Adventures in Game Development

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

Arce
Jealous Self-Righteous Prick

Re: Adventures in Game Development

Post by Arce »

We're looking for a full-time team member...Not small dedications here and there, as much as we appreciate the offer.

If you're interested, let us know by joining the interviewees user group and submitting your resume. All art related discussion can take place there, or in the global "Art Position Open" thread. ;p
<qpHalcy0n> decided to paint the office, now i'm high and my hands hurt
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

Arce wrote:We're looking for a full-time team member...Not small dedications here and there, as much as we appreciate the offer.

If you're interested, let us know by joining the interviewees user group and submitting your resume. All art related discussion can take place there, or in the global "Art Position Open" thread. ;p
No I want to be part of the team I just want to know what you're looking for to see if I have what you need :mrgreen:
OrinCreed
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by OrinCreed »

That was wicked. :) Congrats to Marcel on the science fair and you guys getting the new camera. It's a shame the artists are still flaking on you but It's still good to see something new. Oh yeah, full marks for going through with that bet. I'm not sure I would have had the guts to do that.
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

OrinCreed wrote:That was wicked. :) Congrats to Marcel on the science fair and you guys getting the new camera. It's a shame the artists are still flaking on you but It's still good to see something new. Oh yeah, full marks for going through with that bet. I'm not sure I would have had the guts to do that.
I would! I've never been too shy, well I was but not anymore... Well anyways nice chapter guys! I like when you're talking about the failure and marcel looks at peter and goes "Wrong failure..." I cracked up when I found you were talking about Gyro!
Arce

Post by Arce »

eatcomics wrote:
OrinCreed wrote:That was wicked. :) Congrats to Marcel on the science fair and you guys getting the new camera. It's a shame the artists are still flaking on you but It's still good to see something new. Oh yeah, full marks for going through with that bet. I'm not sure I would have had the guts to do that.
I would! I've never been too shy, well I was but not anymore... Well anyways nice chapter guys! I like when you're talking about the failure and marcel looks at peter and goes "Wrong failure..." I cracked up when I found you were talking about Gyro!
Haha, didn't think anybody would catch that one. ;p

Tbh, these vids were pretty much all Gyro's doing. My finals clips weren't even added! =(
<qpHalcy0n> decided to paint the office, now i'm high and my hands hurt
Ewan
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by Ewan »

Arce wrote:
eatcomics wrote:
Haha, didn't think anybody would catch that one. ;p

Tbh, these vids were pretty much all Gyro's doing. My finals clips weren't even added! =(
I think you should make your own channel for all of your stuff, then post lots of videos of Falco making a fool of himself :mrgreen:
They pull out the truncheon, that's when the trouble starts.

'Cause when you've got a badge, the laws don't apply.
Maevik
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: www.keedepictions.com/Pewpew/
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by Maevik »

Marcel is the fucking man!

...that is all
My love is like a Haddoken, it's downright fierce!
OrinCreed
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by OrinCreed »

Image BACK TO WORK LOWLY ART DOGS!! Seriously though I'd like to see some of the original art for this game soon. :)
Trask
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: Building a 2D Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Sega Genesis and Xbox 360
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

Post by Trask »

I do love seeing the progression of Marcel in these videos, I mean you watch the first 10 and the editor is dragging behind everything and Marcel's work is the butt of all jokes(ok, it still is...but still), now he's winning nice ass awards and impressing people everywhere and the editor is definitely the most impressive editor that I've seen and it's developed in 'BASIC' which so many people are so quick to rub off as a piss poor language nowadays, but again, when you actually use your brain, you can do great things with whatever you are using. So PROPS to Marcel, great work!

Oh... Falco... keep you pixelated ass away from my girl... she thinks you're hot. No more Adventures in Game Development for her. :nono:

:D
MarauderIIC wrote:You know those people that are like "CHECK IT OUT I just made Linux run on this piece of celery [or other random object]!!"? Yeah, that's Falco, but with ES.
Dear god, they actually ported ES to a piece of celery!
Martin Golding wrote: "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

Trask wrote:it's developed in 'BASIC'
Written in BlitzBasic, I havn't heard too much that's bad about blitz... actually Blitzplus is the full version... But yes people don't like basic, and the project would have been much easier if it were done in sdl! It is most certainly no easy task! Good work Arce ;)
Trask
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: Building a 2D Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Sega Genesis and Xbox 360
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

Post by Trask »

I knew it was in Blitz Basic... I was just generalizing. :p
MarauderIIC wrote:You know those people that are like "CHECK IT OUT I just made Linux run on this piece of celery [or other random object]!!"? Yeah, that's Falco, but with ES.
Dear god, they actually ported ES to a piece of celery!
Martin Golding wrote: "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

Trask wrote:I knew it was in Blitz Basic... I was just generalizing. :p
ahh, well I just wanted to point out that I havn't heard too much criticism of blitz ;) it's easy to learn the syntax, is good for a quick project or for theory testing, and a good way to learn the theory behind actuall game programming... although it is kinda slow, lacking in power, and very messy to look at... anyways just thought I would throw that out there :lol:
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

I have uploaded a plethora of new pictures to the album system. Some of them were old, and from the site before the update, but a bunch are new and never-before-seen.

Including the prototype "JForce Gay Bar" level. ;)
Maevik
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: www.keedepictions.com/Pewpew/
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC

Post by Maevik »

"Asymptotes of Dipshittery"

I lol'd, funny stuff!
My love is like a Haddoken, it's downright fierce!
newbie1234
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: I'm currently making my own GUI
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Err... Linux?

Post by newbie1234 »

http://elysianshadows.com/project/team

What happened to Marcel? Did he quit? :roll: