getting a wii tomorrow. what games should I get?

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

guyofcomics
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

getting a wii tomorrow. what games should I get?

Post by guyofcomics »

hey. I am finally getting a wii tomorrow. I have roughly 350 or so. 250 for the console. I should be able to get 2 games with it. I am not sure what to get. I am thinking Twilight Princess and Mario Kart. What do u all think? post soon, or I will not have gotten the post in time.
Go Bears!
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

Super smash bros brawl? You sort of need gamecube controllers for that though, the wiimote isn't very useful
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
guyofcomics
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by guyofcomics »

yea. I'm thinking that I will get Twilight Princess and Brawl now
Go Bears!
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

TP was ok but seemed rather long for me... I traded it in, actually, before I beat it. WarioWare is a fun party game. But I think I would get mario kart if i were you.
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
guyofcomics
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by guyofcomics »

I kind of like that twilight princess is long. That way it can keep me occupied for a while. I don't have any friends with mario kart, but multiple with smash bros brawl. I have mario kart ds and from every review I have seen or read, it isn't much of an improvement.
Go Bears!
Moosader
Game Developer
Game Developer
Current Project: Find out at: http://www.youtube.com/coderrach
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, NES, SNES, PS2, PS1, DS, PSP, X360, WII
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by Moosader »

We've been enjoying Smash Bros, Metroid Prime, Mario Kart, and my sister really liked No More Heroes. Also, if you haven't played it yet, Resi4.
guyofcomics
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by guyofcomics »

RE 4 isn't being sold at my walmart right now. And it is 30 dollars. I will buy it, but I can wait. So people, please just try to tell me 2 to get. Also, I thank you for posting so late
Go Bears!
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

RE4.
There is no signature.
guyofcomics
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by guyofcomics »

I can not get RE 4!! Read yoshi. w/e though. so far it is twilight princess and smash bros brawl. any thoughts????
Go Bears!
JimmyChopblock
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by JimmyChopblock »

as someone who has a pretty large amount of wii games, i feel i can make some good reccomendations to you.

But first i really need to know what kind of games you like.

Smash Brothers Brawl and Twilight Princess is a great combo, though. SSBB will take care of the fighting/party front for you and Twilight Princess is probably the best single player game on the Wii right now.

Other good games I'd reccomend:
The Godfather - Great GTA=style sandbox game with fun mafia/gang-warfare elements and slight RPG style stat upgrades that makes some good use of the wii controls

Super Mario Galaxy - It's a Mario platformer game, do you need more explanation? Definately a top notch game, although a little easy.

Metroid Prime 3 - THE best first person shooter controls on the console. The game itself is a lot of fun and will last you about 30 hours. Not the best in the Metroid Prime series, but a very good installment. One of the Wii's best offerings.

Dragonball Z Budokai Tenchaichi 3 - Very good alternative fighting game to Smash Brothers Brawl. Very unique style of combat, online play, some of the better uses of the wii's motion controls, and is almost overwhelmingly loaded with content.
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

Quality post, Jimmy. Welcome to TCR.
JimmyChopblock
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by JimmyChopblock »

thanks!