The Official PSU Topic

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

Drakor
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

The Official PSU Topic

Post by Drakor »

word.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

We gotta post screenshots and shit of our adventures.

I got PSU, and I must say, it was worh every second of the wait. Yesterday, after I got the PS2 online for a good 5 minutes (Tyler didn't even have time to get the PC on), the PS2/PC servers went down all day because there were so many people online.

I got up at 5AM, and I refreshed EXACTLY when the PSU servers came back. I played online for a good hour. There were HUNDREDS of people online in a single lobby. Just one floor of the lobby had more people than a full PSU lobby. It's fucking awesome.

The battle system is NOTHING like PSO. It feels like a completely new game. It runs smooth as hell on PC and PS2, the graphics on PS2 are completely impressive. I thought they'd look like shit. The PC with graphics all the way up seriously owns WoW even. While you may like WoW's art-style more, PSU's graphics are more impressive from a technical standpoint.

PSU is bursting with action, and there is just so much damn stuff to do that I feel overwhelmed. The character customization is so detailed that I even get to pick eyelash types.

The PS2 version isn't inferior either. The longest loadtime was 5 seconds, literally. The graphics definitely keep up with the PC version, and it logs online just as fast.

My character "Falco" is a level 3 Human Hunter.

Drakor logged on so fast that he got the name "Tyler."
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

I was talking to the chick up on level 5 of Clyez city. She said Force/Hunter/Ranger are only the basic types. As we master them we get to advanced types. Dude, that's so much like DQ7. This is awesome.
Karkash
ES Graphics Artist
ES Graphics Artist

Post by Karkash »

I want to get this now... =/
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

Guys, PSU is the best MMO ever. It's so damned amazing. All the hype, everything that you wished in the back of your mind to be true, and even more is here.

I thought Clyez city was all there was to see on PSU as far as lobbies. I mean, it's a 5 story tall gigantic space station full of shops. What more could you ask? There's cities on every planet with a bajillion stores and a trillion people walking around.

I had no clue. I was just wondering around the lobby, when I hitched a ride to another planet. I wound up in some sort of Okami-ish looking China town. It's so damned badass.

There's so much new stuff to do in PSU that I can't believe it's even a part of the Phantasy Star series. You'd never be able to guess it was the successor to PSO if you just saw it.

Right now I'm spending my hard-earned cash in China Town, buying me some new underwear.

Oh, Tyler, I also visited your room while you were gone. I checked out your mag and stuff. I was gonna leave you a present, but I have no cash.

You mag also "synthesizes" items. It basically works like the alchemy pot in DQ8. You find boards of something, mix them together, and get a super 1337 item that you can then use or sell in your room. People can then visit your room while you're offline and buy it. Your mag gets the money. So while you're at school, you can be making big bucks. $$$

It's almost scary how many people are on. The two biggest Universes (servers) are full (5 of 5 stars), then all the other 2 star Universes are full except for 2.

Also, I was wrong. It seems that there are actually more PS2 players than PC.

The combat system is really in-depth. They completely did away with TP (like MP). Now you have Photon Points. I freaking love them. For example, you get weapon A. Weapon A is kinda shitty. It has a light attack with square. That's all it does. But then you can upgrade it with a photon card or whatever and give it some 1337 hard attack (for example power uppercut). So now when you string together combos, you uppercut with the triangle button.

The better your stuff gets, the more God of War-like the battles get. First person sniping is awesome, dual wielding was very nicely done, you can lock onto enemies, and the action with 6 party members is absolutely amazing.

You can also stay in your party while you're in the lobbies. You can take off in the middle of a mission to the lobbies and restock without quitting. you also can stay in a party while you're roaming cities. Party chat is also there so that you and your party can communicate over all the other people roaming PSU without interruptions.

When you complete a mission, you are ranked. I think S is the highest (which I have gotten several times). This gives you the most meseta and "skill" points. The skill points go towards upping your class. I'm a Human Hunter, so my Hunter experience gets better. This allows you to wield nicer weapons, and do other cool Hunter-y things later on when you level up.

Apparently you can also level individual moves. I dunno how that works, but I was fighting and it was all like "zomg uppercut leveled up!" So now I do more damage with my uppercut combo.

But yeah, PSU is everything and more than anybody could've ever hoped. My fingers are tired from typing all this in excitement, and it's 11:00PM on a school night. I plan to be up for many more hours playing.
Karkash
ES Graphics Artist
ES Graphics Artist

Post by Karkash »

Darn you people. I am seriously considering getting this TODAY. I don't need another obsession. >_< I get distracted and procrastinate enough on my own. And I would probably only play it until the WoW expansion... Grrr...

