Your absolute favorite games, and why

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

Rada
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Re: Your absolute favorite games, and why

Post by Rada »

Deus Ex really got me into gaming. I really liked the choose your own adventure feel to it. More recently Fallout 3 incorporates a lot of the same gameplay.

I absolutely love the driving physics of Burnout Paradise. The bloom lighting and texture mapping are really impressive too. The crash simulations are also well done. Getting a mesh to cripple like that takes some serious brain power!
"When the individual becomes aware of the part he can play in directing his own life --and when he accepts the responsibility that goes with the freedom of this inner authority -- then he is better able to sight his course of action with more accuracy." ~ Virginia M. Axline.
Lukin
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by Lukin »

Final Fantasy VII. The story is perfect, the music is perfect, the characters are perfect, everything is just.. Perfect! :worship:
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

Surely it could look better.
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
AerisAndMe
ES Software Engineer
ES Software Engineer
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, SNES, PS3
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by AerisAndMe »

Final Fantasy VII. The story is perfect, the music is perfect, the characters are perfect, everything is just.. Perfect!
Ohhhhhh my god, agreed.
Lukin
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by Lukin »

MarauderIIC wrote:Surely it could look better.
Yeah, but I think the rest of the game makes up for it's graphics, but for the PS1 the graphic is quite decent. And isn't there another new version called "Dirge of Cerberus" or something similar with better graphics, just that it's about Vincent? If they could make a remake of the game with today's graphic technology it would be pure awesomeness.
gordon
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by gordon »

I would second dues ex for one of my favourites. The amount of freedom and choice that game gave you was very nice plus it had a reasonably interesting plot. Red Alert 2 also a very good game. I can never name a single favourite as there are so many I have enjoyed over the years.
thejahooli
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by thejahooli »

I had a go at Chrono Trigger because of the large amount it gets mentioned here and it's just amazing ,the story so far and all the concepts of it (time travelling) are very original and gripping. It is definately likely of becoming my favourite game.
I'll make your software hardware.
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

thejahooli wrote:I had a go at Chrono Trigger because of the large amount it gets mentioned here and it's just amazing ,the story so far and all the concepts of it (time travelling) are very original and gripping. It is definately likely of becoming my favourite game.
I had never even heard of Chrono Trigger till AIGD... But I played it and loved it!