My breakout clone

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

Bullet Pulse
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

My breakout clone

Post by Bullet Pulse »

eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Re: My breakout clone

Post by eatcomics »

That is really awesome. The physics are great and the particles are cool too... Gets kinda laggy occasionally but that could be cause I'm listening to music and working on my game... I was testing it and forgot to close it
GroundUpEngine
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee
Current Project: mixture
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by GroundUpEngine »

eatcomics wrote:That is really awesome. The physics are great and the particles are cool too...
/agreed

Nice stuff! :)
adikid89
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Current Project: small tiny-mini projects
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC I guess...
Programming Language of Choice: c++

Post by adikid89 »

eatcomics wrote:That is really awesome. The physics are great and the particles are cool too
True, true.. also you gotta love those power-ups/downs. Are there any power-ups? or only that one power-down :P. Anyway there seems to be a small glitch with the physics. The ball got stuck on the left side of the screen and remained there going up and down :) . Nevertheless great job!
My first game C++/SDL Yoshi Combat! = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ9mMBEWSZg
==============================================================
Bullet Pulse
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by Bullet Pulse »

adikid89 wrote:
eatcomics wrote:That is really awesome. The physics are great and the particles are cool too
True, true.. also you gotta love those power-ups/downs. Are there any power-ups? or only that one power-down :P. Anyway there seems to be a small glitch with the physics. The ball got stuck on the left side of the screen and remained there going up and down :) . Nevertheless great job!
Thanks. I used a shoddy collision system back then because I wanted to make it quickly, so that doesn't surprise me (: .
And yea, there is a green powerup (increases player size), and a red powerup(decreases player size); the game picks them randomly.