7th Harry Potter Book

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

FredDibnah
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by FredDibnah »

Dj Yoshi wrote:It's not a stereotype...it's fact. In order to be Christian you have to denounce all other beliefs as silly and false. It's nearly impossible to be a tolerant Christian. And don't you dare call out the entire muslim population because a few of their radicals decided to bomb us. Muslims are very peaceful, very friendly, and very good people. Terrorists are pseudo-muslims who have perverted the views that Muhammad started out teaching.
It isn't a requirement to being a Christian. My preacher considers many other beliefs the same, just with a different vision of who God is. It is a stereotype. I don't know any Christian who isn't tolerant. Times have changed, and many have realized that the men who wrote the Bible possibly put their own thoughts on the subject of other religions, not God's.

And also...what the heck? You read it wrong. I didn't call out the entire Muslim population. "It's hardly a general belief, and the only ones that do hate other beliefs are the fanatics. Kinda like muslims, eh?" Muslims have fanatics as well is what I was saying.
Xylene

Post by Xylene »

Anime is against your religion. You're going to hell.
Catalyst
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

This was a stupid post

Post by Catalyst »

Your mother is against my religion. I'm going to hell.
No.
Dark Crusader
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by Dark Crusader »

Uhhh.....Ok......1. I r not evil. Just insane.2.Who says wikka promotes badness?3.I here by renounce my christian faith! I HAVE NO FAITH! With all the bad crap and horrible things that go on in the world I just cant accept the so called god. I have nothing against anyone. So what if Im going to hell. So many people are more worried about the next world that they forget about the one there in.
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. George Carlin
Catalyst
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by Catalyst »

Well, I would agree with you, but I'd think people might wanna make a few preparations in this one to ensure that they don't suffer forever in the next. Not that I believe in any of that crap.
No.
FredDibnah
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by FredDibnah »

Dark Crusader wrote:Uhhh.....Ok......1. I r not evil. Just insane.2.Who says wikka promotes badness?3.I here by renounce my christian faith! I HAVE NO FAITH! With all the bad crap and horrible things that go on in the world I just cant accept the so called god. I have nothing against anyone. So what if Im going to hell. So many people are more worried about the next world that they forget about the one there in.
You said witchcraft. Witchcraft is used for evil. But magic, that can be used for good. You don't believe in magic do you? 0.o

This is sort of the same thing, but dying isn't a bad thing if there is a heaven. So I still believe in God despite people getting killed by hurricanes and whatnot. But I guess you can think whatever about it, I don't care.
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

Actually then your pastor or priest or whatever is wrong. The only religions that could possibly be the same are Islam and Judaism (Judaism for sure although people doubt Islam even though the Koran is only the Old Testament). All other religions are either polytheistic, or they follow a god that's not anywhere near the Christian god. And there's more to Christianity than believing in God--you have to believe Jesus Christ was your Lord and Saviour. Therefore, you have to believe that Judaism and Islam are both incorrect in their assessments of the lack of coming of a messiah, and that they are both WRONG. Yes, if you believe in a religion, you have to believe that you're right and all other religions are wrong.
There is no signature.
Dark Crusader
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by Dark Crusader »

I wonder if there is a connection to the Harry Potter books and our little discution of faith?
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. George Carlin
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

Discussion. And it stemmed from your idiotic claim to be 'wiccan' (though that "religion" is so damn convoluted and lame that only little kids attempt to follow it) and what it was to be Christian.
There is no signature.
Dark Crusader
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by Dark Crusader »

Hey Im not going to get into a supperiority test of faith. So Im a little kid just because I like something you dont. I just think its funny that everyone gets into flame wars over the stupidest crap. No no one can be sarcastic or try to state there opinion without some other idiot criticising them. Oh and I never said I was wiccan I just said I liked the whol magic and dark arts thing so up yours you hole!
FredDibnah
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by FredDibnah »

Dj Yoshi wrote:Actually then your pastor or priest or whatever is wrong. The only religions that could possibly be the same are Islam and Judaism (Judaism for sure although people doubt Islam even though the Koran is only the Old Testament). All other religions are either polytheistic, or they follow a god that's not anywhere near the Christian god. And there's more to Christianity than believing in God--you have to believe Jesus Christ was your Lord and Saviour. Therefore, you have to believe that Judaism and Islam are both incorrect in their assessments of the lack of coming of a messiah, and that they are both WRONG. Yes, if you believe in a religion, you have to believe that you're right and all other religions are wrong.
I didn't say every religion, and the only examples he gave were Islam and Judaism. You could probably count Voo Doo as well, but anyway...

"They're wrong in their assessments of the lack of the coming of the messiah." Okay. Is that saying I'm competely intolerant of their beliefs? No.

And what happened to only Christians being intolerant? Now you're saying that following any religion means you have to denounce all others. Make up your mind.
Catalyst
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

No matter how I word it, this post sounds like an insult.

Post by Catalyst »

Actually, the one who said that Christians were intolerant of others' beliefs was GyroVorbis. Dj Yoshi said that Christians couldn't think that other religions were correct as well (and I think that's what he meant when he said "intolerant"), but he didn't say that Christianity was the ONLY religion that contradicted all others.
Dark Crusader wrote:Hey Im not going to get into a supperiority test of faith. So Im a little kid just because I like something you dont. I just think its funny that everyone gets into flame wars over the stupidest crap. No no one can be sarcastic or try to state there opinion without some other idiot criticising them. Oh and I never said I was wiccan I just said I liked the whol magic and dark arts thing so up yours you hole!
He wasn't flaming you... he was just pointing out the truth. It is sort of idiotic to base your entire system of beliefs on something that you find interesting. And no offense, but it doesn't seem like you truly understand the point of that faith at all. It's not supposed to be "dark arts", nor is it intended to be evil. And you may want to be more careful about insulting people. Doing so right after you accuse others of insulting people too much makes you look bad.
Dark Crusader wrote:I like ideas beter. Besides wikka is more interesting the whol witch craft thing is fun, and I like the idea that people think im evil. Fred im sorry if you hate me for saying that but I needed to get that off my back. Morephoom mof northes! :twisted: :evil:
You didn't flat out say that you were wiccan, but rather implied it. It looks to me like you're using it as a label to get certain kinds of reactions from people, and that's stupid. It completely defeats the purpose of any religion. If you don't care about the fundamental beliefs of that faith and just want people to think you're evil, that's your choice, but understand that you're ignorant for doing so and there are going to be people who notice it.
No.
FredDibnah
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by FredDibnah »

Ah, you're right Catalyst. Sorry about that DJ Yoshi.
Dark Crusader
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by Dark Crusader »

After all of my crap do you think if I cair if I look bad?
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

I sure as hell do! :mrgreen: