Why nice guys NEVER get the girl.

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Why nice guys NEVER get the girl.

Post by Falco Girgis »

http://www.esato.com/archive/t.php/t-65044

So so true.
I consider myself that "nice guy".
:cry:

What a screwed up world we live in...

DISCUSS!!!!
Dark Crusader
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by Dark Crusader »

Shutup! I am curently trying to get a girl to go out with me! Now you just made me get real depreast like. sadness.. :cry:
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. George Carlin
Don Pwnious
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Don Pwnious »

hahaha. I would not know the answer. but it is true
1/8th time- 14secs
1/8th speed - 110mph
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

Ha ha ha ha ha. You know what? I already knew this. However, I can relate it directly to me. Girl on bus I had a crush on sat next to me every day and complained to me about how shitty her boyfriends (yes, plural. she goes through a lot of boyfriends) were. Now, see, here's the part I'm not sure about -- was she trying to make me make a move? 'Cause I'm too self-conscious (not shy, per se) to ask a girl out directly. Or was she just draining my supply of emotional support...?
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

Some of the more interesting posts, compiled here because I'm rahter bored--I mean, for your convenience:
friscosjoke wrote:I think you will find that once you get a little older then the mature girls no longer want the "bad boy" but they also do not want a man that upon a first couple of dates will jump at their beck and call.(that is the male equivalent of being clingey.) They just want to see that you are confident enough on your own that you dont need them. Being needed is aresponsibility being wanted just feels good.
swipe108 wrote:Girls in in their twenties are no different than others. they all want the a**hole.
ShawO wrote:i hafta disagree with u guys man...
the word "asshole" in the article should be replaced by the more fitting word: "playa"

like they say... don't hate the player... hate the game
KiMcHeEbOi wrote:playa=asshole
im guilty of being an asshole myself, i was just thinking why trying to be nice never works.
methylated_spirit wrote:Thats utterly brilliant, how true! The closer you read it, the more true it is!

Liam wrote:here here a very true observation there, i think we should send that to all the girls who bitch about there guy at the same time as trying to "improve" them.
plasmadog wrote:i think u should speak your mind whenever u can, just tell the girl that she can't use u like a dirty rag everytime the a**hole guy dumps her!

tell her honestly.., cos u aren't obligated to be nice and listen to her all the time. maybe that should knock some sense into her!!

and one more thing, kim old man... there are plenty of fish in the sea, and look at it this way.. you're doing her a favour by listening and not the other way round.

if she really thinks that she's your good friend, she won't do that again.
knight4led wrote:I thought for sure that the women of this forum would have flocked to this thread and complained about how untrue it is. I think it's silent consent on their parts. So what we should learn from this whole thing is that too much off an asshole pisses other guys off to no end and being nice never gets you play.[...]
lor wrote:No one sticks long to a bad boy. Those relationships never last long. The girls get played, they move along. The guy keeps playing, gets married, plays some more, gets caught, [...] dies.

The girls that get caught up in their game, suffer along. The girls that end up with nice guys, normally have a pretty great life.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAH

Don't worry about it too much, and nice guys can get girls too. Just how you work yourself. Don't need to be an asshole to get girls. You don't have to lie through your teeth to get laid. Might be different in your country though... lol
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

You know what? I wish I could be there when half of the girls pull their heads out of their assholes long enough to realize that the nice guys that were offering the support would of been the better boyfriend.

That's truely pathetic.
Wutai
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God

Post by Wutai »

You sir, are a complete, X-TREME, loser.

:marioface:
This is a joke about unfunny jokes. And bad use of irony.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

O.o
Dark Crusader
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by Dark Crusader »

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
SS not every girl is a biznach! I happen to know one that is ausome! She plays video games, and she likes anime!!!!!!!!!!

Just so you know she is the one im asking out. I beleave I have a very good chance! :mrgreen:
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. George Carlin
mrhershel
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by mrhershel »

it's not that you have to be an asshole. you just have to stand back alittle. girls figure if you want them a lot, and if your willing to talk to them, then you must not be cool enough or they could do better or something. at least thats my theory. i've also discovered that as much as many girls bitch about guys only looking at their body and not their personality, most of them do the same damn thing when they look for a guy. :(
there is nothing so cool as rightious hobos, especially rightious hobos that can snowboard!
Krystal Kirby
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by Krystal Kirby »

everytime I read this topic it makes me laugh for some odd reason
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

Perhaps you do it to keep from crying due to the naivety of your gender?

Perhaps you do it because you are too ignorant to understand this conversation?

Or perhaps you're just making that up and you're weeping at this very moment... o.O
Don Pwnious
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Don Pwnious »

Umm.. i think some girls likes nice/sweet boys, most like asshole i dont know
uhhh. you drak crusader are asking out a girl. would anyone here on the forums happen to know her, besides you?
Last edited by Don Pwnious on Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1/8th time- 14secs
1/8th speed - 110mph
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Super Sonic wrote:Perhaps you do it to keep from crying due to the naivety of your gender?

Or perhaps you're just making that up and you're weeping at this very moment... o.O
All that time in theater wasn't wasted after all. :mrgreen:
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!

Post by Guest »

Super Sonic wrote:
Perhaps you do it to keep from crying due to the naivety of your gender?

All that time in theater wasn't wasted after all.
What's that supposed to mean?

Are there any females on this forum? o.o

SS, some random PEOPLE (not person) accidentally on purpose jacked the photo albums of our adventures. They told me to tell you that you are hot. (Yes, their females)

Hmmm....I guess, by what the topic name says, you're not a nice guy? :lol: