DS Must-have list

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

Karkash
ES Graphics Artist
ES Graphics Artist

Post by Karkash »

In Case 5, evidence is 3D and you can examine it from all angles. Also you can dust things for fingerprints and you have to blow into the DS. Also there are some 3D cutscenes, which are awesome. Also, some evidence is broken so you have to put it together. Stuff like that. =D
Arce
Jealous Self-Righteous Prick

Post by Arce »

OMG. That's awesome!

*plays Phoenix Right*

BTW, I almost pissed myself when i met the director in case 3, the one who called me 'J00 n00b!' and told me taht during the muder he was 'ROFS!" (rolling on floor starving, he missed lunch. xP)
Orgodemirk
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Orgodemirk »

Someday, we will have custom Elite Beat Agents.
A glitch?
Arce

Post by Arce »

Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime is actually a pretty badass game.

I enjoy playing it, though, like most my DS games, I don't too often as I'm playing about 7 at once. xD

Also, Diddy Kong Racing DS is pretty flippin sweet, though I hate 2 things: The rom crashes my DS when I goto the genie's 'wish' thingy (don't even know what it does, anyone care to explain?) and it doesn't seem to have coin challenges!?!!? WTF? It's replaced by some kinda newfangled 'click the balloon thing.' Am I just not far enough for the coin challenges, or are they really gone? Appreciate feedback.

Oh, and finally....Phoenix wright is still awesome. I play it everytime I take a shit. :mrgreen:
<qpHalcy0n> decided to paint the office, now i'm high and my hands hurt
Arce

Post by Arce »

O H M Y F U C K I N G G O D.

I LOVE Phoenix Wright.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

I haven't had any spoilers or whatever...So I've been playing it obsessively over the last few days. Episode 4 was SOOO freaking awesome! Then, just today, I FINALLY beat it (I'm still amazed at the epicness and the amazing storyline...omg)...Or so I thought. I was wondering what Shannon said about the last case allowing you to examine evidence and whatnot, but as I watched the credits roll by and the awesome ending, I found myself sorry to see it over...

And I swear to god i was about to turn it off and literally jumped and dropped my stylus in the TOILET when I suddenly heard "TAKE THAT!"

Case 5 is now unlocked!

Is the new game as good as this one? Honestly? I can safely say that Phoenix Wright has made it to my top 5 list of games. That's saying alot.
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

umm you forgot castlevenia dawn of sorrow and por
Arce

Post by Arce »

Got both, haven't played either.

When I've got a card with IGN's rated top 50 DS games, it's hard to get around to them all. ;P

That's why I made this topic. I really kinda wanted to know how I should prioritize my list of DS games and what I should beat when.

Phoenix Wright was my classic game to play on the toilet, but I kinda need something else to play at school. Recently I've been just playing a ton of NES games (because the L trigger acts as a rewind button that makes beating an NES game ungodly easy, and teh R button is frameskip) because they're easy to whip out between classes...But I'd like to start playing something else.

Should I play Castlevenia dawn of Sorrow? Or are there any other games 1st?

& again, I'd be willing to review any games, just gimme a name and I'll tell ya.

Oh, yeah, and tomorrow I plan to put the new Advanced wars on my card, I'll let ya know how I like it.

Anyone else play it yet?
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

Dawn of Sorrow, Megaman ZX is awesome, Megaman Z for GBA is good, Castlevania Aria of Sorrow is good for GBA.
There is no signature.
Karkash
ES Graphics Artist
ES Graphics Artist

Post by Karkash »

I did a review on Apollo Justice. I don't know if you've read it. It's good, I just don't like Apollo and Trucy as much as Phoenix and Maya. Definitely play Justice for All and Trials and Tribulations before Apollo Justice though.