The ultimate gaming mouse.

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

unholysavagery
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

The ultimate gaming mouse.

Post by unholysavagery »

OK so I've had this idea for a mouse with a small joystick where your thumb is so you can move your character around without need of the keyboard but I can't seem to find one like that. Anyone seen something like this?

I thought of it because I'm a hardcore PC gamer and I find the mouse to be a superior controller other then the lack of joystick for walking for more precise control over your movements. Such as walking, running or driving a car. Anyone who has played Crysis or Far Cry 2 for PC would know what I'm talking about.
This is the internet, men are men, women are men and children are the FBI.
Trask
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: Building a 2D Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Sega Genesis and Xbox 360
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

Re: The ultimate gaming mouse.

Post by Trask »

http://benheck.com/03-16-2008/new-singl ... controller < Is the only thing that I know that closely resembles that. Otherwise, I stick with my trackball as my weapon of choice.
MarauderIIC wrote:You know those people that are like "CHECK IT OUT I just made Linux run on this piece of celery [or other random object]!!"? Yeah, that's Falco, but with ES.
Dear god, they actually ported ES to a piece of celery!
Martin Golding wrote: "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
unholysavagery
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Re: The ultimate gaming mouse.

Post by unholysavagery »

Trask wrote:http://benheck.com/03-16-2008/new-singl ... controller < Is the only thing that I know that closely resembles that. Otherwise, I stick with my trackball as my weapon of choice.
Not quite what I was thinking, I want a normal mouse with a joystick kinda like that on the side. Or what would be better is a normal mouse with a track ball that returns to center.
This is the internet, men are men, women are men and children are the FBI.