Video Game wars

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Video Game wars

Post by spideyspiderman2000 »

This was an idea I had for a game a few days ago. It's based off my webcomic (using sprites from the chaos rift) Here's what you do in it...

You first pick a side (Nintendo or Sega). Once you pick a side, you pick a character from that side. For instance, if you pick Sega, you can play as Sonic, Knuckles, Rouge, Shadow, etc.. If you pick Nintendo, you get to play as Mario, Kirby, Link, etc.. See my point? Anyway, once you've got your character, you start playing the game. Each character has their own story (actually, some characters share levels). When I say share levels, I mean that they're both in the same setting and level. For instance, if you pick Kirby or Yoshi at the beginning of the game, you'll play in the same level, in this case would be pulling a heist at the city's museum. However, each character who shares the level would their own way. Like in this, Yoshi would go on a stealth mission, not be noticed at all, to shut off the alarms so Kirby could take out guards without worry of alarms. You'd do that as Kirby, speaking of it. In the end of each mission, you fight a boss (the missions are divided into sixths, with the ability to save at each level).
However, the first missions are just one level long. That's it for now.

That's about it (what I have now). I know the main priority right now is NEStix, but this is just something we could do after NEStix is done.
South Park wrote:Mr Garrison: Okay class. Can anybody tell me what "Sexual Harrassment" is?

Cartman: Isn't that when you're having intercourse with a special lady friend, and some other guy comes up behind you and tickles your balls?
I HATE Jack Thompson!
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Go for it. But I'm going to pass on that one. After Nestix I'm working with Wutai on the Metal Gear Solid game. And I plan on doing something original after that. Maybe a first person shooter.
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

I don't make plans for after a certain project is done. I'm too cool. :mrgreen:
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Cool. I need someone to help me program the game though, and a good music composer. If there's any takers, just speak up.
South Park wrote:Mr Garrison: Okay class. Can anybody tell me what "Sexual Harrassment" is?

Cartman: Isn't that when you're having intercourse with a special lady friend, and some other guy comes up behind you and tickles your balls?
I HATE Jack Thompson!
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Heh heh! Good luck finding anybody.
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

I doubt I will.

I HATE Jack Thompson!
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

You know what I hate? I hate when random people who know nothing of game developement post on almost every forum their half baked ideas and then just casually say, "Yeah, I need a programmer or two. Hurry up and come crawling to me."
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

I'm trying to learn how to program a game. I'm not good at it, but I'll know enough soon.

I HATE Jack Thompson!
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

soon?

You mean program a game or just use one of those cheap editors that every cheap wanna-be uses?

If you want to REALLY program C/++, it isn't going to happen ANY time soon. It won't happen for a long time. Game programming is a fine art. You have to master it before you will ever be able to use its powers.

Mastering it takes time, patience, dedication, and a passion for what you're doing.

Using a game maker just takes low self-esteem and no pride in your work what-so-ever. :)

Post by Guest »

Then don't make such big plans. Start small, and see what you're capable of FIRST. I have no room to talk, you might say. But then again, I'm not planning some hardcore C++ game that I am incapable of doing. I'm NOT a poser, I don't claim to be good at C++.

Lemming, I agree 100%
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Both good ideas. I never had plans to use one of those quick game makers. This was an idea I had for a game. I think I'll finish the comic series first, then practice my programming skills.

I HATE Jack Thompson!

Post by Guest »

I respect that. It's just an idea, I understand. I don't mean to be an ass to you I'm just pissed ta people in general. :D
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Yeah. I just posted this on this forum to see if anybody liked the idea.

I HATE Jack Thompson!
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

Yeah, it sounds ambitious.
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Um.. thanks. I think... :|

I HATE Jack Thompson!