J-fail: Unstoppable

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Re: J-fail: Unstoppable

Post by Falco Girgis »

patio wrote:Oh hi, um Avatar Showdown has been done for over a month, but we jfailed peer review twice and every time that happens you have to wait a week before you can submit again. And no "Falco" there's no way you could finish a samurai kirby clone that has avatars, online play, and adheres to all the xbox standards in a few hours. It'd take you at least a month. :roll:

And btw, Avatar Showdown will make us at least $10k, probably a lot more.

Oh and we've raised our expectations for Unstoppable. It will make at least $220k gross revenue. I'm dead serious. 8-)

PS: JForce > ES team. The proof is in the pudding. :shock:
:shock:

...well, good to hear from you again, if nothing else.
GroundUpEngine
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee
Current Project: mixture
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by GroundUpEngine »

patio wrote:Oh hi, um Avatar Showdown has been done for over a month, but we jfailed peer review twice and every time that happens you have to wait a week before you can submit again. And no "Falco" there's no way you could finish a samurai kirby clone that has avatars, online play, and adheres to all the xbox standards in a few hours. It'd take you at least a month. :roll:

And btw, Avatar Showdown will make us at least $10, probably a lot more.

Oh and we've failed our expectations for Unstoppable. We wished it will make at least $220k gross revenue. But it's not going to happen... 8-)

PS: JForce < ES team. The proof is in the pudding. :shock:
Fixed it for ya buddy =)
ChrissyJ91
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS1/2
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

Post by ChrissyJ91 »

GroundUpEngine wrote:

And btw, Avatar Showdown will make us at least $10, probably a lot more.

Oh and we've failed our expectations for Unstoppable. We wished it will make at least $220k gross revenue. But it's not going to happen... 8-)

PS: JForce < ES team. The proof is in the pudding. :shock:
Fixed it for ya buddy =)
:lol:
Bakkon
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Bakkon »

patio wrote:Oh and we've raised our expectations for Unstoppable. It will make at least $220k gross revenue. I'm dead serious. 8-)
It will nearly double the highest selling game currently on Xbox Indie which has essentially the same concept. Yes, this surely seems feasible.
jyscal1
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by jyscal1 »

And btw, Avatar Showdown will make us at least $10k, probably a lot more.

Oh and we've raised our expectations for Unstoppable. It will make at least $220k gross revenue. I'm dead serious. 8-)

PS: JForce > ES team. The proof is in the pudding. :shock:
You are gonna make that amount of money but in what time frame? Also how do you expect to make twice as much as "I made a game with zombies"? Unless you charge more i guess. I think you are just gonna break about even with them. How is jforce greater when they failed peer review.............twice..........lol......
CC Ricers
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by CC Ricers »

Heh, "I made a game with Zombies" is the best-selling game on Xbox Indie games right now and only two have broken the $100,000 mark. Looking at those statistics, Xbox Indie Games really isn't that lucrative of a place for indie developers as many people make it seem. You shouldn't count on it as being your primary income even if you plan to keep pumping out more games.

In any situation though, the key to better sales is to provide a kick-ass demo. Aside from poor marketing, I think a weak demo is the biggest kiss of death to a game's profits.
OmegaGDS
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Current Project: GMN (C++)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, PSP / Psp Emulation, GameCube, SNES, NES

Post by OmegaGDS »

Bakkon wrote:
patio wrote:Oh and we've raised our expectations for Unstoppable. It will make at least $220k gross revenue. I'm dead serious. 8-)
It will nearly double the highest selling game currently on Xbox Indie which has essentially the same concept. Yes, this surely seems feasible.
You can make that much off of a kirby showdown clone? :nono: