just a little bit of HTML help.

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Nope, only one body and head tag allowed. Besides, that's as many as you would need.
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
cobain
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by cobain »

Well, in that case, can you define an id in the style sheet for say...certain text, then for that text do <div id="whatever">Text here, looking a certain way</div> What what you would do? I know you can store existing HTML commands as variables in CSS, but can you store IDs as them as well?
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Not quite sure what you mean, but I think you want to apply styles from a style sheet to a tag? You need to use the class parameter. I don't think ID will work. I could be wrong though.
cobain
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by cobain »

Well, i have seen the ID tag used in a style sheet to define every single attribute of a cell, so they put like <td ID="one"> or something, and it defines hte width, size, color, height, everything. I was just wondering if you can do that with text. I know you can do like

Code: Select all

B {font-weight=normal; cursor=default;}

I {font-weight=normal; cursor=default; color=gray;}
so when you put <b> it makes the code how <b> was defined, and not bold. Same with <i>, but you can only do that with already existing HTML commands. Will the ID tag work? Well, I'll try it and get back to yall! Uhh, one last thing, wahts the style sheet command for valign? Its a picky tag, doesnt work in <table> tag, i dont know why. Also, wont work in a <div> tag. What I mean by the CSS command is, like, for normal align its

Code: Select all

float:left
I can't figure out how to float it vertically in the style sheet...
Last edited by cobain on Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

If you want to find out, just give it a try! And if I were you, just stick with class="". That's what they're there for.