J-fail: Unstoppable

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

GroundUpEngine
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee
Current Project: mixture
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Re: J-fail: Unstoppable

Post by GroundUpEngine »

Seriously can JForce fail any Harder...

'Unstoppable' actually looked half-decent, but They Just Don't Know When to Quit do they. Lame!

Bakkon wrote: Image
Looks like that video was put together by a fucking drunk monkey. :lol:
aamesxdavid
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by aamesxdavid »

This makes me really want to start a parody game dev channel, similar to XxStillAVirgin69xX, but with a whole team pretending to make a game. And the "behind the scenes" will be meetings of the sort programmerinprogress quoted.
Lord Pingas
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Wii

Post by Lord Pingas »

aamesxdavid wrote:This makes me really want to start a parody game dev channel, similar to XxStillAVirgin69xX, but with a whole team pretending to make a game. And the "behind the scenes" will be meetings of the sort programmerinprogress quoted.
Shit, that's a great idea. I might do that myself as soon as I figure out how to work my damn camera.
LeonBlade
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Current Project: Trying to make my first engine in C++ using OGL
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3

Post by LeonBlade »

Their new video was just a huge fail...
OH LOOK AT HOW GREAT THIS IS!

Do they honestly expect to attract some sort of attention with that game?
I mean, really, how many other fighter games do you think have been made with XNA.
Look at all the games made in stuff like M.U.G.E.N. with over 9000 generic fighter games.

What do they have there that's going to make people want to play THEIR game over someone else's.
It's pathetic...

And with the whole XNA debate.
Yes it does still take effort to develop a game with the XNA, however, it takes much more time and effort to be coding your game from scratch and making your own engine. You don't SEE the whole picture when you use things like XNA.

Take for example using Game Maker or RPG Maker over real programming.
Are you telling me that using one of those is the same as programming it yourself?
There's no place like ~/
Bakkon
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Bakkon »

LeonBlade wrote: Do they honestly expect to attract some sort of attention with that game?
I mean, really, how many other fighter games do you think have been made with XNA.
Look at all the games made in stuff like M.U.G.E.N. with over 9000 generic fighter games.
The thing is, that's not even a fighter game. Its a clone of that Kirby minigame where it say GO! and the first one to hit a button wins...
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Bakkon wrote:
LeonBlade wrote: Do they honestly expect to attract some sort of attention with that game?
The thing is, that's not even a fighter game. Its a clone of that Kirby minigame where it say GO! and the first one to hit a button wins...
Yeah, that's what I was laughing at.

All of us could make a samurai kirby clone in a few hours.
hurstshifter
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Favorite Gaming Platforms: SNES

Post by hurstshifter »

My favorite part of their previous video on the black guy getting a snuggie is about 10 seconds in he says...

"...quick n dirty, unprofessional, jforce style"

He couldn't have summed up jforce style any better.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
http://www.thenerdnight.com
GroundUpEngine
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee
Current Project: mixture
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC

Post by GroundUpEngine »

Bakkon wrote:
lmfao, Spot on!
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

GyroVorbis wrote:
dandymcgee wrote:They're just being competitive (video-wise, certainly not product-wise). I think it's somewhat amusing.
Man, I certainly hope you don't deem their videos worthy of competition against ours. We work sleepless nights to have actual content to present in our videos (which is why you haven't seen us in months). If you guys thought a couple random screenshots and some shit-talking was Youtube quality, we would be at Adventures in Game Development Chapter 99 by now.
I believe I missed a few important words in there such as "making a sad attempt at". I have yet to watch any of their videos that haven't been posted here to be laughed at, and I most definitely do not think that their attention-getting techniques (be they amusing or not) are at all comparable to the amount of ACTUAL work that goes into AiGD or ESR. ;)
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
LeonBlade
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Current Project: Trying to make my first engine in C++ using OGL
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3

Post by LeonBlade »

GyroVorbis wrote:
Bakkon wrote:
Yeah, that's what I was laughing at.

All of us could make a samurai kirby clone in a few hours.
Oh wow... that's even worse...
I thought they would of made something more challenging like a fighter... this is just pathetic! :nono:
There's no place like ~/
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

I think the bald dude is my english teacher... only my English teacher is MOAR AWSUM!!!!111
OmegaGDS
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Current Project: GMN (C++)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, PSP / Psp Emulation, GameCube, SNES, NES

Post by OmegaGDS »

GroundUpEngine wrote:
Bakkon wrote:
lmfao, Spot on!

I love how they are bashing ES when their game blows like a [censored] in comparison. I mean ES is amazing looking (from what i have seen) but jFails game... no comment. And yeah, they plan on actually trying to sell theirs?! Omg, jFail, you truly fail.
K-Bal
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by K-Bal »

OmegaGDS wrote: I love how they are bashing ES when their game blows like a [censored] in comparison. I mean ES is amazing looking (from what i have seen) but jFails game... no comment. And yeah, they plan on actually trying to sell theirs?! Omg, jFail, you truly fail.
In regards to look I don't think their game sucks.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES

Post by Falco Girgis »

K-Bal wrote:
OmegaGDS wrote: I love how they are bashing ES when their game blows like a [censored] in comparison. I mean ES is amazing looking (from what i have seen) but jFails game... no comment. And yeah, they plan on actually trying to sell theirs?! Omg, jFail, you truly fail.
In regards to look I don't think their game sucks.
That's kind of hard to agree with, considering we saw absolutely no gameplay footage.

I can't exactly say that some image looks like it has nice gameplay mechanics.
K-Bal
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by K-Bal »

I was refering to the screenshot posted above. The models and lighting are well done. At least there is nothing that looks bad or unprofessional in my opinion.

Edit: 256 posts, I'm going to be a short int :D