MUD RPG Development

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

dastick
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

MUD RPG Development

Post by dastick »

Hi, Im writing this post to tell you about a game I am making for the PC and IPod. The game is going to be a 2D RPG game a bit like final fanatasy and Pokemon without the Pokemon. The game is written in C/++ and so far I am about 5% of the way making it in 2 weeks.

Currently I am working on the main engine which controls the player stats and stuff, the next step from there will be to add NPC's and towns. The thing which I think makes the game standout is it's freeness for example, Most RPG's say this: Enter your name: bebdbdb now Enter your race: Human. But my game has a system that can create races and create it's attributes for example this is it so far: Enter your name: bhhb
Now bhhb enter your race: pig (doens't exist in the engine)
The race pig doesn't exist, do you want to create it (y/n)

The engine puts the custom races to a list which then gets its own stats.

I currently have a youtube account showing the development process: http://www.youtube.com/user/101MUDman101

If you are interested in helping storyline or programming, message me.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Re: MUD RPG Development

Post by dandymcgee »

Sounds like a fun project, feel free to post your updates in this thread. ;)
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
k1net1k
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Re: MUD RPG Development

Post by k1net1k »

sounds interesting