Nintendo to remake old NES classics?

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Nintendo to remake old NES classics?

Post by Falco Girgis »

So Hyper Shadow, Anarki, and I were at the mall. After some distasteful rounds of Dance Dance Revolution Extreme (read about our experience in general), we decided to go to Software Etc. Guess what we see? All of our old favorite NES games with "Coming Soon" labels on them. It seems that Nintendo is celebrating the launch of the NES and its 1980 reunion by releasing:
1) New NES style GBASP
Remakes of
1) Super Mario Bros.
2) The legend of Zelda
3) Pac Man
4) Excitebike
5) Donkey Kong
6) Ice Climbers
7) 1 or 2 more other ones that I forgot.

Not to mention Nintendo recently remade the ever respectable title: River City Ransom. The games feature VERY respectable multiplayer on 1 cartridge (at least Mario Bros. did(I'm assuming all of them do)). Do you think you'll be able to play as 2 on Super Mario simultaneously or have to take turns? Man, I would love playing 2 at a time.

Also, that new NES style gameboy looks ever-respectable, but I'm saving my penniez and silvas for the Nintendo DS. What are your thoughts on these new 1980 celebration releases?

Post by Guest »

I am planning on reserving one or two. I have enough penniez, I think....
Showdin
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Showdin »

I want to buy pac man, the legend of Zelda, and Donkey Kong. They are some of my favorites

Post by Guest »

I only saw 5, and pac-man was not among them. WTF? Are they remaking it, too? Zelda is a must have, DK is an ultimate classic game, and if there is pac-man, then I have the same list as showdin.
Showdin
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Showdin »

Dude, Arce you better wait for yo birthday or christmas to buy retro games! You ARE gonna save yo penniez fo fire am I not correct? I am guessing it will be around four thousand when it first comes out!
You are better than me.

Post by Guest »

Yes, I am saving my penniez. I have like 2800 penniez shoved in the boarding of my bed so far, a little more than half there.
COAL
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: Adventures in Game Development
Favorite Gaming Platforms: N64, SNES, NES, Game Boy
Programming Language of Choice: C tic tac toe

Post by COAL »

And more remakes..

Post by Guest »

I got zelda yesterday. I DID already tell you people this somewhere else, oh well.