What should I do tonight?

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

Should I dev tonight or play Fallout 3?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:41 pm

Dev
67%
Fallout 3
33%

Total votes: 12

Trask
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: Building a 2D Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Sega Genesis and Xbox 360
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

What should I do tonight?

Post by Trask »

Decisions, decisions...
MarauderIIC wrote:You know those people that are like "CHECK IT OUT I just made Linux run on this piece of celery [or other random object]!!"? Yeah, that's Falco, but with ES.
Dear god, they actually ported ES to a piece of celery!
Martin Golding wrote: "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Re: What should I do tonight?

Post by Falco Girgis »

Oh, god, I can't decide. If I dev, then I think you should dev. If I go out and be social for once, I think you should do Fallout... I'll have to vote after I figure out my own plans!
Trask
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by Trask »

Lol, ok, I will wait for your lead. :lol:
MarauderIIC wrote:You know those people that are like "CHECK IT OUT I just made Linux run on this piece of celery [or other random object]!!"? Yeah, that's Falco, but with ES.
Martin Golding wrote: "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
cypher1554R
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by cypher1554R »

Gah.. now that I see this game, I'm not sure which console to get.. PS3 or XBOX..

I want to play Metal Gear 4 real bad, but Fallout 3 is said to be exclusively for XBOX.. FU*K!

I can see the outcome of this.. I'm not gonna get either cause of my indecision.
trufun202
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by trufun202 »

Devving has my vote.

Mostly because all of my friends try to get me to play WoW and Warhammer, but I resist because that would only cut into my dev time.

Then again, it's Friday, and it's Halloween, do whatcha feel!
-Chris

YouTube | Twitter | Rad Raygun

“REAL ARTISTS SHIP” - Steve Jobs
Trask
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by Trask »

GyroVorbis wrote:Yeah, I'm so sick of my "friends" trying to get me to play World of Warcraft. My room mate does absolutely nothing but come home from work and sit on his ass all day and night on WoW. He doesn't socialize, he doesn't get to see vaginas, he just sits there in his room wasting his life away on WoW. It's really sad if you ask me. He has been playing that game for going on 4 years. Every time he gets his character to 70, he starts over and gets another one to 70. There's absolutely no stopping him.

I refuse to become that.
Oh let me tell you a story: I had this friend when I first went to college for my Associate's and he and I were definitely top of any programming class, we'd do every project together, work together on everything and we were on the same level the whole way through... that is until he got WoW. You see, our small school decided to give every student a laptop for our classes and what not, but they were ours to keep as well. Well, as soon as he got WoW, he would play it throughout every class, come late to classes, I'd get IMs about him not starting his homework, asking for help again and again. We don't talk much nowadays, he kept to his elf self and I went on to you know... get a job, fiancee, go to back to school for my bachelor's.

Cypher - I'd get the 360, games usually come out sooner than the PS3 version, less bugs, more developers, etc... It's definitely one of my favorite consoles. MGS4 is a great game, and we got a PS3(layaway) just to play it and it was great... but it will be coming out for the 360, trust me. And I think Fallout is for both the PS3 and 360, I'm playing it on the PC myself.
Trask
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by Trask »

Yeah, my "friend" and I were going to work on getting started in game development together, that went to shit. Looking back, I guess that's why it took me so long to get started with it, because I almost had a group of reasonable people that wanted to work on this together, we all parted though. Kind of discouraging. I think I'm the only one still trying to be a game developer from that group.
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

The voting's neck and neck!
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
Trask
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by Trask »

I know! How is one suppose to make up their mind? I'm still waiting for Falco to tell me what to do as he laid out in the first response.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Stay home and dev. That's what I'm doing.
jesterguy
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by jesterguy »

dev the night away.
I will live forever or die trying.

"Human beings didn't evolve brains in order to lie around on lakes. Killing's the first thing we learned. And a good thing we did, or we'd be dead, and the tigers would own the earth."
- Valentine to Ender ("Ender's Game")
Trask
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by Trask »

Yeah, I think that sounds good. I don't think I'm in the mood for a billion different quests to remember.
trufun202
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by trufun202 »

I did the Halloween social thing last weekend.

The trick or treaters are gone, and I've got a beer at my side. Let the devving begin!
-Chris

YouTube | Twitter | Rad Raygun

“REAL ARTISTS SHIP” - Steve Jobs
cronjob00
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by cronjob00 »

I am glad I am not the only one being anti social and staying home to dev
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer