For those of you who want a DC and/or PS2 DDR mat:

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

For those of you who want a DC and/or PS2 DDR mat:

Post by Falco Girgis »

I just realized what I could do just the other day. I wanted a DC DDR pad, but I didn't wanna import the thing all the way from Japan. Not to mention the DDR for DC is fairly old and it'd be a much better investment just to get a PS2 dance mat.

Then it dawned on me that the Dance Mats get input the exact same way as the controllers. I have a PS2/PSone controller converter for DC. Score for me! I can go out and buy some fancy, brand new PS2 mat and not only use it on DC, but use it on all new PS2 DDR titles as well.

What I'd recommend is that those of you who want the DDR mat for DC (it is worth it), buy a converter.

I got a PC Keyboard, Saturn controller, PSone/PS2 controller to DC converter for less than $6 on ebay. It works really well too. It feels really nice to play Sonic Adventure 2 with a PS2 controller or Samba De Amigo with your Saturn pad.

Not to mention if you show it to your friends they'll crap their pants at the site of it.

Oh, and can't find that super-rare DC keyboard you've always wanted? The 3-in-1 converter allows you to use your nice (in my case wireless) keyboard on the Dreamcast. Man, I love the thing. It was really a great investment.
1st_Movement
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by 1st_Movement »

awesome.

you COULD buy a cheaper PSX one or something like that...couldnt you? PSX and PS2 are pretty much the same controller wise...

im looking for a mat for my 'puter. Im thinking PSX...

and speaking of keyboard controllers...I love this...it makes me laugh:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... D%26sa%3DN

*sigh* I WILL get online...I swear!

and even IF its only 2 games...I (will) have both of them! (PSO 1/2 & 3...ill get 3 soon)
want a cookie?

i love to write. if you love to read, PM me. :)
vmrob
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by vmrob »

www.redoctane.com

they have the best dance pads i have seen. ranging in price from $18 - $200
if you want to spend that much...

but they seem to be pretty durable but i wouldn't recomend a hardcore metal pad. i heard that they hurt your feet. they are also expensive to replace. and gyrovorbis, i would like to know how long the pad that you guys have lasts because the soft ones generally don't last long.