If I do get it, I don't know if I should get it for PC or PS2. I'll have to buy a keyboard if I get it for PS2 won't I? I don't have my keyboard from FFXI with me. =/ It's wonky anyway. Which has the clunkiest controls? If either of them are even clunky... If PC controls aren't clunky I guess I'll get it for PC. Someone tell me.
Drakor
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Drakor »

2 MMOs. . . first WoW, no social life, now this.... no soul
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

I personally thought the PC controls were rather clunky.

The PS2 just uses a standard USB keyboard.

The PS2 controls are absolutely perfect.
Karkash
ES Graphics Artist
ES Graphics Artist

Post by Karkash »

I know. I'd have a buy a new one cause the one I use for my PC isn't USB and the one I used for FFXI has issues.

What exactly is wonky about PC controls?
Orgodemirk
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Orgodemirk »

I need to get my usb keyboard back from my brother.
A glitch?
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

I'm a level 14 Human with level 2 Hunter class now.

Here's what I've bought so far:
I've bought 2 lava lamps for my room, a giant venus flytrap, resta, daga naf (decent dagger), a photon art for that dagger, auto gun (best handgun a hunter can use), ice shot for the autogun, and that's it.

Now I'm saving up for an armor, because all the gear I have is what I started with. I'm level 14.

I think Hyper Shadow hit 9, but I don't know, because he's too dumb to post here.

I got my photon art for the daga naf to level 10
I got my ice shot to level 4.

I got a shitload of S ranks on missions. I found a good party, and even though we were all like 5 levels lower than we should've been, we owned the dragon and the gigantic robot boss.

I also saw my first beast transformation and SUV's for casts. It almost makes me wonder why so many peole choose to be human. Seriously, it is damn impressive. Drakor, you might wanna start working your ass off, because the beast transformation is so cool. You get all gigantic, and you start to glow red. Then you can just trample everything for double to triple damage.

When cast's SUVs are done charging, their guns or whatever get a million times bigger and just fire a gigantic explosion if shots for a few seconds doing thousands of damage. Both are awesome.

I've officially decided that PSU is the most demanding online game ever. I am still amazed that PS2 is able to handle this game and have it look that good. Everybody I play with on PC says the framerate sometimes drops to 5 FPS in a crowded room with 6 players unleashing hell. PS2's framerate definitely drops, but it's still always playable. All 3 versions have framerate drops (360's are bad too, I hear).

On PS2 the critical mass is 4 players. The framerate is always perfect with 4 players. When you get 5 and 6, you can really start to tell how much the PS2 (or PC or 360) is having to work. You've got 6 guys all dual wielding something. They can be unleashing a hell combo like on god of war, shooting a million shots at a time, casting some devastating spell, transforming into a beast and wreaking havoc, or unleashing the fury of gigantic guns streaming a million bullets into a crowd of oncoming enemies.

I'm going to have to say that PSU can be more action-packed than God of War when there's 5 or 6 party members.

I'm so damn in love with this game, I've been playing all day and night (so has Hyper Shadow). Drakor, you been playing any recently?
The GAME
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by The GAME »

Hyper Shadow wrote:I need to get my usb keyboard back from my brother.
You mean Jesse,he bought his keyboard from me,then gave it back to me.Haha Funny.
The GAME
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by The GAME »

Hey guys post some screenshots soon,all this PSU talk gets me anxious.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

We (Drakor, Hyper Shadow, and myself) made it to the uber-1337 secret hot spring lobby today after assraping the demon named "OhMyGod" six player. It was crazy. The only reason we lived is because I begged this level 27 force chick to lend us a hand.

Then we get to the hotsprings, and you can like chill in them. Then if you go behind the tree, you can change clothes (or change into your underwear like me). :guffaw:

So yeah, enjoy your victory by chilling in the hot tub without your clothes on with your friends. That's what beating Oh my god is all about. :cheers:
Drakor
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Drakor »

ok so my character is a Beast Hunter (Tyler of course), gyro is a Human hunter (his real name too), peter is ..... lol .... a human force (named peter).... really.

so then i conviced another friend of mine to join our ranks, he plays a short newman force named Ian.

i have a awesome Halbred (daga gustas) and it kicks major ass, gyro has a Daga Naf (dagger) and is also awesome, peter uses.....lol..... a dagger and a gun. (as a force he should be using a wand/staff through which he can link his spells) and Ian uses a wand.... like any force should.

i guess this post is directed twords Peter..... DUDE if your gonna play a force, PLAY A FRIGGIN FORCE!!! if your gonna use guns and/or daggers be a Ranger or a Hunter....

/noob