Weird SDL error?

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer, any questions, help, or just talk of any language will be welcomed here.

Moderator: Coders of Rage

Kyosaur
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS2,PS3,NDS
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Weird SDL error?

Post by Kyosaur »

Code: Select all

1>c:\cpp_libs\sdl-1.2.14\include\sdl\sdl_config.h(34): fatal error C1189: #error :  You should copy include/SDL_config.h.default to include/SDL_config.h
I've been trying to google the answer, but i really cant find out why its throwing this error at me. I followed THIS tutorial to a tea, so i dont understand why i get the error.

Can someone help me (im Running windows 7, and am using visual c++ 2010 for compiling) ?
isamgray
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: Boxy Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Xbox360
Programming Language of Choice: C/++ and Objective-C

Re: Weird SDL error?

Post by isamgray »

I've found that Visual C++ 2010 gives weird errors with things...I'm not sure if this is the case with your problem, but it might be. If no one knows a answer, you may want to try your code in Visual C++ 2008. That switch fixed a problem I had several months ago, it was weird...
Kyosaur
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS2,PS3,NDS
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by Kyosaur »

isamgray wrote:I've found that Visual C++ 2010 gives weird errors with things...I'm not sure if this is the case with your problem, but it might be. If no one knows a answer, you may want to try your code in Visual C++ 2008. That switch fixed a problem I had several months ago, it was weird...
No luck on Dev-c++ either :(.

Someone has to know lol :\.

EDIT: I got it working on dev-c++, i forgot to update the package / was using the Visual c++ 2010 one. Thanks for the help anyways.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

I've gotten that error before, but unfortunately it was so long ago I can't remember what I did to fix it. :roll:
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted: