Possiblity of source code?

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer, any questions, help, or just talk of any language will be welcomed here.

Moderator: Coders of Rage

K-ROD
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Possiblity of source code?

Post by K-ROD »

Do you think it would be possible for any source code to be available from your game (Elysian Shadows)? I know I'm being a bit nosy, but my curiosity cannot be withheld. I'm curious to see a sample your code and perhaps learn what methods and style you guys use to program your engine, editors, etc. I know the videos on YouTube should be enough but it never hurts to ask.

Thanks guys! Your dev team rocks!
NeonNinja♦
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Re: Possiblity of source code?

Post by NeonNinja♦ »

Your not the only noisy one... :lol:

They wouldn't release it now.. i think. Well it all depends on them. Good luck Dev-Team :D
"Java is C++ without the guns, knives, and clubs" <------- So true.
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

Not anytime soon, no. You might see bits here and there if we help someone out with something, but the source as a whole currently has no plans for release.
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
Arce
Jealous Self-Righteous Prick
Jealous Self-Righteous Prick

Post by Arce »

Hopefully the news section will serve as a new area to post segments of code worth mentioning.

And no worries, you're not the first person to ask...I'm sorry, but I simply could not take somebody having finished our engine before us...And I'm not entirely sure if we will when it's done. =/

However, that's all subject of discussion at a later time. Until then, we'll try to contribute to the educational side of programming as much as possible. ;P

Also, note that I speak for myself and not the entire team.
<qpHalcy0n> decided to paint the office, now i'm high and my hands hurt