Woah, Prinston is sneaky

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Woah, Prinston is sneaky

Post by avansc »

Okay, so first let me make it clear that i have no political affiliation and dont support either of party, they are all just a bunch of liars.
that said.

So i try and keep up with politics, feel its a civic duty i guess. well i read an article that Princeton was keeping Mechelle Obama' graduate thesis paper on lock down till after the general election. well obviously this made bells ringing, then today i went and read it. its pretty provocative. im not gonna go into cause some might not wanna know. but if you wanna be informed go read it, its quite lengthy, but interesting to say the least.
Some person, "I have a black belt in karate"
Dad, "Yea well I have a fan belt in street fighting"
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Re: Woah, Prinston is sneaky

Post by Falco Girgis »

Can you post a link to where its located?
avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by avansc »

Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Heh, I read it. I disagree with Michelle Obama. Even her statistics disagree with her. She owned herself at the end.

So basically, she bitches that Princeton is too white for her. She sets off to prove that while the blacks at Princeton are constantly in a very "white" environment, they still graduate with a strong sense of being a member of the "black" community. Her data did not support this hypothesis.

Perhaps because Princeton isn't that white. It's really stupid when you think about it. Of course there are going to be more white people there than where she came from. There are more white people in the US as a whole. She is segregating people in her mind. It's obvious that the other students didn't feel like they were in a white community.

I believe that this whole white/black community thing is stupid. If we are going to be a truly equal nation, then people need to stop fucking trying to associate with communities of different colors.

I find irony in the fact that Michelle clings to racial equality, but her thesis was trying to achieve the opposite. It seems almost too childish to be a thesis for such a prestigious school.
avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by avansc »

GyroVorbis wrote:Heh, I read it. I disagree with Michelle Obama. Even her statistics disagree with her. She owned herself at the end.

So basically, she bitches that Princeton is too white for her. She sets off to prove that while the blacks at Princeton are constantly in a very "white" environment, they still graduate with a strong sense of being a member of the "black" community. Her data did not support this hypothesis.

Perhaps because Princeton isn't that white. It's really stupid when you think about it. Of course there are going to be more white people there than where she came from. There are more white people in the US as a whole. She is segregating people in her mind. It's obvious that the other students didn't feel like they were in a white community.

I believe that this whole white/black community thing is stupid. If we are going to be a truly equal nation, then people need to stop fucking trying to associate with communities of different colors.

I find irony in the fact that Michelle clings to racial equality, but her thesis was trying to achieve the opposite. It seems almost too childish to be a thesis for such a prestigious school.
she also infers that its white peoples fault and white institutions like Princeton fault that educated blacks look down on urban blacks.
another thing i find very funny is that Obama is more white than black, by quite alot. his mother was completely white. so he is 50% white, then he is muslim about 43.5 and black only 6.5. yet he runs as a black. (note: he got financial aid from harvard for being african american, by law you have to be 12.5 percent black to recieve it lawfully)

anyways, im glad he is president, because i want to see him weasel out of all those empty promises he made, and then want to watch him blame the republicans for it. oh and now that a "black" man has finally ascended to the highest rank in the united states, maybe slavery can finally be put behind us. and affirmative action and black empowerment and all that racist shit. now its time for american empowerment.
avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by avansc »

GyroVorbis wrote:
i totally agree, but if the school had said this is shit, go do something worth while. they would have been labeled as racist, so they just let it slide. i think its pathetic from them that they didnt release it when the public asked.

ps: its kinda funny how history repeats it self. in africa there are alot of voter intimidations, especially in west african societies. now in this day and age in the USA, the black panthers did it in some state. kinda pathetic.

http://www.stoptheaclu.com/archives/200 ... the-polls/
Kleithap
ES Web Developer
ES Web Developer

Post by Kleithap »

avansc wrote:ps: its kinda funny how history repeats it self. in africa there are alot of voter intimidations, especially in west african societies. now in this day and age in the USA, the black panthers did it in some state. kinda pathetic.
Yes, that is pathetic, although it's definitely not just the black panthers that are doing it.

Edit: I just actually watched the video and it doesn't seem as serious to me now. I also haven't seen any evidence that the Black Panthers as an organization is organizing it's members to intimidate people.

