Post every time you beat a game.

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

K-Bal
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Re: Post every time you beat a game.

Post by K-Bal »

GyroVorbis wrote:Kendall and I just beat Ocarina of Time and Little Big Planet.
For me OoT is the masterpiece of games. Also "A link to the past" is just plain awesome ;) Never played Little Big Planet though. Good game?
hurstshifter
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Favorite Gaming Platforms: SNES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by hurstshifter »

K-Bal wrote:
GyroVorbis wrote:Kendall and I just beat Ocarina of Time and Little Big Planet.
For me OoT is the masterpiece of games. Also "A link to the past" is just plain awesome ;) Never played Little Big Planet though. Good game?

My girlfriend and I also went through OoT about a month ago. I have a hard time admitting that I like OoT better than ALTTP just because I am such an SNES fanboy and it was my favorite game for so many years. But, it is undenyable that OoT is just flat out a perfect game.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
http://www.thenerdnight.com
AerisAndMe
ES Software Engineer
ES Software Engineer
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, SNES, PS3

Post by AerisAndMe »

Yeah, LBP is a fun game, especially if you've got two people to play it. It's pretty short, I mean, short enough to be beaten in a days time probably. There are secrets that require three or four players to unlock, but most of the secrets can be found individually or with one other SackBoy.

I loved dressing up my SackBoys. My favorite combo of gear was: ninja hat (I also liked the cork hat though), boots, fairy wings, and mini sack puppet to carry around. So cute!!!!

The storyline is fun and weird and I'm pretty sure the engine uses an award winning physics system. Seriously, the physics in that game are incredible. And not to mention the level editor! You can use it to build levels of your own, and anything you see or hear or experience within the story line levels is build-able with the level editor -- nothing in the story levels is hardcoded and the editor is just that robust. You can play levels that other people have created too if you think the games ends too fast (which it does) and there's a trillion billion of them out there, some are really amazing.

Basically the game play consists of jumping around, grabbing onto stuff, crazy inventions like bouncing cars and revolving death-traps, collecting point bubbles, new outfits, new materials, and items to use in the level editor, and good old fashioned innovation and fun.

Okay, that's my pitch, I'm done. Check it out tho!
trufun202
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by trufun202 »

Modern Warfare 2. Beat it this morning about 4:30AM, while the baby was napping! :P

Yes, you've probably heard me rant about COD and my absolutely hatred for Activision, but I got MW2 as a gift for Christmas. I have to admit, its pretty damned impressive. At it's core, the game is pretty simple - follow this person and shoot people - OR - run to this point and shoot people. But, each mission has a nice variety of visuals and some pretty slick, interactive cutscenes. I was impressed. I guess I'll give the COD fanboys a break on this one. ;)
-Chris

YouTube | Twitter | Rad Raygun

“REAL ARTISTS SHIP” - Steve Jobs
ChrissyJ91
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS1/2
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

Post by ChrissyJ91 »

Beat it this morning about 4:30AM, while the baby was napping! :P

Yes, you've probably heard me rant about COD and my absolutely hatred for Activision, but I got MW2 as a gift for Christmas. I have to admit, its pretty damned impressive. At it's core, the game is pretty simple - follow this person and shoot people - OR - run to this point and shoot people. But, each mission has a nice variety of visuals and some pretty slick, interactive cutscenes. I was impressed. I guess I'll give the COD fanboys a break on this one. ;)
I beat it today as well and I thought it was awesome. I enjoyed the new gameplay mechanics and thought it was cool that Infinity Ward were able to get in all of these different environments into one game. I thought COD2 was varied but MW2 has a tonne of different environments; shanty towns, space (admittedly only for 30 secs but still cool nevertheless) modern day trench warfare etc. The game was highly cinematic and while I agree with my classmates that the story wasn't really all that the actual gameplay was great and was a good step up from previous games in the series. I love COD but I agree that Activision now sucks.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES

Post by Falco Girgis »

Kendall and I just beat the New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Very fun game. I wish that they had brought a few more things back (capes, raccoon suits), but it already surpassed my expectations. The ice flower is actually pretty cool. I thought the helicopter hat was dumb and gimmicky... Oh, Yoshi is back (but only on a few levels).

