Post your mid-term grades.

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by spideyspiderman2000 »

MarauderIIC wrote:My school used a different grading scale. Instead of 94-or-whatever-it-is through 100 for an A, it was 90 to 100.
Same here.
South Park wrote:Mr Garrison: Okay class. Can anybody tell me what "Sexual Harrassment" is?

Cartman: Isn't that when you're having intercourse with a special lady friend, and some other guy comes up behind you and tickles your balls?
I HATE Jack Thompson!
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Re: anger

Post by Falco Girgis »

Catalyst wrote:
GyroVorbis wrote:I still disagree. I'm taking 3 AP courses and 1 honors next semester.

If you can handle it freaking do it. Saying one school is harder than another is hardly a valid excuse, because of the benefit you'll be giving yourself if you are capable of exceeding.
I wasn't using that as an excuse. I pointed it out in order to counter your claim that AP classes aren't nearly as hard as they're cracked up to be and that teachers don't really care what you do as long as you're prepared for the AP exam.

And the point I was trying to make later in my post is that some people may not be able to handle AP classes. Not everyone has the same priorities as you, and just because they don't want to torture themselves in high school for a class they'd probably have an easier time with in college doesn't make them stupid. Throughout this entire thread the pro-AP course side has come off as slightly arrogant, and it's pissed me off. You are smart for trying to prepare well for the future and it's impressive that you can handle such heavy workloads, but don't slap a stupid label on anyone who knows the benefits of your path of action but would rather take things as they come. Just do your work, get ahead for college, be happy, and shut up about it. (This post was addressed not to GyroVorbis but rather anyone who called says that people who don't take AP courses are idiots.)
I'm not being arrogant. I'm not smart. I really shouldn't be taking them. I'm definately probably not as school-oriented as you might think.

First of all, I hate you and hope you rot in hell.

I'm just kidding. You're right. Really, you are. If you really can't do it, I guess maybe you shouldn't. But I know JSL. I can honestly say that he is capable of it if I am.

Also, you're right again. I shouldn't have spoken on behalf of all teachers. I just figured mine were the epitome of AP instructors (obviously they aren't...)

Now that I've admitted to being wrong on like alot of things, you can get the whole "I'm arrogant" thing out of your head, because I couldn't be farther from that.
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

Catalyst wrote:people who don't take AP courses are idiots
No, just the ones that can handle it and don't take it. IOW, the ones that are too lazy to achieve their full potential. I have a friend who is an absolute whiz at most things... but he took standard level courses because they are easy. That's idiotic.
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
FredDibnah
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by FredDibnah »

GyroVorbis wrote: Now that I've admitted to being wrong on like alot of things, you can get the whole "I'm arrogant" thing out of your head, because I couldn't be farther from that.
He stated outright that he wasn't addressing you.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

FredDibnah wrote:
GyroVorbis wrote: Now that I've admitted to being wrong on like alot of things, you can get the whole "I'm arrogant" thing out of your head, because I couldn't be farther from that.
He stated outright that he wasn't addressing you.
Catalyst wrote: (This post was addressed not to GyroVorbis but rather anyone who called says that people who don't take AP courses are idiots.)
What the? I could've sworn that said this post was addressed to me. Dammit... :oops:

1 free punch. GO!
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

Maybe it was an edit to TRICKS US! MEAN HOBBITSES!
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

If you can't handle an AP class now with all the freetime in the world...dude, you've got bigger problems in the long run. APUSH is EASY compared to real history classes. The teachers are there all day and just to hlelp you and whoever else comes in. They actually care about your grades. From what I understand about everyone that I talk to who went through/are going through college, that's massively different from what you get in College. You're on your own, and if you're lucky your professor might spend 10 minutes helping you with a problem.

Point is, you have to take the class anyways...why not take it now.
There is no signature.
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

We're debating in circles.

Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

Does that mean that if I post below that line that I win? So anyway. I win. APUSH is easy, and you need to take it.
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

Depends on the school. Mine was regarded as the 2nd hardest class in it (1st calculus).
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

The APUSH is the second easiest AP test--the first being English.
There is no signature.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Anyone else taking AP Calculus next year? I be. I pwn math.
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

Nope, I'm taking calc at college. I pwn you.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

YOURZ SO STUPIDS YOURZ NOTS TAKING AP CLASS LOLZZZ!!! YOURZ WASTING MONEYZ!!!!!
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

Please god tell me you're kidding.

1) I get to leave school.
2) I'm not taking AP class, because I'm taking THE ACTUAL CLASS.
3) No AP test, because it is the real college course.
4) Dual enrollment is even higher than an AP class, colleges would try to ass-rape your transcripts...
5) What could be a better college prep than to actually attend it?

You live right near Austin Peay, and since you'd be taking AP Calc anyway, I see no reason that you would be denied dual enrollment as well.