I am now a Super Nintendo owner

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

bulls.bears2011
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

I am now a Super Nintendo owner

Post by bulls.bears2011 »

I finally got a Super Nintendo!!! I have wanted one since I can remember. I paid 22.50 for it. But, it had 2 controllers, a NES 2port to 4 port controller converter, and a Mario Paint mouse!!! I bought Super Mario World for it. Next, I am going to go back to that store, get Mario Paint, and Turtles in Time
bulls.bears2011
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Re: I am now a Super Nintendo owner

Post by bulls.bears2011 »

Wow, everyone is excited to hear about the Dreamcast, but no body gives a shit about the SNES I got. w/e
Moosader
Game Developer
Game Developer
Current Project: Find out at: http://www.youtube.com/coderrach
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, NES, SNES, PS2, PS1, DS, PSP, X360, WII
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by Moosader »

Maybe it's because I have no idea who you are. o.o

Grats, I guess. I'm planning on picking myself up an Atari 2600 to go with my lovely ET cartridge sometime when I have $60 to spare.
Kcirtap1990
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by Kcirtap1990 »

bulls.bears2011 wrote:Wow, everyone is excited to hear about the Dreamcast, but no body gives a shit about the SNES I got. w/e
I enjoy the Super Nintendo thoroughly. I have just had three for ever, someone getting one isn't news I guess.
Moosader
Game Developer
Game Developer
Current Project: Find out at: http://www.youtube.com/coderrach
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, NES, SNES, PS2, PS1, DS, PSP, X360, WII
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by Moosader »

I've never had one, but I've played plenty of the games, and I know they're decently easy to get.
Andy K.
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Andy K. »

I actually have 3 SNES consoles. I just acquired them from different places.

I also, have too many SNES games to list =X Well maybe not too many too list, but too many to feel like listing.
Kcirtap1990
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by Kcirtap1990 »

Andy K. wrote:I actually have 3 SNES consoles. I just acquired them from different places.

I also, have too many SNES games to list =X Well maybe not too many too list, but too many to feel like listing.
My SNES collection is getting huge, but somehow I have managed to not buy a single MegaMan X game. I think I probably should soon.
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

I don't own an SNES woot ;)
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
cronjob00
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by cronjob00 »

LusikkaMage wrote:Maybe it's because I have no idea who you are. o.o

Grats, I guess. I'm planning on picking myself up an Atari 2600 to go with my lovely ET cartridge sometime when I have $60 to spare.
yeah I just picked up a 2600 like 2 weeks ago for like $30. Now to go find a copy of ET I guess I could always go and try to find the landfill the dumped all the cartridges that didn't sell.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Wow, I missed this topic. Every gamer should own an SNES. To this day, it's still my most played console. Whether I just need to chill out, I'm feeling depressed, or I'm feeling pissy and want to kick some ass (MegaManX), SNES is always there for me.

edit: I don't have Mario Paint now, but I used to when I was like 7. It was groundbreaking at the time, rofl.
trufun202
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by trufun202 »

I still have my Mario Paint "Strategy Guide." It has blown up sprites for games like Mario, Zelda, and Street Fighter II.

Creating a single frame of Street Fighter, with Guile and Chun Li took FOREVER, but it was so worth it.

btw, for your newly acquired SNES, you need to pick up Super Metroid! That's my favorite SNES game of all time.
-Chris

YouTube | Twitter | Rad Raygun

“REAL ARTISTS SHIP” - Steve Jobs
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
programmerinprogress
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee
Current Project: some crazy stuff, i'll tell soon :-)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++!

Post by programmerinprogress »

I wish I had a SNES, I just remember as a child, wandering into a game shop and seeing donkey kong country loaded up on a SNES on display, good times :)

I love the multi-coloured buttons on the controller, and the overall design of the console, it's pretty impressive, even by today's standards. (much better than that oversized toaster/george foreman grill they call PS3)

as for the 2600, it looks impressive, it seems like an interesting console, i'm a sap for the retro beeps and boops that thing gives out, and those 8-bit graphics, I also love the look of the controller, it's like the basis of all other controllers ever since!

I'm sure I will collect consoles if I ever get a steady income (currently a lazy student :lol: )
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think I can program pretty well, it's my compiler that needs convincing!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And now a joke to lighten to mood :D

I wander what programming language anakin skywalker used to program C3-PO's AI back on tatooine? my guess is Jawa :P
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Man, last semester was so awesome. I bought all the Megaman Xs, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana (with multitap), Wario's Woods, and a bunch of other rare ass SNES classics. I used to be a huge collector, but paying rent and having to spend money on cars and dining and women and all of this bullshit has sort of killed that fund.

If I got the money back for every "fine meal" that I have taken a girl out to, I would have a fucking PS3.
trufun202
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by trufun202 »

GyroVorbis wrote:Man, last semester was so awesome. I bought all the Megaman Xs, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana (with multitap), Wario's Woods, and a bunch of other rare ass SNES classics. I used to be a huge collector, but paying rent and having to spend money on cars and dining and women and all of this bullshit has sort of killed that fund.

If I got the money back for every "fine meal" that I have taken a girl out to, I would have a fucking PS3.
Just gotta find a chick that would rather play PS3 than go to a fine meal. ;) We go to nice dinners occasionally, but nothing beats a Saturday night game-a-thon with the lady, pizza, and beer.
-Chris

YouTube | Twitter | Rad Raygun

“REAL ARTISTS SHIP” - Steve Jobs