Official pokemon Thread

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

Showdin
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Showdin »

Oh yeah? I've got an even better idea...FREEZE THE FUCK! I caught mewtwo with a great ball in red version. You just have to freeze it.
You are better than me.
blitzersion
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by blitzersion »

LOL!!! I caught Mewto with an ultra ball..... I couldn't catch Mew though, that was weird, I was playing for like 5 hours trying to catch him. I couldn't though. :(
Showdin
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Showdin »

Thats nice. Since you can't even catch mew. :mrgreen:
You are better than me.
Karkash
ES Graphics Artist
ES Graphics Artist

Post by Karkash »

Caught Palkia a couple hours ago.
GLAYYYSHUR
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by GLAYYYSHUR »

blitzersion wrote:LOL!!! I caught Mewto with an ultra ball..... I couldn't catch Mew though, that was weird, I was playing for like 5 hours trying to catch him. I couldn't though. :(
BAHAHAHAHAH!!!
...noob.

I haven't bought Diamond/Pearl and probably won't. It gets ridiculously monotonous after the 5th time.

It's the same thing in every game: get the 8 badges, beat team rocket, beat the elite 4, catch all the pokemon. (Now there are what, 500 of them?! ).
Arce
Jealous Self-Righteous Prick

Post by Arce »

Yeah, not to mention it's ridiculously addicting, crammed full of new features, graphically enhanced nearly tenfold, and with new online play that was previously unheard of. But yeah, definitely repetitive. Dipshit.

Main Entry: ver•sion
Pronunciation: \ˈvər-zhən, -shən\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle French, from Medieval Latin version-, versio act of turning, change, from Latin vertere to turn — more at worth
Date: 1582
1: a translation from another language; especially : a translation of the Bible or a part of it
2 a: an account or description from a particular point of view especially as contrasted with another account b: an adaptation of a literary work <the> c: an arrangement of a musical composition
3: a form or variant of a type or original <an>
4 a: a condition in which an organ and especially the uterus is turned from its normal position b: manual turning of a fetus in the uterus to aid delivery

It the general game play wasn't the same, then it wouldn't be a Poke'mon VERSION. Take a good look at the definition. If it's not a variation of the original, then it wouldn't be a Poke'mon version. What did you expect? A completely new game and style? Then go buy Poke'mon Dungeon--It's not a version, or "variation of the original."

The new one rocks nuts. They did a good job.
GLAYYYSHUR
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by GLAYYYSHUR »

Arce wrote:Yeah, not to mention it's ridiculously addicting, crammed full of new features, graphically enhanced nearly tenfold, and with new online play that was previously unheard of. But yeah, definitely repetitive. Dipshit.
Oh, wow! It's been graphically enhanced nearly tenfold! Did you forget that this game is sprite-based? You realize that even though they've added 3D-looking things, the game is still 2D?

'But yeah, definetly repetitive. Dipshit.' (sarcastically)

After all that bullshit about the definition of version, and how the pokemon games are all variations of the originals, you claim that it isn't repetitive. Tell me, Arce, how a version of Pokemon cannot be repetitive?

Microsoft Office 2007 edition is the newest version of Microsoft Office. While it may have some new features, it accomplishes the same tasks (an analogy to plot, btw) as MS Office '03.

Yet you say that it's not repetitive and also It doesn't have completely new game and style.

Do you know how contradictory that is?
Showdin
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Showdin »

I didn't make this topic to have strong-headed, insignificant specs of crusty smegma like you come bash pokemon okay? And by the way, Arce didn't once mention that they are not repetitive. He even agreed hence the: "Yeah, not to mention ridiculously addicting."
You are better than me.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

I caught me a fucking Uxie, what now, bitches? 2 Legendary lake fuckers down, 1 legendary lake fucker to go!
GLAYYYSHUR
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by GLAYYYSHUR »

Psshyah. I know the game is addicting, man. I spent half my life playing that game...It's just that Gamefreak does not at all want to change anything that made the game popular in the first place. (Not that it's bad or anything)

The Pokemon games are one of the most well-rounded series in the history of gaming. It targets such a wide audience. It's what made them popular.

You choose between the three starter pokemon at the beginning, battle trainers, travel around the continent in a predefined route, and catch and fight pokemon as you go. All pokemon have 4 attacks and each can be used a preset number of times. I repeat, none of these things are bad, but to see them over again in the fourth generation of pokemon can get irksome.
blitzersion
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by blitzersion »

BAHAHAHHHH!!!!!!
I caught Mew with an ultra ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arce

Post by Arce »

Okay...Seriously, shut up.

You can't catch mew. Smart one.
Arce

Post by Arce »

Oh, you're talking FIRERED VERSION, not red.

YEah, I didn't get my mew on there yet, but I will if the FAQ that says you can is reliable, and if I get time.

With DEVING and me new version, there's just oh-so-very-much to do.

BTW: I'm learning 99 Red Balloons - Goldfinger, on guitar. Hellz yeah bitches!!
Arce

Post by Arce »

Okay, call me cheap:

I'm at the first gym, and I got an ungodly cheap way to level my poke'mon:

Though no, I haven't done this yet, I'm seriously considering its cheapness.

I'd head to a Poke'Mart, and waste ALL my cash. I mean all of it. Then, i'd store all the poke'mon in my box except for the ONE I want to train. I'd go to the gym, and kill TWO of their Poke'mon, and purposely die at the third. Then, you get the experince, appear at the center, and repeat. You get shitloads more EP from a gym leader than a normal trainer, so you'll be leveling in no time. For your weaker poke'mon, use potions until it's strong enough not to.

Since you wasted all your cash, you won't owe it to him after you loose.

K, anyway, yeah, cheapness lolz.

BTW, I heard some douch found how to duplicate poke'mon already. No way in HELL i would do it ((I'm all legit)) but did you hear anything about that?

K, later.
Showdin
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Showdin »

I haven't heard of that yet. But, I think the geniuses that find gaps, wormholes, loops, etc. such as that in such a high tech piece of technology such as a DS game deserve some recognition. I thank those guys.
But, Arce, that is actually a very good idea. I love when I think of new pokemon strategies.
You are better than me.