OMFG I'm posting from my Dreamcast!

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

So.... why can't I just plug a line into my DC modem? PC is a handicap.
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Technically, you could. You'd have to pay--waitta sec. If your ISP will allow it (probably will if it isn't AOL).

If your ISP allows you to dial directly rather than through: OMG CLICK HERE TO CONNECT, it should work.

Man, I got too carried away with bridging the DC to the PC. That's what you'd have to do if you had broadband. I keep forgetting that not everybody has the privelage not having less-than-par internet connections (:guffaw:).

I guess dial up still isn't obsolete.

Yes, that'd mean you're in luck, my friend. If you are using AOL or something gay that has to dial for you, you google search a free ISP. That's the easiest way, whereas the DC<->PC bridge is the harder, but more convenient way.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

Okay, I downloaded the XDP homebrew browser. As much as I liked the PlanetWeb 3.0, this is alot better.

It does have some bugs/glitchy issues that can get annoying (like the damn symbol keys are one to the left of what they should be), but it's alot more customizable and has alot more extras that PW 3.0 didn't have.

Planet web handles flash better, but I've logged online with both MSN Messenger and AOL using the homebrew browser. Greatness...

Post by Guest »

JS Lemming, the BBA is not a cord. :guffaw:

OMG it is so great. His dreamcast plays quake so smoothly and perfectly online, that it shows up our laptop. That's damned good!! I didn't see ANY slowdown ANYWHERE, where as on the computer, it'd lag occasionally.

JS Lemming, you have AO-hell, if I were you I'd go fetch myself a tutorial and try to get online ASAP.

Good luck find a free ISP...
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Retard wrote:JS Lemming, you have AO-hell,
What the crap ARCE? Gawd you make me sick! I would never touch AOL in my life.... AOL IS DEVIL. If I ever hear you say I'm anyway affiliated with that crap I'll skin your eyes.

BTW, I'm not going to get my DC online because I don't have a keyboard and mouse. The board is kinda a nececcccccity.
Imprezamtt
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by Imprezamtt »

Hey thats cool.

-Post made from linux.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

JS Lemming wrote:
Retard wrote:JS Lemming, you have AO-hell,
What the crap ARCE? Gawd you make me sick! I would never touch AOL in my life.... AOL IS DEVIL. If I ever hear you say I'm anyway affiliated with that crap I'll skin your eyes.

BTW, I'm not going to get my DC online because I don't have a keyboard and mouse. The board is kinda a nececcccccity.
n00b!

No it isn't. You should be biatch slapped. That's uncool. Okay, controlling the mouse with the analog stick is perfectly smooth and beautifu (I'm guilty of using it just because I'm too lazy to hook up the mouse). All browsers have sexy onscreen keyboards too.

And you think browsing is the best part of it? 99% of online games don't even use the keyboard and mouse for anything... You're just being hater.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

I told you the board was a neccccceeesssiccity, not the mouse. I just don't want to spend all day "entering" text without a keyboard.
Xylene

Post by Xylene »

AOL r0x. Seriously the best ISP ever!
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

JSL... I can tell you're a Nintendo fanboy.

And you hope to someday be/call yourself a DC devver?

:nono:
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

Whoah. Okay, I finally got around to REALLY using my BBA--that would be for devving.

Okay, I knew it'd be fast, but this is like insane. Is there a loadbar? Does DCLoad-IP even have a loadbar? I don't see a thing. I push enter on the DOS console and SHIZAM!!!1111, it's on my screen.

Man, this is OUTRAGEOUS. I remember literally waiting half an hour for Speud's VMU tool and now it's a simple click. Viva la samba with graphics and everything. CLICK. DC Particlez? CLICK!

This is AWESOME.

Not only that, but after working hard all day, I got it to work exactly how I wanted it. I managed to keep my DC<->PC bridge. I'm arp-ing the DC's MAC address and assigning its own address on the network. Then I can just refer to it as its assigned IP address and send the goods.

The beauty is that I don't even have to execute my .elf/.bin from my computer. Since it's on the network through my computer, I can just send it to the IP from any other computer in the house. It's pretty cool when I'm in Arce's room, I send an elf, then walk on over to my room and see it ready for me.

Man, Dreamcast's BBA r0x0rz my b0x0rz to the m4x0rz!

Oh: PS. My DC is so pimpin'. It's got a BBA + Coder's Cable + blue LED and all of that crap. I've got a BBA and 2 coder's cables. I've even tried sending two elves at the same time to both of my Dreamcasts (using the BBA AND Serial Coder's Cable). Awesomeness.
Wutai
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God

Post by Wutai »

I've got xp. :(

Also, where you playing the DC or PC version of Q3A?
This is a joke about unfunny jokes. And bad use of irony.
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by spideyspiderman2000 »

OMFG.

I have to get one of those...

Of course, I've got to get a DC first.

-posted from my crappy Windows XP-
South Park wrote:Mr Garrison: Okay class. Can anybody tell me what "Sexual Harrassment" is?

Cartman: Isn't that when you're having intercourse with a special lady friend, and some other guy comes up behind you and tickles your balls?
I HATE Jack Thompson!
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

Wutai wrote:I've got xp. :(

Also, where you playing the DC or PC version of Q3A?
The Dreamcast version, of course.