Edit 2:
another thing i find very funny is that Obama is more white than black, by quite alot. his mother was completely white. so he is 50% white, then he is muslim about 43.5 and black only 6.5. yet he runs as a black. (note: he got financial aid from harvard for being african american, by law you have to be 12.5 percent black to recieve it lawfully)
Not that it matters but wtf?! Have you ever seen his father? You can't tell me that's not a black dude.
Kcirtap1990
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by Kcirtap1990 »

avansc wrote:another thing i find very funny is that Obama is more white than black, by quite alot. his mother was completely white. so he is 50% white, then he is muslim about 43.5 and black only 6.5. yet he runs as a black. (note: he got financial aid from harvard for being african american, by law you have to be 12.5 percent black to recieve it lawfully)
You do realize Muslim isn't a race, right? And his father is full-Kenyan. In other words, saying he is 6.5% black is wrong.
avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by avansc »

Kcirtap1990 wrote:
avansc wrote:another thing i find very funny is that Obama is more white than black, by quite alot. his mother was completely white. so he is 50% white, then he is muslim about 43.5 and black only 6.5. yet he runs as a black. (note: he got financial aid from harvard for being african american, by law you have to be 12.5 percent black to recieve it lawfully)
You do realize Muslim isn't a race, right? And his father is full-Kenyan. In other words, saying he is 6.5% black is wrong.
sorry, i mean to say Arabic, i got confused, because he went to a muslim school. and the majority of arabs are muslims, so a little mistake on my end.
i dont care whether he is white or black or blue, im just stating something. it was just a interesting point. and his father is not 100% kenyan. his dad is a mix between arab and black. anyways, i dont care what color he is. i just find it interesting that he more white than black, but choose to run on black. which i personally think is politically briliant choice. gets the black vote, gets the liberal vote, and gets the sympathetic vote. i dont fault him.

i come from a country where i was a minority(1 to 14) and can associate with him, i guess, some what. please dont mistake what i said as being racist.

as for the comment on the black panthers things. yeah they were visually obstructing people, but think of it this way, so here comes an old couple, and 2 black guys are swinging billy clubs. they might get scared and just go home. and who else but the black panthers are doing this?
Kcirtap1990
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by Kcirtap1990 »

avansc wrote:
Kcirtap1990 wrote:
sorry, i mean to say Arabic, i got confused, because he went to a muslim school. and the majority of arabs are muslims, so a little mistake on my end.
i dont care whether he is white or black or blue, im just stating something. it was just a interesting point. and his father is not 100% kenyan. his dad is a mix between arab and black. anyways, i dont care what color he is. i just find it interesting that he more white than black, but choose to run on black. which i personally think is politically briliant choice. gets the black vote, gets the liberal vote, and gets the sympathetic vote. i dont fault him.

i come from a country where i was a minority(1 to 14) and can associate with him, i guess, some what. please dont mistake what i said as being racist.

as for the comment on the black panthers things. yeah they were visually obstructing people, but think of it this way, so here comes an old couple, and 2 black guys are swinging billy clubs. they might get scared and just go home. and who else but the black panthers are doing this?
I hate to sound like a dick, but where did you hear Barack Obama Sr. was mostly Arab? I searched for a bit and could find zero evidence on this. The closest thing I could find is that he is a Kenyan Muslim.
avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by avansc »

Kcirtap1990 wrote:
avansc wrote:
Kcirtap1990 wrote:

you realize that kenyan does not mean he hasto be black. do you geographically know where kenya is? i'll find some resources. i cant remember where i found it but i'll get it to you as soon as i do. (also note that i dont really care what he is, aslong as he govern well he could be a gay greek ninja for all i care)

I hate to sound like a dick, but where did you hear Barack Obama Sr. was mostly Arab? I searched for a bit and could find zero evidence on this. The closest thing I could find is that he is a Kenyan Muslim.
Kcirtap1990
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by Kcirtap1990 »

avansc wrote:
Kcirtap1990 wrote:
avansc wrote:
Kcirtap1990 wrote:

you realize that kenyan does not mean he hasto be black. do you geographically know where kenya is? i'll find some resources. i cant remember where i found it but i'll get it to you as soon as i do. (also note that i dont really care what he is, aslong as he govern well he could be a gay greek ninja for all i care)

Yes, I do know where Kenya is. And I do know being a Kenyan does not mean your black. Just like there are black French. I am just saying, from what I can gather Barack Obama is not an Arab, at least not 50%+ like you claim.