The REAL Terrorist Threat

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

Fox2Fox2
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

The REAL Terrorist Threat

Post by Fox2Fox2 »

This is my opinion and theory that is to say, I do believe it is correct to me.

America lately has seen a huge increase in harsh political debate. Neighbors and friends get at each others' throats at the mention of Bush, oil, or Terrorism. Now, one of the fundamentals of Napolean's war strategy is to divide and conquer. Read that carefully; 1. Divide, then 2. Conquer.

Does not the US seem pretty divided right now? Even our military has divisions in political theory! Our OWN military fights itself over political matters! Not with guns but still! Our OWN MILITARY FIGHTS ITSELF! And over what? Bush "passing" laws (again, Congress passes these! Bush merely signs them), our dependance on oil, and stupid things!

We, as The United States of America, have a war to fight with fanatical and crazed religious zealots. We cannot, and must not afford fighting and divide to tear rifts in American communities and families! The days after 9/11, no one cared about political parties. Everyone wanted those bastardos to pay! Of course because they killed thousands of American men, women, and possibly children! Why would we not want to fight back?

Iraq was the first, obviously, because at the time it was dealing in chemical and biological weapons that have the capabilities to kill millions of people. Unfortunately, we took way too long, we gave Iraq months of warning (not direct but very unsubtle hints) that we were coming and so they moved them. This was proved by shipping invoices and records. Now, we're bogged down and the public is at each others' throats.

My point: if we want to win this and avenge those that were killed so far (not just 9/11, the soldiers killed by insurgents in Iraq) we, the people of America need to stick together. We must NOT be divided and ravaged by the insane and frenzied fundamentalists. Make no mistake, this IS a war, a very unconventional one for sure, but a war nonetheless. America's people cannot spend endless hours arguing and dividing the country. Nor should we support congress's every whim. We just need to stay as one nation to fight our way out of this quagmire. So, stop tearing at each other over stupid political issues and remember, we are in a war. Don't let the enemy divide and conquer us.
I HATE Jack Thompson.
Join the Red Tigers Battalion! Ventrilo - 204.11.33.45
Sarah Staples wrote:Lapis the cartoon bunny teaches how to reach orgasm...
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

Ye olde news. That's what they've been saying (even the hypocritical government that is at the head of our nation)--the terrorists are just out to separate, scare, and confuse our nation. Well, guess what, they succeeded.
There is no signature.
Wutai
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God

Post by Wutai »

We're all gone die. Deal with it.
This is a joke about unfunny jokes. And bad use of irony.
Fox2Fox2
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by Fox2Fox2 »

And yet we continue day to day to do NOTHING about it but perpetuating out vulnerability. Does no one find this stupid and absolutely senseless?
I HATE Jack Thompson.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Fox2Fox wrote:We, as The United States of America, have a war to fight with fanatical and crazed religious zealots.
This is where I disagree with you.

What the hell are you talking about? You are going to judge a whole nation on the basis of a few crazy people? We have more than enough Christian religious zealots. Go watch the news. Murderers, rapists, etc. They're still Christian.

Al Quida (spelling, whatever). Good. Yes, Everybody was all for that. Those were the religious fanatics. All of Iraq and Afganistan? What the hell is that? Less than 1% of them were even involved.

Now North Korea and Iran confirmed to be making nuclear weapons--that's the kind of shit we should have gone for. Not sticking our heads so far up other countries asses that we can't find our way out.
Heart_Flame
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by Heart_Flame »

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the world.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

I agree with Fox2Fox2. Have you seen what those "peaceful" people did when someone drew a cartoon of Muhammad.
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
Fox2Fox2
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by Fox2Fox2 »

I wasnt talking about the North Korean threat, that is small time at the moment and if we dont hurry our arses up in Iraq and stop making it such a huge trouble to get ANYTHING done, we're going to lose.

At the moment our enemies are zealous religious fanatics that will strap bombs to BABIES!

And yet we continue to argue about the small ifs ands and buts about laws passed to help win the fight? What is this ludricousy? What is this INSANITY?
I HATE Jack Thompson.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Jesus Christ, you are so conservative. Do you realize what tiny percentage of the population that is?

You're ignoring the fact that that's got to be like .00001% of a whole population, so lets just wage war on a whole country, huh?
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

If more of a percentage of the population were located next to tuns of Danish and U.S. embassies, they all would do what the ".00001%" is doing to the embassies around them.

No? The people who lived near the embassies weren't a special group or radical gang or something. They attacked those buildings like anyone else in their society would... If only given the chance.
Xylene

Post by Xylene »

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0224991194

Download the Google video player and then the video and watch it on there. Enjoy.
Fox2Fox2
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by Fox2Fox2 »

GyroVorbis wrote:Jesus Christ, you are so conservative. Do you realize what tiny percentage of the population that is?

You're ignoring the fact that that's got to be like .00001% of a whole population, so lets just wage war on a whole country, huh?
You know it is more like 3% right?

And given that estimate, there are 39,000,000 fanatical muslims ready to strap a bomb on themselves and run into a crowd... Pretty number isnt it?

A lot more than 130 by your estimates isnt it? And on the topic of your post, we cannot just fight one country, this requires much more than just tanks and planes. We need highly trained guerilla warriors to fight a guerilla war. This is becoming another Phillipines or Vietnam except the enemy is fighting on our soil! The US is being invaded.

Please do your homework before you decide to flame me.
I HATE Jack Thompson.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Xylene wrote:http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0224991194

Download the Google video player and then the video and watch it on there. Enjoy.
Can you give us a 3 or so sentence sumary?
Xylene

Post by Xylene »

It's a video present theories how the towers fell and all that 9/11 jazz. Instead of just saying "blah blah America turned against it's own people and blew the towers up" it actually presents evidence -- evidence that makes sense. It's worth the watch.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

I over heard some of the stuff he said when Fox2Fox2 was watching it. Some of the stuff didn't make since but was worded to be misleading.