Official "Hello, World! (I'm new!)" thread

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

MadPumpkin
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac
Current Project: Octopia
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS1-3, Genesis, Dreamcast, SNES, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C/++,Java,Py,LUA,XML
Location: C:\\United States of America\Utah\West Valley City\Neighborhood\House\Computer Desk

Re: Official "Hello, World! (I'm new!)" thread

Post by MadPumpkin »

whazzup man! haha hiya im Josh nice to meet you Zeid
While Jesus equipped with angels, the Devil's equipped with cops
For God so loved the world that he blessed the thugs with rock
Radik782
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: Creating a general purpose 2D tile editor.
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, PS1, Megadrive.
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by Radik782 »

Hey all. Registered a while back, I've no idea why its taken me so long to make a post.
Alex is the name, I'm a student coming on 20 and a programmer... I think. Not a very good one mind you, I'm very late to the party.

Right now I'm studying Computing with Games Development, which is basically 2/3 CS, 1/3 more design stuff. See, I'm not really sure where I stand, so I'm keeping my options open for the time being.
I'm a bit all over the place in what I work with, a lot of Java (ouch, I know), a bit of C++, a fair bit AS3 for Flash, a lot of C# lately for Silverlight (basically Microsofts version of flash for those who might not know of it, its very similar as AS3 to dev with imo, just in uh... C# :lol: ) and even Unrealscript for my UT3 stuff! (Yes I'm very much invested into level design as well. Red Mage Syndrome :? )
What I really want to do though is dive right into some serious C++ SDL, soon as I can - next month, after the exams!

Have to hand it to the Elysian Shadows team, you guys are brilliant, I love the videos you put out and you really are a huge inspiration. Have you tried to become a youtube partner, you should! Perhaps it might even get you make make vids more often!! :mrgreen: :worship:
Sargent@Eagle
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by Sargent@Eagle »

Hello everyone my real name is Silvio. I live in croatia===>Europe
I'm 17. I live in small village which is really cool, quiet and peaceful. No noise, and thats good cause I need a lot of concentration while I'm programing.
Ok that will be all about me for now if I have forgot something pls forgive me ;)
I found this page on youtube videos (which are really cool , nice team 8-) )

I have started programing before 3 weeks so I'm a noobie. :roll:
I'm done with one book (for begginers cca. 300 pages )
now I'm moving forward bigger books. I've found really cool book on net (How to program 5th edition but it's on English and I hate to read from PC so I'll wait week or two until I get (demistificirai c++ 2nd edition) This book is on my language, that will make me a lot easier to understand.
Can't wait to read it....
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

Welcome Radik, Sergeant.
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
Altus
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by Altus »

Hey everyone my name's Geoff and I'm a 20 year old college student from Seattle. Oddly enough, I don't drink coffee which is pretty much a sin around here. I'm majoring in computer science and I do a lot of programming. I'm here because I eventually want to land a career in game development and I've been following "Adventures in Game Development" for awhile and thought it'd be interesting to talk to people with similar interests. I'm knowledgeable in C++ as well as a few other languages, but if anyone makes me program in Ada ever again bad things will happen...
MadPumpkin
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac
Location: C:\\United States of America\Utah\West Valley City\Neighborhood\House\Computer Desk

Post by MadPumpkin »

Welcome Radik, Sargent, Altus
i hope you guys all learn much, or some shit that sounds welcoming
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

Altus wrote:I don't drink coffee which is pretty much a sin around here.
Yeah well, me neither, caffeine tends to give me a headache. Welcome to the forums! (And if anyone gives you crap about not drinking coffee, I can bring down the BANHAMMAR!!!!!! :D)
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

MarauderIIC wrote:
Altus wrote:I don't drink coffee which is pretty much a sin around here.
Yeah well, me neither, caffeine tends to give me a headache. Welcome to the forums! (And if anyone gives you crap about not drinking coffee, I can bring down the BANHAMMAR!!!!!! :D)
My friend nathan pulls more all nighters gaming than me, and he is the same as you Mar... I kinda quit drinking coffee, and went to tea... I drink coffee now and again but whatever... Slushies tea and bigmacs, the perfect diet for me...
DavidT2115
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by DavidT2115 »

Hello everyone! My name is David Tse and I Love all kinds of video games and programing. I am 14 and I'm a freshman in highschool, and I taught myself c++ when I was 9 and have been learning ever since. Now I am fluent in C/C++, C#, Java, and I know some lua, php, html, javascript. I have been using Direct x for a couple of years and now I'm working on my own full fleged 3D game engine, Most likely for a 3D rpg game(not MMO), and every once in awhile when I find my self doing something particularly boring I take a break and work on a 2D rpg game for xna that I recently started to play around with xna and if I end up finishing it to maybe sell it on xbl marketplace if I finish it. I also have some experience with allegro and sdl.

I just want to Say hi and that you guys of Elysian Shadows have really been a big inspiration to me to continue doing what I love!

David
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

Ahoy! :)
Ginto8
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++, Java

Post by Ginto8 »

DavidT2115 wrote:Hello everyone! My name is David Tse and I Love all kinds of video games and programing. I am 14 and I'm a freshman in highschool, and I taught myself c++ when I was 9 and have been learning ever since. Now I am fluent in C/C++, C#, Java, and I know some lua, php, html, javascript. I have been using Direct x for a couple of years and now I'm working on my own full fleged 3D game engine, Most likely for a 3D rpg game(not MMO), and every once in awhile when I find my self doing something particularly boring I take a break and work on a 2D rpg game for xna that I recently started to play around with xna and if I end up finishing it to maybe sell it on xbl marketplace if I finish it. I also have some experience with allegro and sdl.

I just want to Say hi and that you guys of Elysian Shadows have really been a big inspiration to me to continue doing what I love!

David
:shock:
And some people think I'm amazing because I taught myself C++ at 11...
Quit procrastinating and make something awesome.
Ducky wrote:Give a man some wood, he'll be warm for the night. Put him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

DavidT2115 wrote:Hello everyone! My name is David Tse and I Love all kinds of video games and programing. I am 14 and I'm a freshman in highschool, and I taught myself c++ when I was 9 and have been learning ever since. Now I am fluent in C/C++, C#, Java, and I know some lua, php, html, javascript. I have been using Direct x for a couple of years and now I'm working on my own full fleged 3D game engine, Most likely for a 3D rpg game(not MMO), and every once in awhile when I find my self doing something particularly boring I take a break and work on a 2D rpg game for xna that I recently started to play around with xna and if I end up finishing it to maybe sell it on xbl marketplace if I finish it. I also have some experience with allegro and sdl.

David
Will you marry me??? :shock: :lol:
Welcome my 14 year old friend, I welcome you with open arms...
Zer0XoL
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: Zelda untitled multiplayer game
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, GBA, N64
Programming Language of Choice: C++, Lua

Post by Zer0XoL »

Hello everyone, this is my first post! :)

I enjoy programming and knowledge and I´m interested in making games using SDL
I program C++, and i have average computer knowledge of a "nerd" :lol:
My "name" is Zer0XoL, Zero Koll, Zer0KoLL, Zer0XoLL... you get the point....
Gyrovorbis and hes team inspiers me to get things going.

thx all for reading :)
Im Blue
MadPumpkin
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by MadPumpkin »

Zer0XoL wrote:Hello everyone, this is my first post! :)

I enjoy programming and knowledge and I´m interested in making games using SDL
I program C++, and i have average computer knowledge of a "nerd" :lol:
My "name" is Zer0XoL, Zero Koll, Zer0KoLL, Zer0XoLL... you get the point....
Gyrovorbis and hes team inspiers me to get things going.

thx all for reading :)
"Welcome to hell my friend,
everything you say, hear, feel,
and taste is an illusion"
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

Zer0XoL wrote:Hello everyone, this is my first post! :)
Y HALO THAR!