Cost of War

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

Fox2Fox2
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by Fox2Fox2 »

Yes, please do change hosts, I'm rather sure I hate your guts.Also, I do believe this thread has gone waaay off topic.

But, going back on topic, wars are ALWAYS costly, this one is one of the least costly wars of history. The deaths are not Bush's fault. Don't blame the Republicans for every problem.
I HATE Jack Thompson.
Join the Red Tigers Battalion! Ventrilo - 204.11.33.45
Sarah Staples wrote:Lapis the cartoon bunny teaches how to reach orgasm...
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

omg it was your fault that hurricane Katrina hit!

kidding, I just had to say that. (because alot of people actually say that seriously)
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

War was not necessary, has not solved anything, has gotten us out 2500-ish men, billions in war funds and equipment, and the respect of most of the world (though...arguably that could be considered a GOOD thing). The only good thing that's coming out of it is Iraqi freedom--a biproduct, in fact.

There's nothing good about this war, nothing to support unless you just refuse to see that Bush fucked up big time. The only thing he should do is keep the troops in and finish the job--no reason to pull out now whne it's almost done for.

JSL--you've proven yourself ultimate douche of the century. Impressive, as we're only about 6 years in.
There is no signature.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

How childish.
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
Don Pwnious
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Don Pwnious »

GyroVorbis wrote:I've never met Fox2Fox2.
Yes you have, in Mrs. Williams' English class in 9th grade. He was the one that pissed her off the most. Speaking of Mrs.Williams, JSL, you should post that image you showed me.

Xylene wrote: According to Gyro himself, half the people who post here (which probably includes you) are fucking dumbasses anyway.
Speaking of that, I have to do an internship the "special class" in my school.
Xylene wrote:
Fox2Fox2 wrote:Call me all the names you want, I've won, I hope you know you've probably offended Chaotic Phantom.
Again, do you think I care the slightest bit? If it was a problem and Gyro didn't want me to host the site anymore that would be fine with me -- I do it for FREE anyway. I didn't host the site so retards such as yourself could argue over the internet, I did it to host a Dreamcast related website.

BTW, Bush has done such a wonderful (:roll:) job on the enconomy.. rightttttt.

For the record, I love asians.

And one more thing. Do you have any tips for getting a semen stain out of a suit? I was fucking your mother (with my suit on, she's into that for some reason), pulled out and a bit got on it.
Whats your problem? You did offend me, so I am going to have you say this. You better back off or else one day Fox2Fox2 or I happen to somehow bump in to you and slit your throat, but not before we give you a proper asian torture(s) and good buddy, you do not want that to happening to you. BTW, if you didn't mean what you said and/or take it back, forget what I said.
1/8th time- 14secs
1/8th speed - 110mph
Dark Crusader
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by Dark Crusader »

Yes war is such a fun thing, but the imperfections of mankind will never change, but the problem is we will never truly know the full reasons for Bush declaring war just because our gov is corupt. I think the Amarican government sucks overall. Once I get well into my life like when Im 30ish I am leaving the US for Japan. Well Okinawa anyways. Living there is so peacefull. The Japanise are so mellow. Its fun there. If you dont belive me then why dont you go LIVE in Japan for four years and tell me otherwise, and if you have then I must have meet the nice ones.
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. George Carlin
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

Don Pwnious wrote:
GyroVorbis wrote:I've never met Fox2Fox2.
Yes you have, in Mrs. Williams' English class in 9th grade. He was the one that pissed her off the most. Speaking of Mrs.Williams, JSL, you should post that image you showed me.
Holy shit, I never knew that!
Fox2Fox2
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by Fox2Fox2 »

Oh Chaotic Phantom, you flatter me..

I dont carry a knife! I'd break his neck! Geez, you dont have to get all fancy with knives.

