I hate you, Capcom; I love you, Rare!

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

I hate you, Capcom; I love you, Rare!

Post by Falco Girgis »

I have good news, and I have bad news for respectable, GBA-wielding gamers like myself.

THE BAD:

Since I'm such an anti-emocore person, I'll save the good news for last. The bad news is that Capcom's promised "MegaMan Mania" aka "MegaMan Anniversary Collection Advance" aka "YOU'LL NEVER FING SEE IT RELEASED BWAHAHAHA!" is being put off yet again. Don't you all remember how I made such a huge deal that the game was scheduled for the beginning of July? They pushed the release date back to February '06. As if that isn't bad enough, the game was announced in 2003 and people have had preorders in at Wal-Mart for that game for over a year now.

The worst part is that many fear pressure is on Capcom to scrap the GBA port and make something completely unnecessarily retarded for the Nintendo DS.

Now, I'm not one to bitch because I know how hard programming can be, but how the hell can you do this to loyal fans? You announce a game for release almost 3 years ago, delay it over 3 times, and now you're telling us we still can't have it? Not only that, but it's not like the game is written from scratch, the damn thing is a compilation of ancient NES games.

This stupid delayage had better mean that they're doing something awesome like adding MegaMan Xtreme 1 and 2 or something cool like that, because fans are getting pissed.

THE GOOD:
Apparently, although Rare is Microsoft, the Gameboy team is still allowed to pump some pretty respectable GBA games. I read in an interview somewhere that Microsoft is being oddly supportive of Rare's GameBoy team still developing for the GameBoy Advance.

So what's the news? Rare's 3rd and final installment of the Donkey Kong Country trilogy has, indeed, been confirmed for release on the Gameboy Advance. I don't know about you guys, but I've been looking forward to seeing this game ever since I picked up the second one for Christmas.

Here are some screenies:
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

I don't know about you, but that "baby" kong character is simply retarded. It's a disgrace to Rare.
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

JS Lemming wrote:I don't know about you, but that "baby" kong character is simply retarded. It's a disgrace to Rare.
I never did like Kiddy, but as I recently beat the game for my first time, I completely forgive Rare.

DKC3 was a masterpiece. I can understand people not liking it at first (some of the beginning levels like the ones with the rats in the shed SUCK). Then, you go to icy caves, beautiful mountains, awesome jungles, and it gets really good.
FredDibnah
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by FredDibnah »

I never really got into those games, but I love the music. Rare makes some of the best video game music ever. I actually played a few levels of DK64, if only to hear the music (minus that horrid rap).
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by spideyspiderman2000 »

DK64's a great game. The music is good too. All rapping is gay.
South Park wrote:Mr Garrison: Okay class. Can anybody tell me what "Sexual Harrassment" is?

Cartman: Isn't that when you're having intercourse with a special lady friend, and some other guy comes up behind you and tickles your balls?
I HATE Jack Thompson!
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

spideyspiderman2000 wrote:DK64's a great game. The music is good too. All rapping (in the game) is gay.
Fixed.
There is no signature.
1st_Movement
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Re: I hate you, Capcom; I love you, Rare!

Post by 1st_Movement »

GyroVorbis wrote:I have good news, and I have bad news for respectable, GBA-wielding gamers like myself.

THE BAD:

Since I'm such an anti-emocore person, I'll save the good news for last. The bad news is that Capcom's promised "MegaMan Mania" aka "MegaMan Anniversary Collection Advance" aka "YOU'LL NEVER FING SEE IT RELEASED BWAHAHAHA!" is being put off yet again. Don't you all remember how I made such a huge deal that the game was scheduled for the beginning of July? They pushed the release date back to February '06. As if that isn't bad enough, the game was announced in 2003 and people have had preorders in at Wal-Mart for that game for over a year now.

The worst part is that many fear pressure is on Capcom to scrap the GBA port and make something completely unnecessarily retarded for the Nintendo DS.

Now, I'm not one to -blam!- because I know how hard programming can be, but how the hell can you do this to loyal fans? You announce a game for release almost 3 years ago, delay it over 3 times, and now you're telling us we still can't have it? Not only that, but it's not like the game is written from scratch, the damn thing is a compilation of ancient NES games.

This stupid delayage had better mean that they're doing something awesome like adding MegaMan Xtreme 1 and 2 or something cool like that, because fans are getting pissed.
you do know that the GBA megman collection does NOT have any NES games, it has the five original gameboy games on it...

no offense...but megaman extreme sucked. it didnt fit the buttons...try playing on an SNES then immediately going to the gameboy. it REALLY doesnt work very well.

of course...i may be just a bit too hardcore on the megaman X...
want a cookie?

i love to write. if you love to read, PM me. :)
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Re: I hate you, Capcom; I love you, Rare!

Post by Falco Girgis »

1st_Movement wrote:
GyroVorbis wrote:I have good news, and I have bad news for respectable, GBA-wielding gamers like myself.

THE BAD:

Now, I'm not one to -blam!- because I know how hard programming can be, but how the hell can you do this to loyal fans? You announce a game for release almost 3 years ago, delay it over 3 times, and now you're telling us we still can't have it? Not only that, but it's not like the game is written from scratch, the damn thing is a compilation of ancient NES games.

you do know that the GBA megman collection does NOT have any NES games, it has the five original gameboy games on it...

no offense...but megaman extreme sucked. it didnt fit the buttons...try playing on an SNES then immediately going to the gameboy. it REALLY doesnt work very well.

of course...i may be just a bit too hardcore on the megaman X...
Yeah, I know that. I just thought it might be a bit cool if they added something to make all of the ass that they've put their customers through worth it. Of course, they would never mix series like that...

I love all older MegaMan games. Besides MegaMan Legends, the NES Megamans are my favorites. The 5 Gameboy titles play identical to the NES (of course there's less baddies onscreen, far lower resolution, but the gameplay is the same). So I have been all excited for this release for ages...