WARNING, though. The game becomes virtually unplayable after more than two players. Because you spend half your time bouncing into each other just to kill your allies or fuck them up during intense platforming portions. I want to murder the cock who thought it was a good idea to have player on player interraction--because it absolutely kills the game with 3 and 4 players.
Innerscope
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Gridbug
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, SNES
Programming Language of Choice: Obj-C, C++

Post by Innerscope »

GyroVorbis wrote:WARNING, though. The game becomes virtually unplayable after more than two players. Because you spend half your time bouncing into each other just to kill your allies or fuck them up during intense platforming portions. I want to murder the cock who thought it was a good idea to have player on player interraction--because it absolutely kills the game with 3 and 4 players.
haha, my room mates and I (the three of us) played through this game. I agree, it's definitely a pain in the ass, especially at the last world. It is fun to yell at your room mates though. I'm still waiting on one of them to get back home (from being on break), so we can finish world 9.
Website (under construction) : http://www.timcool.me
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES

Post by Falco Girgis »

Innerscope wrote:
GyroVorbis wrote:WARNING, though. The game becomes virtually unplayable after more than two players. Because you spend half your time bouncing into each other just to kill your allies or fuck them up during intense platforming portions. I want to murder the cock who thought it was a good idea to have player on player interraction--because it absolutely kills the game with 3 and 4 players.
haha, my room mates and I (the three of us) played through this game. I agree, it's definitely a pain in the ass, especially at the last world. It is fun to yell at your room mates though. I'm still waiting on one of them to get back home (from being on break), so we can finish world 9.
Kendall and I did a pretty decent job of getting coins our first time though, but we don't have a single level from World 9 unlocked.

So how are they? Are the levels badass? Is it worth the coin gathering?
hurstshifter
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Favorite Gaming Platforms: SNES

Post by hurstshifter »

GyroVorbis wrote: WARNING, though. The game becomes virtually unplayable after more than two players. Because you spend half your time bouncing into each other just to kill your allies or fuck them up during intense platforming portions. I want to murder the cock who thought it was a good idea to have player on player interraction--because it absolutely kills the game with 3 and 4 players.

Haha, my friend wrote an article about this very fact on his blog it was pretty funny. My girlfriend and I went through it as well and had a great time. We only have 2 levels of world 9 unlocked and they are uber-hard. Haven't beaten one yet.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
http://www.thenerdnight.com
Bakkon
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by Bakkon »

GyroVorbis wrote:So how are they? Are the levels badass? Is it worth the coin gathering?
I've been able to unlock 3 levels so far. They're pretty intense. Think Special Zone from Super Mario World.
Innerscope
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Innerscope »

Bakkon wrote:
GyroVorbis wrote:So how are they? Are the levels badass? Is it worth the coin gathering?
I've been able to unlock 3 levels so far. They're pretty intense. Think Special Zone from Super Mario World.
They are definitely a throwback to the special zone from SMW. I'd say they are worth the coin gathering if you're looking for more challenge. We've unlocked all but 9-8. Needless to say, so far my favorite level is still the bone roller coaster level from world 8. Now if only my room mate would get his ass back here with his Wii... :lol:
Lid
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: shooter
Favorite Gaming Platforms: snes, Nes, xbox360

Post by Lid »

assassins creed 2 for the xbox360
OmegaGDS
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Current Project: GMN (C++)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, PSP / Psp Emulation, GameCube, SNES, NES

Post by OmegaGDS »

GyroVorbis wrote:Kendall and I just beat the New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Very fun game. I wish that they had brought a few more things back (capes, raccoon suits), but it already surpassed my expectations. The ice flower is actually pretty cool. I thought the helicopter hat was dumb and gimmicky... Oh, Yoshi is back (but only on a few levels).

WARNING, though. The game becomes virtually unplayable after more than two players. Because you spend half your time bouncing into each other just to kill your allies or fuck them up during intense platforming portions. I want to murder the cock who thought it was a good idea to have player on player interraction--because it absolutely kills the game with 3 and 4 players.
This was a little while ago (about a week after New Super Mario Bros. Wii came out). Me and my friend went over to gamestop after school one friday, bought Super Mario bros. wii, and then played through the entire game in one night (literally beat it all). We started sometime later in the day, and finished around 6 in the morning, or was it 8. Gotta love those all night gaming rallys... I really like the mini mushroom (which i suppose they brought from DS?), but hate that you die when hit :( .
Innerscope
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Innerscope »

Battle Circuit on MAME last night. Capcom's last great 2D beat-em up.
pritam
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Amiga, PSOne, NDS

Post by pritam »

The Secret of Monkey Island and Monkey Island Lechuck's revenge. Yay! =D