flash

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

mrmichaelam
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

flash

Post by mrmichaelam »

hey everybody! when i saw the es dev videos i had to come over too the forums and since i couldnt find a introduce yourself forum...
im mrmichaelam or michael as my real name is ive been using flash for about 6 months now ive been creating flash animations that where 3 mins in length to some that where 30 mins but i usually use flash for... gamedev :nono: yeah i know but i think it is very fun ive tried c# wasnt very fun plus i think actionscript is way easier to learn and use anyways i am currently devving a game thats about 12% done the game is going to feature a 2h story mode and vs mode against cpu and offline agaist another person but cuz of my retarded com no screen recording programs work :x but ill soon get new com :) then ill post some pics but anyways i really just wanted to ask is it possible to get a flash game on xbox live you know with xna and all that?
Last edited by mrmichaelam on Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
programmerinprogress
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee
Current Project: some crazy stuff, i'll tell soon :-)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++!

Re: flash

Post by programmerinprogress »

mrmichaelam wrote:hey everybody! when i saw the es dev videos i had to come over too the forums and since i couldnt find a introduce yourself forum...
im mrmichaelam or michael as my real name is ive been using flash for about 6 months now ive been creating flash animations that where 3 mins in length to some that where 30 mins i but the thing i use flash mostly for is game devving... :nono: yeah i know but i think it is very fun ive tried c# wasnt very fun plus i think actionscript is way easier! anyways i am currently devving a game thats about 12% done the game is going to feature a 2h story mode and vs mode against cpu and offline agaist another person but cuz of my retarded com no screen recording programs work :x but ill soon get new com :) then ill post some pics but anyways i really just wanted to ask is it possible to get a flash game on xbox live you know with xna and all that?
It is impossible to get a flash game onto Xbox live, you need to develop the application in C# using the XNA framework, also hello and welcome to the forums, you can introduce yourself here: http://elysianshadows.com/phpBB3/viewto ... art=999999
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think I can program pretty well, it's my compiler that needs convincing!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And now a joke to lighten to mood :D

I wander what programming language anakin skywalker used to program C3-PO's AI back on tatooine? my guess is Jawa :P
mrmichaelam
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by mrmichaelam »

you need to develop the application in C#
...... wouldnt you rather come over and cut my dick off i would gladly pay for the plain ticket
programmerinprogress
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Hey, i'm just the messenger, also I program in C++ :lol:

I wander what programming language anakin skywalker used to program C3-PO's AI back on tatooine? my guess is Jawa :P
mrmichaelam
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by mrmichaelam »

yeah i know c++ is the most powerfull lang in the entire universe!!!!! but even if i wanted too i dont think i would like devving in c++ since i like drawing and thats one of the main reason why i choose flash plus you can also create cartoons and entire websites with flash creating webapps and sites with flash is a good way to earn quick money :)
programmerinprogress
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

mrmichaelam wrote:yeah i know c++ is the most powerfull lang in the entire universe!!!!! but even if i wanted too i dont think i would like devving in c++ since i like drawing and thats one of the main reason why i choose flash plus you can also create cartoons and entire websites with flash creating webapps and sites with flash is a good way to earn quick money :)
In Java you can make web apps and embed them into websites...

Also, you still need to draw the graphics in any applications you create, in any language. I assume you mean "you prefer the art side of things, and don't want to program, as much as you want to create art anyway"

That's fair enough, because I'm the complete opposite, I prefer the programming side to the art, and i'm not currently in it for the money as you put it, that's going to come later, when I have something worthy of money to show :lol:

mrmichaelam
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by mrmichaelam »

yeah its all about what you like more the programming or the art also many people are amazed at the amount of money you can earn by creating a website i can earn about 400 bucks in 1.5weeks but that happens rarely i usually only get around 100 but thats still alot considert that i am only 13 :shock2:
mrmichaelam
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by mrmichaelam »

plus you can also make pretty good games in flash like dragonfable mechquest etc. and those games are also pretty known
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

Question... How do you get clients???? I would love to make websites for cash! But i'm not sure how to get my foot in the door :)
LeonBlade
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Current Project: Trying to make my first engine in C++ using OGL
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by LeonBlade »

Find some freelance websites like http://www.getafreelancer.com or http://www.scriptlance.com.
There's no place like ~/
mrmichaelam
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by mrmichaelam »

well i have banners on a lot of sites using adsense. a person just emails me saying he wants a site then he tells me how he want it to be sometimes they send me some art they want me too use and when im done i get about 100$
LeonBlade
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Current Project: Trying to make my first engine in C++ using OGL
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by LeonBlade »

Nice, I just stick with freelance sites, that way I don't gotta pay for ad space lol.
There's no place like ~/
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

hmmm, never thought of that :)
gordon
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by gordon »

Also try approaching local businesses. A shop opened in the town where I live and I noticed they have a basic website (just background colour and text) and asked if they wanted to hire me to design and implement a better site, they agreed and in 2 weeks (maximum) I should be roughly £200 better off.