Arce's side scrolling breakthrough!

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

Think you should make a new topic :)

I recommend sitting and writing and planning stuff out.

That way you're much likely to finish.
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

That would seem a wise decision Arce. I found it very profitable in experience and learnage to simply go out on your own, with no team, and make a hardy lil game. I'd say Mario: The Last Castle is my version of what you are probably about to do. Its very rewarding, even if other people don't like what you make. You can never have too much experience pointage. Thats my 2 cents.... well, more like hay-pennies!
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!

Post by Guest »

I already have a reputation for not finishing things? -.-

I've finished a few things, but am too embarresed to upload them. x.x

Anyway, that's a great idea. I think I'll do that.

Post by Guest »

That would seem a wise decision Arce. I found it very profitable in experience and learnage to simply go out on your own, with no team, and make a hardy lil game. I'd say Mario: The Last Castle is my version of what you are probably about to do. Its very rewarding, even if other people don't like what you make. You can never have too much experience pointage. Thats my 2 cents.... well, more like hay-pennies!
My Space Game was supposed to my big project.

I enjoyed every bit of it, and it helped me learn in MANY ways. I'm VERY proud of it. But, sadly, it's not much of a game. -.-

No storyline, not many good sound effects, graphics, and not many levels. Hell, even no title. x.x
But still, I enjoyed it VERY much, and everyone that criticizes it can screw off, it's my first big project that I did. People at school liked it, so I'm happy. :)

Anyway, that space game was not what I want. Now, I want a side scroller. Tiles, jump engine, maybe even two player mini-games. So, yes JS Lemming, it'll be my The Last Castle! But, I want this project to be MINE. I've decided NO ripped sprites, NO borrowed graphics. I'm making it TOTALLY on my own, with an exception to sound. I think I'll start after school Thursday.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Ey! that be teh spirit. Yesh, sound is not so easy to make from scratch. Where's MS Sound when you need it? :mrgreen:
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
Orgodemirk
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Orgodemirk »

That space game was pretty koo.

I got to level 400 and figured out there were a PHUKLOAD of levels.
A glitch?

Post by Guest »

Level 400!? OMFG, not only do you not have the completed version, but you also have a shitload of time!

Anyway, once I get to taking a screen, you'll be able to see that the charactorz jump in a V! Because that was made just for the purpose of split side scrolling, I'm DEFINATELY not using its jump engine. I need to construct a new one, similar to that of Mario Bros. 1.

BTW, the new project will probably be a secret until I get a demo done. I doubt it'll be that long, a week, 2 max. Anyway, I'm think about putting in a two player mode. Either LAN or same keyboard...or both?
Orgodemirk
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Orgodemirk »

I just created a bunch of Alis and Life things
A glitch?