Spidey's "game"

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

Don Pwnious
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Spidey's "game"

Post by Don Pwnious »

Spidey wrote:p.s. I'm taking the advice you and Arce gave me about how I should start with something easy. I downloaded a game programming program ( )
which is called "Squeak". It's a very simple programming thing, but it's still lots of progress. I made a game already where you play as South Park characters and race around a track. I'll post a link here as soon as I can.
First of all, why all the sudden move from art to programming? Are you saying that you are done with the game, but need to do the "details", which is probably everything, and the voices? Why don't you just post your code? And the site?
1/8th time- 14secs
1/8th speed - 110mph
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by spideyspiderman2000 »

Two things...

1) This isn't complete programming. You draw out your sprites in the program, so it's not a complete switch.

2) This isn't your normal programming tool. There's not really a code that you use. It's completely different from C++ or anything else out there.
South Park wrote:Mr Garrison: Okay class. Can anybody tell me what "Sexual Harrassment" is?

Cartman: Isn't that when you're having intercourse with a special lady friend, and some other guy comes up behind you and tickles your balls?
I HATE Jack Thompson!
Don Pwnious
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Don Pwnious »

But did you finish?
1/8th time- 14secs
1/8th speed - 110mph
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

FOOL!!!! Do NOT consider yourself a programer!
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by spideyspiderman2000 »

I never said I considered myself a programmer. Actually, this isn't really programming. You know what? Screw this. I'm taking this goddamn "programming tool" off my computer right now.
South Park wrote:Mr Garrison: Okay class. Can anybody tell me what "Sexual Harrassment" is?

Cartman: Isn't that when you're having intercourse with a special lady friend, and some other guy comes up behind you and tickles your balls?
I HATE Jack Thompson!
Don Pwnious
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Don Pwnious »

Congrates, now learn some real programming. Tomorrow I will lock this topic.
1/8th time- 14secs
1/8th speed - 110mph

Post by Guest »

You've made the correct choice. Nice job spidey! DELETE IT!! ASAP!! NO JOKE, BE RID OF IT!!!

You're not locking it tomorrow, I am. :D

Spidey, learn a real language. You may say, "You don't have room to talk, BLITZ programmer."

If so, two things:

1) BLITZ IS A REAL B.A.S.I.C COMPUTER PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE!!!!!!

2) I'm learning C++ right now, and I'll be DC deving within this year!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway.....If I were you, I'd start with Blitz. I did, JS Lemming did, Gyrovorbis did. Though some of us used it more briefly than others, we at one point used it.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

No.

:lock: