I now have AIM

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

I hate when people asume they can asume.
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
Catalyst
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

I'll make assumptions if I wish. I provided an alternative.

Post by Catalyst »

The assumption was based on my knowledge of AIM and its reputation as well as your comment about your sister's notebook. I also indicated that you could ignore what I said if the assumption was incorrect. I have nothing against you and was simply making an observation (which was intended to have a slightly humorous undertone). In short, I was fully justified in my assumption and you should stop taking offense every time someone disagrees with you (in reference to the Snake Eater topic in the games discussion forum). I provided an alternative, so if my assumption was wrong, you should have taken it.
Last edited by Catalyst on Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

My respect for AOL has gone negative and I will tell you why:

AOL is nothing but a desperate company that knows that they can't compete with others that have better to offer so they use the whole "bandwagon" approach and trick people into using it because "everybody else does".

Install MSN. What do you get? Exactly what you wanted, MSN.

Install AIM. What do you get? Your desktop instantly floods with icons of "Free AOL 9.0", "Free net games", "Free <insert here>". Guess what? That is BULLSHIT. We as consumers shouldn't have to go through the installing and advertising of all of this other bullcrap just because they need money. I don't want them to be putting this crap on my computer.

MSN and any other respectable company gives you what you want without all of the extra bullshit.

It is just like apple. They try to cover up their incapabilities with fancy animations. It really is pathetic. Then people buy it.

Same with Netscape. The worst browser ever. You install that, and you may as well be trying to save the whole internet on your hard drive.

There is a point where advertising becomes excessive, and Netscape/AOL has gone way past it.
Last edited by Falco Girgis on Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Re: I'll make assumptions if I wish. I provided an alternat

Post by JS Lemming »

Catalyst wrote:The assumption was based on my knowledge of AIM and its reputation as well as your comment about your sister's notebook. I also indicated that you could ignore what I said if the assumption was incorrect. I have nothing against you and was simply making an observation (which was intended to have a slightly humorous undertone). In short, I was fully justified in my assumption and you should stop taking offense every time someone disagrees with you (in reference to the Snake Eater topic in the games discussion forum). I provided an alternative, so if my assumption was wrong, you should have taken it.
Dood, I wasn't offened at all. If I post something that sounds like I'm mad at somebody, think nothing of it (one exeption a long time ago though). Its just how I be.
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!