Funked Up

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

Heart_Flame
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Funked Up

Post by Heart_Flame »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01990.html

WTF???

http://www.aunty-spam.com/feds-propose-taxing-wifi/
doesn't say much but that's fucked up... if it happens... anyway...
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Bush is an effing asshole.

Violating my 9th amendment guaranteed to me by the Bill of Rights.

"Durrr... we believe the president has that kind of power. Of course, there is no clause in the Constitution that gives it to us, but we're pretty sure it's there somewhere..."
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by spideyspiderman2000 »

Jesus christ....

"We aren't spying on the American public. We're just.... um.... wait..."
South Park wrote:Mr Garrison: Okay class. Can anybody tell me what "Sexual Harrassment" is?

Cartman: Isn't that when you're having intercourse with a special lady friend, and some other guy comes up behind you and tickles your balls?
I HATE Jack Thompson!
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Who cares. I have nothing to worry about cause I'm not doing illegal crap. Besides, if it screws terrorists it sounds good to me.
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
Fox2Fox2
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by Fox2Fox2 »

Why is everyone so worried about this? I just really dont care if someone listens to me talking to a friend or my mom.
I HATE Jack Thompson.
Join the Red Tigers Battalion! Ventrilo - 204.11.33.45
Sarah Staples wrote:Lapis the cartoon bunny teaches how to reach orgasm...
Wutai
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God

Post by Wutai »

It's just disturbing how much power he's made up for himself.
This is a joke about unfunny jokes. And bad use of irony.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

You think Bush is listening to your conversations now? Do you know what Intelligence has been doing without presidential consent?
Heart_Flame
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by Heart_Flame »

I am not doing anything illegal but HE is even if he is trying to stop terrosists, which is a good thing. screwed up. it is no better than going into the public restroom and looking over the stalls to see you take a crap. i think it is fucked up.
Drakor
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Drakor »

i think he is using the excuse of terrorsist and freedom to lure us into a false security while he slowly destroys our personal libertys. while he may be using some of his recources to help, most of his efforts are being placed in his master plan of turning america into a police state.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

I don't know about you, but I would gladly be willing to give up one of my "liberties" (especially since it will not effect me in any way whatsoever) if doing so results in a 1% chance that thousands possibly millions won't be screwed over in another attack.

It's not like they are listening to somebodies conversation for entertainment. If you are not a threat, no one will care what you say to your girl friend or whatever you are afraid of.
Heart_Flame
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by Heart_Flame »

dude, if you let them have one of our liberties, they will soon take them all, haven't you ever paid attention to history class... or even the twilight zone?

[for those of us that are Americans] these things is what makes up America... we have to hold on to our rights, if you don't like it i suggest you move to another country or put up with it.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Would you think differently if a massive terrorist attack occured in a few days? Because there will be another. If you haven't noticed, traditional methods don't cut it anymore.
Fox2Fox2
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by Fox2Fox2 »

Wow... You people (besides JSL) are very paranoid. You know we have Checks and Balances right? Bush CANNOT "pass" a law! Congress proposes and votes on these things. Bush only signs them into law. Now, granted these are not conventional laws, but neither is flying a CIVILIAN PASSENGER JET LINER into a CIVILIAN BUILDING an act of conventional warfare.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. I don't know about you but I'd rather one of my mundane conversations out of the US (if you'd been paying attention, you'd remember that the NSA only has the right to monitor out of US calls). If you were really a personal "liberty" fanatic, you'd realize this has nothing to do with local and domestic callings. Also, I'd be more afraid of Congress allowing the NSA or FBI to install a VNC thing on everyone's computer. THAT would scare me crapless.

In short, I'd say this is a necessary, though unorthodox but not invasive, measure to cut down on international terrorism.
I HATE Jack Thompson.
Join the Red Tigers Battalion! Ventrilo - 204.11.33.45
Sarah Staples wrote:Lapis the cartoon bunny teaches how to reach orgasm...
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

JS Lemming wrote:Who cares. I have nothing to worry about cause I'm not doing illegal crap. Besides, if it screws terrorists it sounds good to me.
Yes, you do. This kind of stupid, ignorant mentality is what's facilitating the Big Brother-ization of our nation. "HEY I'M NOT DOING ANYTHING ILLEGAL WHY SHOULD I CARE"--imagine everytime you go 1 mph over the speed limit you get a ticket. Everytime you don't stop long enough at an empty intersection you get another ticket. Furthermore, everytime you commit a small crime it goes in some database anyone can see. Want a pizza? Well let's say you stole a piece of candy from a store--not a big deal, off your record in 7 years. But for those 7 years that it's on your record, you can't go into the pizza store because you've stolen something from another store. Sounds radical, but we're HEADED in that direction.
There is no signature.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

"pizza store" :mrgreen:

Yes, we are headed that way. It happens when technology gets better and better. However, we have a big problem now and that is terrorism. Come up with a better way of combating terrorist then listening to what they are saying to each other and then you would have grounds to stand.