin. I'll save history for when I'm more motivated.
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

FredDibnah wrote:I couldn't care less if I have to take it later. I've heard horrible stories from my friend (who makes straight A's) about the AP U.S. History at our school. I don't think I could handle a chapter a night, I'm too lazy to do most of the homework I have already. Besides, I'm taking AP classes for the ones I LIKE next year, English and Latin. I'll save history for when I'm more motivated.
Yeah, except do you know how many hundreds just one of those classes would cost you in college. You may say "Ah my parents got that" or "Ah the government has that" or whatever, but honestly, Gyro's right. If you're passing it up just because you're lazy, you're an idiot. You're still going to have to take it, and at a much higher cost than a little bit of your free time.

I just didn't know any better...I could have taken AP, but didn't. My mistake. At least I'm taking English.
There is no signature.
Don Pwnious
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Don Pwnious »

GyroVorbis wrote:You people and your stupid-people History.

AP is for real men. :nono:
And yet 99.9% of the students in AP U.S. are girls. The other .1 % is Steven, this othe kid, and me.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

The Phantom wrote:
GyroVorbis wrote:You people and your stupid-people History.

AP is for real men. :nono:
And yet 99.9% of the students in AP U.S. are girls. The other .1 % is Steven, this othe kid, and me.
You're making the right choice. YOu won't regere it.
Wutai
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God

Post by Wutai »

Is my brother in AP US History, Phantom?
This is a joke about unfunny jokes. And bad use of irony.
Don Pwnious
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Don Pwnious »

Your brother is who?
1/8th time- 14secs
1/8th speed - 110mph
Wutai
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God

Post by Wutai »

He's got red hair and he sometimes wears glasses.

His name be Jordan.
This is a joke about unfunny jokes. And bad use of irony.
teh ace
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by teh ace »

Not so smart person wrote:I couldn't care less if I have to take it later. I've heard horrible stories from my friend (who makes straight A's) about the AP U.S. History at our school. I don't think I could handle a chapter a night, I'm too lazy to do most of the homework I have already. Besides, I'm taking AP classes for the ones I LIKE next year, English and Latin. I'll save history for when I'm more motivated.
Too lazy huh? At that rate, you won't make it through college.

Oh, wait, you're planning on being a garbage man all your life, right? Aight, I see how it goes.

How important is your GPA in getting into colleges? I'm taking my first class that will go on it, and if you'll look, I'm not doing so hot in it either...
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

DJ Yoshi wrote:
FredDibnah wrote:I couldn't care less if I have to take it later. I've heard horrible stories from my friend (who makes straight A's) about the AP U.S. History at our school. I don't think I could handle a chapter a night, I'm too lazy to do most of the homework I have already. Besides, I'm taking AP classes for the ones I LIKE next year, English and Latin. I'll save history for when I'm more motivated.
Yeah, except do you know how many hundreds just one of those classes would cost you in college. You may say "Ah my parents got that" or "Ah the government has that" or whatever, but honestly, Gyro's right. If you're passing it up just because you're lazy, you're an idiot. You're still going to have to take it, and at a much higher cost than a little bit of your free time.

I just didn't know any better...I could have taken AP, but didn't. My mistake. At least I'm taking English.
This is coming from a really smart kid.

When you take an AP class:
1) Teachers are way more lenient. I can walk up to my US History teacher's face and say "I didn't read the chapter, because it sucked ass." They don't care. They don't take it personally. They know it's hard, they know it sucks. According to them, the only thing that matters is that you do good on the AP test.

2) Scaling. This is something you don't get in college. My average is technically an 84 in that class. AP classes are more difficult, people know that. Schools have to boost any grade in an AP class by 10 points. A 60 on a test can become a 70 and so on.

I had a straight streak of 70s (60s without the points) on my chapter quizes. I still ended up with an A. Why? Because my great notes are the same weight as a quiz. Yes, it is that forgiving.

As long as you do all of your notes, and at least do okay on a test, you should be able to make an A in there no problem. Also, you can make a 110% and potentially get crazy stuff like 4.3 GPAs.

:!!!!:
Don Pwnious
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Don Pwnious »

Wutai wrote:He's got red hair and he sometimes wears glasses.

His name be Jordan.
Ummm... No I do not think he is in my class. He may have took it last year.