Start a new SDL project?

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

Start a new SDL project?

Post by Guest »

Is there any programmer out there with the time and/or motivation to begin a new SDL project with me? Not a huge one, just one that'll keep us occupied for a while.

What type of project, you may ask? Truthfully, I don’t know. Maybe a MegaMan style game? Maybe a Zelda style game? Maybe something we pull from our asses? We can decide.

Why do I want to do this? I don’t know. It’s easier to gain motivation when another person is working with you, I guess.

I do realize that 90% of you people are off doing your own thing, so I can understandingly do it alone. I think it would just be more ‘fun’ to do it with someone else.

Well, if you are interested, post here.

If not, post here.

If your post is irrelevant, go to hell. :roll:
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Try Yikarso.

Post by Guest »

I got SDL to work for him yesterday in Dev C++. He browsed the incorrect include folder, which is why Dev C++ couldn't find SDL.h. Since then, I have found that he's working on an independant project. I am not going to tell you what kind; I'm sure he'd post it if he wanted you to know.

In other words, he's booked.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

I'll be the porter of the team. I won't actually help make it, because I'm caught up with Viva La Samba, but I'll port it to Dreamcast when you're done.

Post by Guest »

GyroVorbis wrote:I'll be the porter of the team. I won't actually help make it, because I'm caught up with Viva La Samba, but I'll port it to Dreamcast when you're done.
Thanks, that'd be great.

All of you SDL devers out there, asimple 'no' would be nice...I need to know weather to start on it alone, or wait for someone. If you just don't reply, then I'm kinda screwed, huh?
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Grizious wrote:All of you SDL devers out there, asimple 'no' would be nice...I need to know weather to start on it alone, or wait for someone. If you just don't reply, then I'm kinda screwed, huh?
I'm on vacation man, I can't respond every five seconds. And no I can't help. I low on time as it is.
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

No. I haven't opened anything in a while...
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.