Final Salvation

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

clsDevAaron
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Re: Final Salvation

Post by clsDevAaron »

I would like to thank everyone that has subscribed to my youtube channel. Thanks to you guys as well as my personal endeavors, I have decided that from now on I will only continue to play the game very casually. Which means many more hours will soon be put into the project. So expect some new videos and posts on the blog and all of that very soon. :]
clsDevAaron
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by clsDevAaron »

Wow...13 days since the last update.

Umm...with college rolling around, I haven't had much time to really update all the places. Will try to stay on top of work and stuff for now.

I finished updating the update blog, and you can see all the updates there finally, as well as the build 2.3 video (with me speaking very quietly >_<).

I released build 2.3 to a few select people to screw around with things, and ever since then I have been working on small fixes/tweaks for the game. I finished up adding graphics compression and turning them into my own data format. I have also been steadily working on the massive hell spawn that is the whole game editor.

I will try to keep you guys updated, but for those of you actually interested in the project, try to keep an eye on all the places I update. ;)
clsDevAaron
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by clsDevAaron »

I swear updates just keep getting farther and farther apart.

Well, not too much progress has been made on the game. College is consuming quite a bit of time, as well as gaming (for programming related idea's of course :p).

I did some more work on the game editor, making the map editor portion more user friendly. A lack of artwork partially makes it a bit hard for me to do a lot of work in regards to the editor itself, but I am getting what I can done slowly.

Also, very good news for those who care at all; If you have not seen the signature, just recently (today at 3:00am est), I completed a certification test hosted by expertrating and am officially a certified visual basic 6.0 professional (in their eyes).

While I didnt do excellent on the test, I still scored better than 78% of other testers, which I think is decent. Although, I guess in a way it goes to show you that you can expect some kind of decent quality out of my game when it gets completed? :p

Thats all for now though, off to do more course work ._.
clsDevAaron
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by clsDevAaron »

New youtube video finally up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYqAsjuz8zM

Updated the blog with the new video as well as screenshots. All screenshots can be seen on my portfolio site, myspace, facebook and google picasa.

New test build also available on my portfolio, here is the link to go directly to the page: http://aaronbartlett.webs.com/fs_new.htm
cypher1554R
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by cypher1554R »

Your project seems to be coming along nicely. It looks like a good, solid starting point for a 2d engine. If it's not getting in the way of your college, I think you should keep that up.
clsDevAaron
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by clsDevAaron »

Thanks. :]

I'm definately going to be working on it alot more, as long as I don't get swamped with college and timed work orders, then I have plenty of time to work on it.

Also, for those who care. I will be posting a new video later on today/early in the morning, of one of the work orders I recently did. I have no clue why the guy wanted this done, but its was one of the more interesting projects I have worked on.
clsDevAaron
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by clsDevAaron »

MrDeathNote
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: cocos2d-x project
Favorite Gaming Platforms: SNES, Sega Megadrive, XBox 360
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by MrDeathNote »

clsDevAaron wrote:Just gonna...leave...these here.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLC9k-8HcI4
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UMToz6vgys
I never even realised this thread was here, i should really pay more attention.... Nice vids though, keep up the good work man :mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDeathNote1988

"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it
harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg." - Bjarne Stroustrup
clsDevAaron
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by clsDevAaron »

hah, thanks bud. It's people who make me feel good the project (even though its in VB) that keep me wanting to finish it up!
MrDeathNote
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: cocos2d-x project
Favorite Gaming Platforms: SNES, Sega Megadrive, XBox 360
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by MrDeathNote »

clsDevAaron wrote:hah, thanks bud. It's people who make me feel good the project (even though its in VB) that keep me wanting to finish it up!
Theres nothing wrong with VB, it's whatever works for you.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDeathNote1988

"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it
harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg." - Bjarne Stroustrup