Zombie Outrage 2 (ZO2 Updates)

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Re: Zombie Outrage 2 (ZO2 Updates)

Post by dandymcgee »

Bitchin' update. Your commitment to this project is inspiring.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
epicasian
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Gigazilla Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by epicasian »

Come on dude, when's the beta gonna be out? :D
TheAustech
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Current Project: BeatTapper
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++, C#

Zombie Outrage 2 Free Mode

Post by TheAustech »

New little mode for you guys. Since one of my goals is to make ZO2 a sandbox game, (Meaning you can do as you please without anything forcing you to do things) and a fighting game, I made a test bed.

Free Mode
A little History you Nerds: Free Mode was created around the start of the projects. But is was used as a debugging tool. I could spawn things, see how they reacted. But then it sounded like a fun idea to make it more casual. So I did

Features:
  • Spawning Zombies
    Spawning Chargers
    Spawning Explosions
    Spawning Cars
    Stopping Time (Referred as Disabling Logic)

Media:

YouTube Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlTd8CzOmYM

Unrelated Updates:
  • Logic - Now all entities have two main functions. One to draw, and one for logic. Logic is usually moving, attacking, ect. Draw is rendering
    Messages - Displays a message over the game. An example is thee "Disabled Logic, Press Enter To Re-Enable"
    Bat Swing Fix - Swings like a real bat, not spinning around with the bat
    Health For Player - That Red Bar in the center is it's health. You can get hurt now. No consequences yet.

Thanks for reading. : )
hurstshifter
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Favorite Gaming Platforms: SNES

Post by hurstshifter »

I can't wait to try this out. Lot's of impressive updates so far. Great job man!
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
http://www.thenerdnight.com
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

Oh yeah, this dudes on fire
artgames
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Programming Language of Choice: COBOL

Post by artgames »

This doesn't look too great to be honest, you need real artwork, and the lighting seems pointless. Just my two cents.
pritam
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Amiga, PSOne, NDS
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by pritam »

artgames wrote:This doesn't look too great to be honest, you need real artwork, and the lighting seems pointless. Just my two cents.
You do have a point that it doesn't look to great. However, I wanna try it out regardless of eyecandy so keep up the good work TheAustech ;)
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

pritam wrote:
artgames wrote:This doesn't look too great to be honest, you need real artwork, and the lighting seems pointless. Just my two cents.
You do have a point that it doesn't look to great. However, I wanna try it out regardless of eyecandy so keep up the good work TheAustech ;)
I completely agree Pritam!

Interesting how the 1 post noob's name is "artgames"..
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
pritam
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Amiga, PSOne, NDS
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by pritam »

dandymcgee wrote:
pritam wrote:

Yeah lol, I noticed that too. It seems like a few people choose to sign up just to make one single mostly/farely useless/ignorant post and never return again.
artgames
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by artgames »

Call it useless if you will but I was just stating my opinion, even if you do/don't agree I don't see how it's a useless post..

(FYI ART is my initials, so its ARTgames, i just forgot to capitalize it :P)
dandymcgee wrote:
pritam wrote:

So now I'm a noob? Do I have to make a game with circles and shitty vehicles with pointless lighting to be respected?
Last edited by artgames on Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
artgames
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by artgames »

-Sorry double post-
epicasian
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by epicasian »

Well, you're kind of earning the insults since you are bashing someone's hard work on your first post. And it's called "programmer's art" dude. Not many programmers that I know are skilled in art and programming, nor have the time to improve both skills. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to piss you off, it just pisses me off seeing bashing with no constructive criticism.
artgames
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by artgames »

epicasian wrote:Well, you're kind of earning the insults since you are bashing someone's hard work on your first post. And it's called "programmer's art" dude. Not many programmers that I know are skilled in art and programming, nor have the time to improve both skills. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to piss you off, it just pisses me off seeing bashing with no constructive criticism.
Well... have you seen the "lighting"? I'm trying to say it's pretty pointless the way he has it right now.. it should be changed. That is all.
I'm not bashing his work.
epicasian
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by epicasian »

artgames wrote:
epicasian wrote:Well, you're kind of earning the insults since you are bashing someone's hard work on your first post. And it's called "programmer's art" dude. Not many programmers that I know are skilled in art and programming, nor have the time to improve both skills. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to piss you off, it just pisses me off seeing bashing with no constructive criticism.
Well... have you seen the "lighting"? I'm trying to say it's pretty pointless the way he has it right now.. it should be changed. That is all.
Well, personally, I think the lighting is a cool addition; I mean, what fun would a zombie game be when you can see where the zombies are?
artgames
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by artgames »

epicasian wrote:
artgames wrote:
Well, personally, I think the lighting is a cool addition; I mean, what fun would a zombie game be when you can see where the zombies are?
Yeah but the lights are static circles.. vehicles have headlights, there should be two. All I'm saying is the lighting needs a lot of work.
I know most people here don't want to step up to the plate and call out bad things in someones work but someone has to do it. Simply saying "oh good work keep going!" isn't really useful criticism.