J-Force Games

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

cronjob00
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Re: J-Force Games

Post by cronjob00 »

Well I do think its possible to make money as an indie developer, if you look at successful indies its usually a small team 2 or 3 people, short game cycles 3 to 6 months maybe a year and a unique game. which is what I think there problem is the game does not seem unique if they do finish it I don't think it will be in a decent time frame, and I don't think anyone on there team has enough experience to make a quality game.
Moosader
Game Developer
Game Developer
Current Project: Find out at: http://www.youtube.com/coderrach
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, NES, SNES, PS2, PS1, DS, PSP, X360, WII
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by Moosader »

If I had time, I'd go ahead and start on my XNA secret project. I think the concept is neat and would probably sell just because of the characters.

But, alas, no time.
Arce
Jealous Self-Righteous Prick

Post by Arce »

So this is the topic that sent them over the edge? Ironic, especially since primary discussion was sparked by them.
<qpHalcy0n> decided to paint the office, now i'm high and my hands hurt
cronjob00
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by cronjob00 »

yeah it was his fake username he made to come on here and make people talk about them so they could do a video about it I don't know seems like the did it for the attention but I think it came back to bite them. they already lost like 5 subs and there remaining respect.
Arce

Post by Arce »

I remember the day I decided to be supportive and 5-starred their first video. :lol:

With all honesty, I think they did it as a way to increase their subscriptions and viewers. If we were to accept a 'challenge,' they would then have all of our subscribers watching their videos.

They don't understand that we could care less about money or subscribers. We started this game without support, and would definitely finish it without.
<qpHalcy0n> decided to paint the office, now i'm high and my hands hurt
cronjob00
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by cronjob00 »

yeah I tried to be suportive as I try and support all indie games teams but the have lost my support. Yeah I think you are right that they thought youre subs would sub to them to see the challenge. instead the lost subs
Moosader
Game Developer
Game Developer
Current Project: Find out at: http://www.youtube.com/coderrach
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, NES, SNES, PS2, PS1, DS, PSP, X360, WII
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by Moosader »

They should have just put up a series of programming tutorial videos, then had Falco indirectly call them cheap whores in the latest "how to begin game programming" videos. ;D

That's how I got popular. >.>;
cronjob00
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by cronjob00 »

LusikkaMage wrote:They should have just put up a series of programming tutorial videos, then had Falco indirectly call them cheap whores in the latest "how to begin game programming" videos. ;D

That's how I got popular. >.>;
wait so all I need to do is put up some tutorials and have Falco call me a cheap whore and I will get popular I think I can do the cheap whore thing but I dont know about the tutorials. how about he just calls me a cheap whore and I will be half popular.
amcadam26
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by amcadam26 »

hey! I have youtube games programming tutorials and answer the odd "here's my 50 lines of code, please fix it" type questions.

Does that make me a cheap whore???
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

amcadam26 wrote:hey! I have youtube games programming tutorials and answer the odd "here's my 50 lines of code, please fix it" type questions.

Does that make me a cheap whore???
Yes.

Also, I think it's worth noting that the original topic of this thread was "Spoof of Adventures in Game Development", since it really looked like one d:
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Haha. I actually do actively refer people to amcadam.