What are you playing?

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

programmerinprogress
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee
Current Project: some crazy stuff, i'll tell soon :-)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++!

Re: What are you playing?

Post by programmerinprogress »

Willshire The Mad wrote:I have been playing the hell out of Spore laitly. I am a whore for anything with a creator angle to the gameplay.

SPORE was the last game I bought.

I played it for a good few weeks, and it was fun at first.

I really liked the creature phase the most, I felt the civ phase lacked complexity, and the space phase was really fun, but gets repetitive, unless you're looking for new items to upgrade your ship constantly ( which is what you should be doing I guess :P)

I haven't played that many games lately, i've been given a tonne of work to do, so gaming hasn't really been on my agenda at the moment, but when I do play, I like strategy games, i'm always playing empire earth 2 and more recently, Rise of Nations (which I got for £5, bargain! :D)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think I can program pretty well, it's my compiler that needs convincing!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And now a joke to lighten to mood :D

I wander what programming language anakin skywalker used to program C3-PO's AI back on tatooine? my guess is Jawa :P
ChrissyJ91
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS1/2
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

Post by ChrissyJ91 »

I've mostly been playing Resident Evil Outbreak and Silent Hill Origins though I haven't had much time to play games recently because I have so much work to do. I hate A-levels!
Cblyakov
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by Cblyakov »

I've been playing Half-Life 2: Deathmatch a hell lot lately, running four servers and a very successful clan! xD

On the other hand the DRM in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky locked me out of playing that, so ive been playing the first.
Orgodemirk
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Orgodemirk »

Currently Playing: Rock Band 2
various DS or GameBoy games on the bus to tech school.
I started playing Dragon Quest Monsters 2 again. Using Super fast mode, I'm about 6 hours into it after one school day.
A glitch?
Trask
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: Building a 2D Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Sega Genesis and Xbox 360

Post by Trask »

Currently Playing: Silent Hill Homecoming; Fallout 3; Madden 09; Deadspace
MarauderIIC wrote:You know those people that are like "CHECK IT OUT I just made Linux run on this piece of celery [or other random object]!!"? Yeah, that's Falco, but with ES.
Dear god, they actually ported ES to a piece of celery!
Martin Golding wrote: "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Arce
Jealous Self-Righteous Prick
Jealous Self-Righteous Prick

Post by Arce »

I just got done playing...Mortal Kombat, n64. haha.
<qpHalcy0n> decided to paint the office, now i'm high and my hands hurt
Ciidian
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by Ciidian »

Currently playing Fable II and Zelda: Link To The Past, cause its my favorite game ever.
ver.min
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by ver.min »

been playing Dead Space, Fallout 3, World of Goo. Also started chrono trigger again last night... god that game is sweet
Kcirtap1990
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by Kcirtap1990 »

Playing Megaman Battle Network. Kind of early in the game to tell, but I don't think I really like it.
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

I'm play Megaman Soccer & Rockman and Forte (The original Japanese SNES version downloaded on my DS FireCard). It's pretty much the same as the GameBoy Advance version other than the fact that the SNES version is in Japanese.
Trask
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: Building a 2D Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Sega Genesis and Xbox 360

Post by Trask »

Last night I buzzed through the Left 4 Dead demo on Steam, badass as expected. I was worried that this was being over hyped(if only in my head), but I have no reserves with jumping for joy at this game. I only did the single player run through, I should get online and go through again tonight. If you were hesitant about this game, stop and go pre-order and rip through the demo. You'll be glad that you did.
MarauderIIC wrote:You know those people that are like "CHECK IT OUT I just made Linux run on this piece of celery [or other random object]!!"? Yeah, that's Falco, but with ES.
Dear god, they actually ported ES to a piece of celery!
Martin Golding wrote: "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

Fallout Fucking 3

It rocks so hard.
There is no signature.
bulls.bears2011
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by bulls.bears2011 »

I am playing a game I just recently re-bought. A classic. The one and only LEGEND OF ZELDA: OCARINA OF TIME for the Nintnendo 64!!!!
Moosader
Game Developer
Game Developer
Current Project: Find out at: http://www.youtube.com/coderrach
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, NES, SNES, PS2, PS1, DS, PSP, X360, WII
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by Moosader »

My experience with N64 is sadly lacking :(

I was playing Kameo, but the bosses are too damn frustrating. Some have physics glitches, some are physics puzzles and the physics aren't tuned enough, some are just really damn stupid.

One of the first frustrating bosses, you had to morph into the roley creature, charge into a spherical bomb thing and have it hit the boss. Problem is, were you just a bit off center it'd go flying the other direction. You also weren't really given adequate "boss-isn't-attacking" time to line up your shots.

Second boss that sucks is, at the final form, you had to knock their giant eyeball off the cliff. For some reason as it neared the cliff it'd end up just jumping over me instead, and the first time I had actually knocked it off it managed to gravitate itself back onto the platform and into the boss so I had to do that whole pattern thing again.

Third boss you throw exploding bugs on, then have to detonate them. Problem is the boss doesn't have enough "boss-isn't-attacking" time, either, and he never stops moving around. He's also like three times your size so the bugs are kind of far up, small, and hard to hit.

Besides the bosses, the game's been pretty easy and fun, but AGH. CAN'T STAND IT.
You'd figure that Rare would know how to make a platformer by now (er, then).

I was also playing Daxter for PSP, which I bought for $10 at a pawn shop. The disk looked pretty pristine, but every so often the PSP menu will pop up asking if I want to quit the game, so I guess I may not be playing 'em. :/
bulls.bears2011
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by bulls.bears2011 »

I'm still playing Ocarina of Time for the N64, but now I am also playing Super Mario World for the SNES!