Null updates, info, and development.

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

THANK GOD!

Do you know how bad it looks when even your own whore, Showdin, complains that your level editor is constantly crashing?

Yes, I wouldn't just drop everything and take 5 minutes to make some tiles transparent. I was going to do it later, I've got other important things to do like the main engine.

So pretty much, Arce resigns because he downloaded the GIMP GTK environment and was too stupid to actually get GIMP and he got pissed off.

Good luck and good ridance. I'll make my own level editor.

Post by Guest »

Diss my editor all you want. But t doesn't "Constantly Crash" you moron. That was the VERY FIRST version, that I ONLY gave out as a TEST, and morons like Hyper Shadow start thinking, "OMG! This not even half done prototype of an editor sucks!" Well, fine, if my editor sucks so bad, go fuck yourself, I don't care. Have you even USED it?

I'm tired of having to compromise for YOU. I spend HOURS trying to get the damn thing to save and load to the correct format, because you were too lazy to change Null from the damn "01 02 03 10 00 00" monstrosities to NORMAL ASCII. You want me to do SHOWDIN'S job at editing tiles, and you're too lazy to even spend, as you said, FIVE minutes to get the editor? I'm tired of this shit, go fuck yourself. :spin:
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

*goes to freak myself*

Go cry because I won't go and download GIMP for you. God you're lazy. I've got other things to do than drop everything and make some tiles transparent right now.

Post by Guest »

Okay, doesn't mean you have to make ME do them. I have other things to do than drop everything, download GIMP editor and make some freaking tiles transparent.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

don't mind me... but whats all this transparent stuff about?
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

Nevermind that.

Arce is back.

While I'm at it, sorry for saying his editor is sub-par. I knew it was an early prototype.

Post by Guest »

In Blitz we have maskimage to make the backround of an image see through, right?

Well, according to Gyrovorbis, the best way to do that on Dreamcast is to make the images transparent in Gimp Editor. AIght? That's what it's about.

Anyway, yes, I'm back on Null Dev team. :spin:
Tvspelsfreak
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, SNES
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

Post by Tvspelsfreak »

I'd recommend using tilestudio for tile editing (such as making the bg transparent). It's free and a lot faster than gimp (at least on my computer)
http://tilestudio.sourceforge.net/
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Tvspelsfreak wrote:I'd recommend using tilestudio for tile editing (such as making the bg transparent). It's free and a lot faster than gimp (at least on my computer)
Oh yeah! I remember TileStudio! It was pretty usefull.

Post by Guest »

I'd recommend using tilestudio for tile editing (such as making the bg transparent). It's free and a lot faster than gimp (at least on my computer)
That has to be the most useful post I've read today. Thanks a billion TVSpealsFreak. :D
Showdin
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Showdin »

I just want you guys to know that I am currently ripping tiles from mario bros. 1, 2, and 3. Afterward, I willmake a mario level for null. This post is pretty useless...Oh well, I was bored here at skewl.
You are better than me.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

It sounds like Null is turning into a mini Nestix. :lol:
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

Sorta kinda. Not really at all. All of the levels are original and the gameplay is near, if not exactly original MegaMan-ish. Null really is more like... RANDOMNESS in NES levels. Randomness, sheer randomness.

NES levels for several reasons. 1) they're frickin' awesome. 2) Sprites are easier to rip. 3) other reasons that I'm too lazy and my keyboard is sticking too bad to name.
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by spideyspiderman2000 »

Speaking of NES, when do we get back to NEStix?
South Park wrote:Mr Garrison: Okay class. Can anybody tell me what "Sexual Harrassment" is?

Cartman: Isn't that when you're having intercourse with a special lady friend, and some other guy comes up behind you and tickles your balls?
I HATE Jack Thompson!

Post by Guest »

Correct me if I'm wronge, but JS Lemming and Gyrovorbis divided to make mini-games before NEStix, to get themselves prepared and ready for the great game. JS Lemming is doing something involving a chainsaw and an improved blood engine, whilest Gyrovorbis is doing Null.

Anyway, right now the level is megaman based, BUT has a mario pipe, and will soon have multiple mario objects/tiles. I'm surprised how good they look together!

You see, NEStix, to my knowledge will have distinct levels. Remakes of old ones with extras. Null has 100% original levls done with my level editor, and has mixed tiles. In NEStix, you can tell the mario world from the Megaman. In Null, you're going around in a megaman level, then randomly there is a box from mario, or a pipe. See what I mean?

Oh, and JS Lemming, I foregot to tell you how tight the demo of Metroid is two player. I played it with Drakor when we slept in the tree house, and i ditched everyone while in making hot chocolate. :mrgreen: