No need for an account to play my game!

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

No need for an account to play my game!

Post by dandymcgee »

This screenshot was not edited in any way. I managed to allow the user to play my game without even logging in! :lol:
Talk about forceful limitations.. and they thought they were gonna play solitaire.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
fingerfry
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Xbox 360, PC, Gameboy Advance SP

Re: No need for an account to play my game!

Post by fingerfry »

Thats super SICK!!! I like how it is labeled "Lua Script Game" :D
Bludklok
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: EnigmaCore
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, N64, Playstation1, Playstation2
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by Bludklok »

Are you sure your not pullin' our legs? I didn't even know you could take screenshots at the log-in screen... :shock:

EDIT: Nevermind... Seems you CAN take screens at the log in screen. But which log in screen did you take the screenshot in? The "Switch User" or the first screen when you boot up your computer.
Youtube
Website
Current project: Enigma Core
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

fingerfry wrote:Thats super SICK!!! I like how it is labeled "Lua Script Game" :D
Lol, I thought so. The project has been under development on and off since January and now that I'm in college I doubt it will ever get much farther, but it was originally a simple application to play with lua scripts and I haven't had much reason to rename it. 8-)
Bludklok wrote:Are you sure your not pullin' our legs? I didn't even know you could take screenshots at the log-in screen... :shock:

EDIT: Nevermind... Seems you CAN take screens at the log in screen. But which log in screen did you take the screenshot in? The "Switch User" or the first screen when you boot up your computer.
The welcome screen is essentially just a full screen program with a little extra security :P. Windows is still running in the background and it's not all that difficult to run whatever program you want without logging in, although generally motives for doing so are different from mine.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
gordon
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by gordon »

dandymcgee wrote:
fingerfry wrote:Thats super SICK!!! I like how it is labeled "Lua Script Game" :D
Lol, I thought so. The project has been under development on and off since January and now that I'm in college I doubt it will ever get much farther, but it was originally a simple application to play with lua scripts and I haven't had much reason to rename it. 8-)
Bludklok wrote:Are you sure your not pullin' our legs? I didn't even know you could take screenshots at the log-in screen... :shock:

The welcome screen is essentially just a full screen program with a little extra security :P. Windows is still running in the background and it's not all that difficult to run whatever program you want without logging in, although generally motives for doing so are different from mine.
Yeah for example, (on vista at least) if you boot into another operating system, say a linux distribution and then replace one of their accessibility programs with cmd.exe (keeping the name) then when you press the keyboard shortcut in the login screen that normally brings up said accessibility program you can get a console window and run programs...