absolute garbage

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

TheBuzzSaw
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Paroxysm
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++

absolute garbage

Post by TheBuzzSaw »

cypher1554R
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Re: absolute garbage

Post by cypher1554R »

wiseguy wrote:1. It's Not Productive To Read How Much People Hate You
It most certainly isn't. That's why we publicly humiliate them before we ban them, so the other trolls think twice ;P
Van-B
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Current Project: iPhone puzzle game
Favorite Gaming Platforms: All - Except Amiga
Programming Language of Choice: DBPro, ObjC++

Post by Van-B »

TCR is really not like gaming forums though, this place seems to be filled with people who make videogames, want to learn, or at least have a good understanding of how things work. If Gyro & Co get any flak, the chances are that it's stemmed from YouTube trolls and idiots, who decide to take it to the next 'level'.

There are too many gamers with not enough insight and too much opinion that they cannot afford - I just don't visit forums like that, and if I ran one I'd shut it down. A forum has to be productive, it has to help people in some way, whether that's expunging an idea, learning something new, getting advice etc etc. The worst forum I ever visited is the ABC LOST forums, full of dickheads who think their fanboyism counts as knowledge somehow. If this forum was anything like that, then I doubt many people would use it.
Health, ammo.... and bacon and eggs.
thejahooli
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by thejahooli »

Van-B wrote:TCR is really not like gaming forums though, this place seems to be filled with people who make videogames, want to learn, or at least have a good understanding of how things work. If Gyro & Co get any flak, the chances are that it's stemmed from YouTube trolls and idiots, who decide to take it to the next 'level'.

There are too many gamers with not enough insight and too much opinion that they cannot afford - I just don't visit forums like that, and if I ran one I'd shut it down. A forum has to be productive, it has to help people in some way, whether that's expunging an idea, learning something new, getting advice etc etc. The worst forum I ever visited is the ABC LOST forums, full of dickheads who think their fanboyism counts as knowledge somehow. If this forum was anything like that, then I doubt many people would use it.
+1

However I do agree to some extent. Just take the Virgin Monologues as an example. From a development point of view the time spent making this video could have been more productive, regardless of how funny it is.
I'll make your software hardware.