Btw.
DJ Yoshi wrote:The only good thing that's coming out of it is Iraqi freedom--a biproduct, in fact.
Wow, I dont believe the Iraqis would agree. That wasn't an accident. I guess by your logic, those 2500-ish soldiers' died for nothing. Their scrifices must have been null and void, huh? Very classy. No offense but I feel like that soiled the legacy of those men and women.
I HATE Jack Thompson.
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

Good for you--you're wrong. Those men were not sent there to give Iraqis freedom, they were there to 'protect america from terrorist threats' and of course capture oil. They died because of our president's foolishness in thinking that we could overthrow a country in months (and that was his thought, I'm sure, regardless of the fact that he said that it would be a long and arduous journey or however he worded the bs--he never specified that it would be a long and arduous journey on one country. If he knew we would still be there 5 years down the line, he wouldn't have wasted all the resources.).
There is no signature.
Don Pwnious
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Don Pwnious »

Fox2Fox2 wrote:Oh Chaotic Phantom, you flatter me..

I dont carry a knife! I'd break his neck! Geez, you dont have to get all fancy with knives.
Again, you mean Don Pwnious. I always carry a switch blade except when I'm at school or at church.
1/8th time- 14secs
1/8th speed - 110mph
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

It's your sig Don Pwnious! It messes with his head.
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by spideyspiderman2000 »

DJ Yoshi wrote:Good for you--you're wrong. Those men were not sent there to give Iraqis freedom, they were there to 'protect america from terrorist threats' and of course capture oil. They died because of our president's foolishness in thinking that we could overthrow a country in months (and that was his thought, I'm sure, regardless of the fact that he said that it would be a long and arduous journey or however he worded the bs--he never specified that it would be a long and arduous journey on one country. If he knew we would still be there 5 years down the line, he wouldn't have wasted all the resources.).
Good point.

Branching off from DJ Yoshi, listen to this. Bush doesn't live in the same World as the rest of us. He grew up as a sheltered kid. He has never lived life as a normal American. Most Americans that hate Bush are middle-class, working citizens. Bush was never a normal American. He grew up with his dad being involved in politics, and lived a life where nothing bad happened to him. He doesn't relate to most Americans, and therefore thinks that anything he does makes the World a better place. For instance, look at how he's handling Katrina. Bush thinks that you can put a Band-Aid on a problem, and then everything's okay. The sick thing is that a lot of people agree with him, and are optimistic about his ideas, which, in turn, usually end up pissing a bunch of people off.

Take Bill Clinton, for instance. Now, I hate Bill Clinton. However, he related to America better, because he had a fucked up childhood, and ended up living most of his growing up life as a middle-class American. I'm not going to be the I-Love-Bill Clinton-guy, but he was a better president than Bush, no matter how much of a dick he was. Another example from what DJ Yoshi said, is that Bush thinks we can invade a country in a few months. The majority of American soldiers are people who come from normal families. Some of them are even younger than 18. Bush may think that he's helping the U.S., but he's destroying families and American unity by the second. So, as I stated earlier, is a guy like this REALLY suited to be president?
South Park wrote:Mr Garrison: Okay class. Can anybody tell me what "Sexual Harrassment" is?

Cartman: Isn't that when you're having intercourse with a special lady friend, and some other guy comes up behind you and tickles your balls?
I HATE Jack Thompson!
Fox2Fox2
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by Fox2Fox2 »

I totally agree that Bush grew up with a sheltered life where Clinton didnt. I know Clinton was a good president, just a big prick. Metaphorically of course... .Err... nm...

But my point is, the cost of war is not totally Bush's fault. If you want to blame the screw ups that have gotten all the troops killed, dont blame Bush, he is just the President. He is not the staff of military Generals that thought up "Hey, lets stay here and hope we dont get the crap suicide-bombed out of us. Yeah, great idea guys."

Bush isnt perfect, if you guys want to hold him up to your crazy standards of perfection, of course he will look like a complete idiot. Maybe you should learn how to have a realistic, instead of pessimistic, point of view on politics.
I HATE Jack Thompson.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

Yeah, I think it's sorta univerally agreed that despite what Clinton did (with his penis), he was a good president.
Xylene

Post by Xylene »

So what he had an affair. Everyone made a big deal out of it becuase he was the president.