Elysian Shadows: Next Video and Camera Donations

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Elysian Shadows: Next Video and Camera Donations

Post by Falco Girgis »

Our next video is going to be something different. For those of you who don't know, we are looking into upgrading our shitty ass little camera that we have been using since Chapter 8. It is no longer sufficient (video or audio) for the kind of quality that we would like from our videos. When Youtube upped their resolution and made it support widescreen, that pretty much put the last nail in the camera's coffin.

So this is the plan: We are going to be taking donations in return for doing something in our videos. You tell us how much you want to donate along with what you would like us to do. It can be anything, and we mean that. You want us to cover the particle system? Okay. You want Peter to drink something gross? Okay. Want another XxStillAVirgin69xX segment? Okay.

So far we have:
trufun - showcase our old pre-ES projects (very good one)
one of Peter's stupid friends - jump off the roof

I'm not guaranteeing that we will do anything you ask, that's why it's a request. We aren't going to release code or a demo or anything ridiculous. But you don't donate the money until we do it. I'm getting on Kleithap to get the donation button and request form up now. :)
trufun202
Game Developer
Game Developer

Re: Elysian Shadows: Next Video and Camera Donations

Post by trufun202 »

GyroVorbis wrote:one of Peter's stupid friends - jump off the roof
Ouch. Who's jumping?
-Chris

YouTube | Twitter | Rad Raygun

“REAL ARTISTS SHIP” - Steve Jobs
Trask
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: Building a 2D Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Sega Genesis and Xbox 360
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

Post by Trask »

I\'d love to help out, probably won\'t be much, but still. I\'ll have to check out what\'s coming up, aside from Digital Overload and see what I can do. You have a camera/money goal in mind?
MarauderIIC wrote:You know those people that are like "CHECK IT OUT I just made Linux run on this piece of celery [or other random object]!!"? Yeah, that's Falco, but with ES.
Dear god, they actually ported ES to a piece of celery!
Martin Golding wrote: "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

trufun202 wrote:
GyroVorbis wrote:one of Peter's stupid friends - jump off the roof
Ouch. Who's jumping?
That'd be me. :evil:

And Trask, good question about the goal and camera. Actually, no. I was hoping that somebody here would suggest a good camera or something. By the way, anybody who is a "friend" on these boards can donate substantially less and get their request aired. ;)
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

I'll give you 20 bucks for access to Private Development :lol: No but seriously I'll donate something. ;)
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

dandymcgee wrote:I'll give you 20 bucks for access to Private Development :lol: No but seriously I'll donate something. ;)
The only man who has ever ventured to private development and lived to tell the tale is trufun by some rift of chaos that penetrated the internet.
trufun202
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by trufun202 »

GyroVorbis wrote:
dandymcgee wrote:I'll give you 20 bucks for access to Private Development :lol: No but seriously I'll donate something. ;)
The only man who has ever ventured to private development and lived to tell the tale is trufun by some rift of chaos that penetrated the internet.
Ah yes, the ol' days.

I've been swore to secrecy and Falco has only threatened me with my life a few times...
-Chris

YouTube | Twitter | Rad Raygun

“REAL ARTISTS SHIP” - Steve Jobs
cronjob00
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by cronjob00 »

I would be down to donate, and as far as video cameras go let me know around how much you plan on spending and I can recommend some cameras its what I have done for the last year or so selling cameras and video cameras. Plus depending on what brand and were you get it from I might be able to get a discount anyway we can talk further about it if you want.
Last edited by cronjob00 on Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeonBlade
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Current Project: Trying to make my first engine in C++ using OGL
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by LeonBlade »

I got... a dollar... lol
Hows that?
There's no place like ~/
cronjob00
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by cronjob00 »

as far as some camera recommendation 1 would be the Sony Handycam HDR-SR11 we have sold a lot of them recently and everyone that comes back allways has good things to say plus it has got a lot of good reviews online cnet ,amazon and most cameras I can get 10 to 20 percent off. we can talk more about it if you want you can hit me up on aim cause I am posting this off of my phone and its a pain in the ass. username is cronjob00
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

I'm broke....
sparda
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by sparda »

I'm ok with donating some cashies.

I'll donate in two conditions: 1) You decide on a camera so that we can have a target goal (I have no idea about what camera is good or not, as I own a piece of garbage) and 2) more XxStillAVirgin69xX!!!!! :lol:

So set up the paypal system already!
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

GyroVorbis wrote:
Well then I'll have to seriously consider donating.. How do I know what I'm actually donating towards? Sure you've got some 12 or 13 hours of video on YouTube, but who's to say your little "Private Development" forum isn't actually titled "Drugz & Narcoticz" and you guys are the second largest supplier in the US? If you mail me a signed note saying "We don't deal drugs in the Private Development forum. -Falco" I'll send you a donation and 50% of my EBay profits on the note.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

dandymcgee wrote:
GyroVorbis wrote:
Well then I'll have to seriously consider donating.. How do I know what I'm actually donating towards? Sure you've got some 12 or 13 hours of video on YouTube, but who's to say your little "Private Development" forum isn't actually titled "Drugz & Narcoticz" and you guys are the second largest supplier in the US? If you mail me a signed note saying "We don't deal drugs in the Private Development forum. -Falco" I'll send you a donation and 50% of my EBay profits on the note.
AIGD merchandise... Brilliant I'll make a fortune... but I would have to sell on these forums...
Arce
Jealous Self-Righteous Prick
Jealous Self-Righteous Prick

Post by Arce »

dandymcgee wrote:
GyroVorbis wrote:
HA, now there's an interesting donation request! :lol: :lol:

Sure you don't want him to sign it in b1ood...? :twisted:
<qpHalcy0n> decided to paint the office, now i'm high and my hands hurt