My First Game Finished

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

thejahooli
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Re: My First Game Finished

Post by thejahooli »

Where did you get the ttf? I'm looking for some fonts to use for some of my games so wondering whether you made it yourself or got it from somewhere?

BTW how long did this take you to make because it's amazing for a first game.
I'll make your software hardware.
Maevik
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: www.keedepictions.com/Pewpew/
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by Maevik »

thejahooli wrote: Where did you get the ttf? I'm looking for some fonts to use for some of my games so wondering whether you made it yourself or got it from somewhere?
I got it from http://www.webpagepublicity.com/free-fonts-e3.html I think.
thejahooli wrote:BTW how long did this take you to make because it's amazing for a first game.
I would estimate around 20-30 hours. A fair amount of that was spent referencing books/tutorials. It's hard to say for sure though, since I'm a full-time student with a full-time job, so I pretty much just put time into it as I could. In any case, THANKS! :D
My love is like a Haddoken, it's downright fierce!
DeFormat
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by DeFormat »

That is a good game. I downloaded a couple pong games yesterday, but if i remember yours had a pretty good AI. :D
thejahooli
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by thejahooli »

And yours has better physics than most, or so it seems. Most pong games I've seen by people for their first game has simple physics (just reversing the x velocity when a collision with a paddle has occured with the same y velocity all the time) but I think yours manipulates the ball in various ways depending on the circumstances, or it at least gives the illusion of it.
I'll make your software hardware.
Maevik
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: www.keedepictions.com/Pewpew/
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by Maevik »

My C++ teacher gave me 50 pts extra credit for this :D I just wanted to show it off. I'm still only halfway through tetris since my C++ final project is eating up all my time ><
My love is like a Haddoken, it's downright fierce!