What are you playing?

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

cypher1554R
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by cypher1554R »

GyroVorbis wrote:I desperately need to finish FFX, before I forget what was going on.
I highly discourage you to play FFX-2.. But if you decide to do so, watch "Eternal calm" or you'll get totally lost.
trufun202
Game Developer
Game Developer

Re: What are you playing?

Post by trufun202 »

Just picked up Rockband 2 last night. It's cool, I like it. I'm still a bigger fan of the GH series, but I needed some new songs.

They've made some subtle improvements to the hammer-on sensitivity, and there's less repetitive cords for the guitar parts. (which I HATED about RB1) I can't say much for the drums, cuz I suck at them. I like that it shows the difficulty level for Drums, Vocals, Guitar, and Bass for each song - so you know what you're getting into. And, the 80's, retro-look of the Duran Duran video is pretty slick.
-Chris

YouTube | Twitter | Rad Raygun

“REAL ARTISTS SHIP” - Steve Jobs
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

I heard they came out with a new drum kit. Is it less loud than the original one? Or are you using your original one still? Can you use one person to play multiple instruments?
Also, RB1 shows the individual difficulty in their online store, you know... I don't know why they don't do it in game.
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
trufun202
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by trufun202 »

MarauderIIC wrote:I heard they came out with a new drum kit. Is it less loud than the original one? Or are you using your original one still? Can you use one person to play multiple instruments?
Also, RB1 shows the individual difficulty in their online store, you know... I don't know why they don't do it in game.
Naa, I'm still using the RB1 instruments. I don't think the RB2 instruments come out until November. But yeah, quieter drums would be nice.

I don't understand the question about one person playing multiple instruments. You'd have to be mighty talented. :P I guess singing and playing guitar or drums wouldn't be too crazy if you knew the song well enough. But you'd still have to use multiplayer mode, if that answers your question.
-Chris

Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

I've played with the new Rock Band 2 instruments, they're out. The guitar is quiet as hell. It's also wireless. It's everything you could want, really (provided that you like it more than the GH series guitars). I wasn't really paying attention to the noise level of the drumset, but it does look way more bad as hell.

I'm almost always the singer when I play. I personally think Rock Band 2 probably has the best soundtrack of any music game to date. Duran Duran, Modest Mouse, Mighty MIghty Bosstones (SKA ON ROCK BAND), AFI (when they were good), Billy Idol, and so on.

Also the difficulty is a pretty substantial step up from anything you saw in Rock Band 1. The game starts to seriously kick your ass as a band when you work your way up. I'm glad, because RB1 was a little on the easy side. The menus are also soooooo much better, and it's way easier to navigate your 100+ songs now.
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

I meant, in RB1, any character you create is bound to an instrument. So if you want to sing, and you have a guitar guy, you have to make a new guy.
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
trufun202
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by trufun202 »

MarauderIIC wrote:I meant, in RB1, any character you create is bound to an instrument. So if you want to sing, and you have a guitar guy, you have to make a new guy.
I'll have to check, I only played local multiplayer last night.

UPDATE: Yeah, you can have one character play multiple instruments. It works kinda like multiplayer mode in RB1. First you select your band, then you instrument, then your character, then your song.
-Chris

resatti
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by resatti »

i play LusikkaMages Games,

and GH3
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
PART 1
R: What do you want for breakfast, L?

L: Well, let's see. I want tacos, waffles, and snickerdoodle.

A: Snickerdoodle?

R: Tacos and waffles don't go together, L.

L: I know that, R. A, snickerdoodle is a German cookie.

A: Well, whay didn't you say so, L? My butt just got equiped with a cookie gun!

R and L: Gun?

R: Run, L, A is gonna shoot us with his...

...whatever it is called!!!! Come on, L!

(L gets hit in the back of the head with a cookie and becomes unconsis.)

R: L!?

(Cookies fly everywhere, but R manages to escape)

A: It's going out of control!!!!! I can't stop it! Ohh......

(A explodes with a loud and thunderous BAM POP SLASH!)

The house (which belongs to L) no longer existed. A blew up and left R wondering what happened to A and L. R checked out the scene and saw no trace of A or L. There were many questions to be asked: Where is L and A? Is L and A alive? How did A get a cookie gun in his a**? No one knew the answer.

Countinued...
Spoiler'd. --Mar
Willshire The Mad
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: Some basic flash projects for school
Favorite Gaming Platforms: X-Box 360 for now

Post by Willshire The Mad »

I have been playing the hell out of Spore laitly. I am a whore for anything with a creator angle to the gameplay.
Spork
ultimatedragoon69
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Current Project: Pangea's quest (text ~tile~ based rpg)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, PC, playstation 1, Virtual Boy, Snes
Programming Language of Choice: c++

Post by ultimatedragoon69 »

Currently playing, digimon world 3 for the playstation. Trying to get some ideas as far as combination of creatures.
NeonNinja♦
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by NeonNinja♦ »

I REALLY recommend getting steam. I know you wouldent have time to play it but there is this really good game call Garry's mod. Its a sandbox game, so basically you can do whatever you want! seriously anything..
"Java is C++ without the guns, knives, and clubs" <------- So true.
NeonNinja♦
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by NeonNinja♦ »

Oh and sorry for double post i recommend a FREE EPIC SUPER AWESOME rpg called Shaiya. It's extremely fun, and its online so every player has their own unique armour and weapon and they get constant updates :D

and it's 3d :O!!!
ultimatedragoon69
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Current Project: Pangea's quest (text ~tile~ based rpg)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, PC, playstation 1, Virtual Boy, Snes
Programming Language of Choice: c++

Post by ultimatedragoon69 »

i've played shaiya and honestly i would put that in the same boat as -> rappelz, silkroad, perfect world, requiem, guild wars, final fantasy xi, world of warcraft, and many many more. They do have great aspects to the games, but the grind for every one except for guild wars takes a very very long time. This is my own opinion and doesn't reflect that of any other person but me.
NeonNinja♦
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by NeonNinja♦ »

Shaiya i thought was good at the time, mostly because i didn't have any money :guffaw:
cronjob00
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by cronjob00 »

I have been playing fallout 3