Can I bitch a bit? =(

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Re: Can I bitch a bit? =(

Post by eatcomics »

That's what I was saying all my friends hug evvvvveryone. Truth be told it gets annoying being hugged by five people randomly, half the time I can't tell who it is, maybe that's just because I don't pay attention :mrgreen:
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

eatcomics wrote:That's what I was saying all my friends hug evvvvveryone. Truth be told it gets annoying being hugged by five people randomly, half the time I can't tell who it is, maybe that's just because I don't pay attention :mrgreen:
If they're female and don't have a black-belt boyfriend does it really matter? :roll:
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

dandymcgee wrote:
eatcomics wrote:That's what I was saying all my friends hug evvvvveryone. Truth be told it gets annoying being hugged by five people randomly, half the time I can't tell who it is, maybe that's just because I don't pay attention :mrgreen:
If they're female and don't have a black-belt boyfriend does it really matter? :roll:
That's what I think too. A dude shouldn't care when women hug him. They should just care when their women hug other dudes.
Andy K.
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Andy K. »

GyroVorbis wrote:
dandymcgee wrote:
That's what I think too. A dude shouldn't care when women hug him. They should just care when their women hug other dudes.
I never cared too much, hugging is alright with reason. But when she hugs everyone, that's what gets annoying. And guys do it, too. I'm sure a girl would be equally annoyed.

I let my ex hug her friends, you can't be a controlling nazi in a relationship. :roll:
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

I also know lots of dudes that walk into rooms and hug chicks at random like that. There's also a trend of them all being complete losers. No sauve, self respecting guy would do that. It's a sign of low self esteem to see a dude do that. Half the time the chicks say something like "he's weird" when he walks away.

I know, I'm oh-so-shallow. But I speak truths. It comes from being at parties and around shallow women so much. :)
programmerinprogress
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee
Current Project: some crazy stuff, i'll tell soon :-)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++!

Post by programmerinprogress »

I agree, I have a friend who does it, the hugging thing.

Heck! he's even hugged girls who aren't single, and I've had one of the boyfriends come along to me and say how much it ticks him off! (he's also a very close friend)

Funily enough he's never hugged my girlfriend...I think he's known me long enough to appreciate that I wouldn't take it well (and I doubt she would either :lol: )

As a side note, I tend to be the guy who watches my friends get random hugs... I don't think i'm cute enough to be hug-worthy, but thats the way I like it ;)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think I can program pretty well, it's my compiler that needs convincing!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And now a joke to lighten to mood :D

I wander what programming language anakin skywalker used to program C3-PO's AI back on tatooine? my guess is Jawa :P
kadajett
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by kadajett »

I think hugging is fine as long as it doesn't go to far lol

Or mean more than a hug... :P
Andy K.
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Andy K. »

kadajett wrote:Or mean more than a hug... :P
you can usually tell when a hug means more than a hug =P. The body language sets it off. But my ex wasn't a very touchy person except for with me, so she had a complex about hugs with others. Which is actually kinda amusing to watch. :lol: But she did hug her friends.
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

If everybody gets hugged it loses its meaning of "I'm close to you". So it becomes meaningless and if your significant other does it, you lose a way to express affection for each other.
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

I agree. I'm an affectionate, cuddly kind of guy. I like to hug and be hugged when I have feelings for a lady, so I want it to be special.
trufun202
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by trufun202 »

I've always been able to judge the meaning of a hug by the existence of the "the hand pat."

I've found that there are two types of hugs:

1. The embrace - where you can tell the person truly wants to share a moment and show their affection.

and...

2. The hug & pat - where they kinda half-hug you, and they pat your back a few times. They might as well be hugging that weird uncle they see every 10 years.

#1 and you're in, #2 and you're through!
-Chris

YouTube | Twitter | Rad Raygun

“REAL ARTISTS SHIP” - Steve Jobs
Andy K.
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Andy K. »

trufun202 wrote:I've always been able to judge the meaning of a hug by the existence of the "the hand pat."

I've found that there are two types of hugs:

1. The embrace - where you can tell the person truly wants to share a moment and show their affection.

and...

2. The hug & pat - where they kinda half-hug you, and they pat your back a few times. They might as well be hugging that weird uncle they see every 10 years.

#1 and you're in, #2 and you're through!
You clever boy, you. =O
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

...Sometimes I wonder if trufun is actually a wise old wizard that lives in a cave. When he's not informing weary travelers that the eastmost peninsula contains a secret, he is using his wisdom to better our knowledge of the universe via these forums.
M_D_K
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC

Post by M_D_K »

GyroVorbis wrote:...Sometimes I wonder if trufun is actually a wise old wizard that lives in a cave. When he's not informing weary travelers that the eastmost peninsula contains a secret, he is using his wisdom to better our knowledge of the universe via these forums.
More than likely. I bet he had to bitch extra hard to get a phone line hooked up
Gyro Sheen wrote:you pour their inventory onto my life
IRC wrote: <sparda> The routine had a stack overflow, sorry.
<sparda> Apparently the stack was full of shit.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

M_D_K wrote:
GyroVorbis wrote:...Sometimes I wonder if trufun is actually a wise old wizard that lives in a cave. When he's not informing weary travelers that the eastmost peninsula contains a secret, he is using his wisdom to better our knowledge of the universe via these forums.
More than likely. I bet he had to bitch extra hard to get a phone line hooked up
Yeah, I bet that he and the dragon boss from the first Catacomb in Zelda split the cost of a T3 line. :mrgreen: