Greatest Moments in Programming

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer, any questions, help, or just talk of any language will be welcomed here.

Moderator: Coders of Rage

Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Re: Greatest Moments in Programming

Post by Sticky »

As a highschool freshman forced into a True Basic class (Would have liked to take something else, but it pays off later on), it would have to be when I created a virus that did normal stuff, but in the background called a batch file that fucked with everyone who used the program :3. My teacher just laughed.
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

Hmmmmm... that's different... my teachers would kick us off the computers...
programmerinprogress
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee
Current Project: some crazy stuff, i'll tell soon :-)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++!

Post by programmerinprogress »

One of my greatest moments in programming would be when I managed to tell one of my early SDL programs to get co-ordinates from a file, and then plot them as SDL_Rects on the screen, I was manually typing in numbers and making maze games all day after that!

The program itself sucked quite a lot, but I felt that feeling of accomplishment, that's really hard to describe, that reward you feel for getting something to work.

The good thing about programming, is you never really have one single greatest moment, because you're constantly finding out new ways of making things work, so eventually you're bound to find something that 'tops' the last moment.

it's good to see a good plan come together!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think I can program pretty well, it's my compiler that needs convincing!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And now a joke to lighten to mood :D

I wander what programming language anakin skywalker used to program C3-PO's AI back on tatooine? my guess is Jawa :P