Why can't I sleep?

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Why can't I sleep?

Post by eatcomics »

Okay, so lately I've had this wierd sleep thing...

At night I don't want to sleep (it's 12:30 here and I have school in the morning) but in the mornings I feel like shit?
I mean some nights I'm dog tired, others I don't even think about sleeping... Like right now, I'm a little tired, but I don't feel like I could sleep.

I mean the other night I went to bed at 9 that's early for me, and I woke up still feeling tired and shitty...

when i do sleep lately I have extremely weird dreams that make it feel like I haven't slept at all

I have no idea what it is

I would say it is stress but really its been like this for a while now, before I had any stress (right now I've got an accounting trip I have to study for (we're going to SIU for an accounting competition and I want a scholarship, and I've got a science fair project with my friend and I have to right the paper (due monday) it's on sleep deprevation of all things xD) Anyways, does anyone know what it could be? Some kind of change in my environment? Some kind of lack of protein? (that one was out there) IDK but I'm really sick of it... I'm gonna try to go to bed... but any thoughts would be great, oh and if you have any tips on how you guys get to sleep quicker I would love that :D

(the average person falls asleep in 7 minutes, I fall asleep in 3 hours+) :cry:
Arce
Jealous Self-Righteous Prick

Re: Why can't I sleep?

Post by Arce »

I'd try a sleeping pill every few days. I've been under similar cycles, & its not fun.
<qpHalcy0n> decided to paint the office, now i'm high and my hands hurt
lotios611
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Current Project: Game engine for the PC, PSP, and maybe more.
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Gameboy Micro
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by lotios611 »

eatcomics wrote:(the average person falls asleep in 7 minutes, I fall asleep in 3 hours+) :cry:
I don't have much to say, exept that I'm having sleeping troubles like you. Tonight I finally had a good rest.
"Why geeks like computers: unzip, strip, touch, finger, grep, mount, fsck, more, yes, fsck, fsck, fsck, umount, sleep." - Unknown
hurstshifter
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Favorite Gaming Platforms: SNES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by hurstshifter »

My advice to you would be to get some regular exercise. It really helps.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
http://www.thenerdnight.com
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

That's what I was thinking it was Hurt, but I've been exercising lately, and its still not helping. I was kinda depressed before the exercise thing though, but I feel much better now, I feel really motivated to get back to devving
RyanPridgeon
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac
Current Project: "Triangle"
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

Post by RyanPridgeon »

I have that problem too, no matter what I do. It's been like this for as long as I can remember though, so I just wait it out and lie in bed awake for hours before sleeping :C
Ryan Pridgeon
C, C++, C#, Java, ActionScript 3, HaXe, PHP, VB.Net, Pascal
Music | Blog
Pipjim
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by Pipjim »

Well, school would make most people have normal sleeping habits, but since it apparently isn't working for you, time for teh questions about you!

Do you:
Eat a lot of sugar?
Drink caffeine regularly? (chocolate, dark pop, energy drinks, cofee, whatev's)
Get enough exercise?
Drink enough water?
Eat yo' veggies?

Most likely, the problem is that you're staying up so late trying to go to sleep, which throws off your sleep-schedule thing...
Busy_V
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

Post by Busy_V »

RyanPridgeon wrote:I have that problem too, no matter what I do. It's been like this for as long as I can remember though, so I just wait it out and lie in bed awake for hours before sleeping :C
No, no, no. If you aren't feeling tired, you should not go to bed. It will only make things worse.
So, be sure to wake up at the same hour every day, go to the bed only and only when you feel tired and excersise a lot. :bow:
RyanPridgeon wrote:If you wanna go there, you go for it man. Nobody is stopping you so just work hard and achieve your goals.
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

I guess I just have a bad sleep schedule, I try and go to bed by ten or ten thirty, but... it doesn't always work, on school days I always get up at 6:30... but on weekends I do whatever I feel like... to the other questions yes... to all I think. I'm pretty sure the energy drinks don't hurt, I drink those in the morning and my mom is a caffiene nazi, so I don't usually have soda or anything after school
Arce

Post by Arce »

Dude, sleep is for pussies!;

let me tell u a story sun! All the idfference in the thang is tha you're a little cunt and I'm not.

Plus I'm drunk as fuck. Now my fault yiou's dumb as hell, b /c if you 'se drunk as fuck, your editor looks as nice as mine.

So sleep heps alot.

:mrgreen:
<qpHalcy0n> decided to paint the office, now i'm high and my hands hurt
Pipjim
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by Pipjim »

eatcomics wrote:I guess I just have a bad sleep schedule, I try and go to bed by ten or ten thirty, but... it doesn't always work, on school days I always get up at 6:30... but on weekends I do whatever I feel like... to the other questions yes... to all I think. I'm pretty sure the energy drinks don't hurt, I drink those in the morning and my mom is a caffiene nazi, so I don't usually have soda or anything after school
Well, everyone's body handles things differently; caffeine in the morning can actually keep you up at night, but I still think it's just because of the sleeping habits. Try and go to bed by 12 tops on weekends if you can, and if you must stay up later, set you're alarm so you get the same amount of sleep that you would on weekdays.
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

Arce wrote:Dude, sleep is for pussies!;

let me tell u a story sun! All the idfference in the thang is tha you're a little cunt and I'm not.

Plus I'm drunk as fuck. Now my fault yiou's dumb as hell, b /c if you 'se drunk as fuck, your editor looks as nice as mine.

So sleep heps alot.

:mrgreen:
um... k? sober up before you post son, or I'll beat you with a shovel :D

pipjim wrote:Well, everyone's body handles things differently; caffeine in the morning can actually keep you up at night, but I still think it's just because of the sleeping habits. Try and go to bed by 12 tops on weekends if you can, and if you must stay up later, set you're alarm so you get the same amount of sleep that you would on weekdays.
sounds good I'll try that pipjim, that is I'll try that if I'm not programming wink wink :D